Page 52 of 259 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    People don't protest it in universe. The point still stands that to give Dick flak for something he has no power over is just unfair and silly.

If there was an alternative to AA then Dick would have tossed Jason in there but there isn't so in Arkham he goes.
    You mean in DC universe or fans?
    I got Dick had a bad idea because everybody has the same bad idea.
    I think Bruce is a jerk for saying Jason was crazy and put him in Arkham; and don't like Dick also saying Jason was crazy and putting him on Arkham. It Is just a fail of the script that keep repeating, and I can't see how this someone could thing "the other 999 persons that we sent went wrong, but this time I think they got it"
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 04-02-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Joker isn't always written as sane. Some versions are sane but not all
    When was the last time he was honest-to-god written as insane and not just someone we're told is insane by some character in story? Because Batman or any other can say that Joker is insane, but he can perfectly be written as a pretty "sane" psycho in that same story, despite those characters saying he's not. It's been a trend for the character since the 80's. I can't take it seriously when they do it, and they do it a lot.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-02-2021 at 12:46 PM.

I read, I don't know why, but I really thought Tim discovered about Bruce being alive before Dick and Damian, but could not convince them, so they discovered by themselves with the fake resurrect Bruce... I still don't know where that body come from...

Think like this, I know Tim said "Bruce is alive" so I just follow Dick and Damian stories, so they discovered about Bruce not being dead and Dick said "Tim was right, Bruce is not dead", I concluded Tim knew what happened by his investigation and Dick discovered by accident because it's like I got 50% of "where is Bruce?" Story

Double post ><
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 04-02-2021 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I read, I don't know why, but I really thought Tim discovered about Bruce being alive before Dick and Damian, but could not convince them, so they discovered by themselves with the fake resurrect Bruce... I still don't know where that body come from...

Think like this, I know Tim said "Bruce is alive" so I just follow Dick and Damian stories, so they discovered about Bruce not being dead and Dick said "Tim was right, Bruce is not dead", I concluded Tim knew what happened by his investigation and Dick discovered by accident because it's like I got 50% of "where is Bruce?" Story
    Reading Red Robin years ago, I got the impression it was Tim the one who discovered the clues first. But it's probably safer if you go ask in his thread. Just for the sake of not diverting Damian's thread with off topic about other character (as we've been doing with Tim, Dick and now Joker. I take partial responsibility for that last one).

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Reading Red Robin years ago, I got the impression it was Tim the one who discovered the clues first. But it's probably safer if you go ask in his thread. Just for the sake of not diverting Damian's thread with off topic about other character (as we've been doing with Tim, Dick and now Joker. I take partial responsibility for that last one).
    Yes, he was. He recognised Bruce in one of the pictures of the Wayne ancestors. But for whatever reason, he never told anyone about that.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

That wasn’t revealed until later. Red Robin kind of existed in its own wold. With him finding Bat caves in the Middle East and what have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That wasn’t revealed until later. Red Robin kind of existed in its own wold. With him finding Bat caves in the Middle East and what have you.
    Yeah, because it would spoil "The Return of Bruce Wayne" that Morrison was doing. But chronologically, that portrait was the reason he found out Bruce was alive and that was before he left the mansion.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yes, he was. He recognised Bruce in one of the pictures of the Wayne ancestors. But for whatever reason, he never told anyone about that.
    Because it's just a hunch, and he knew that. If he tells anyone they'd think he's gone crazy with grief. There's a body after all. So he went away on his own to find more clues to confirm it.

Except he pretty much told everyone that Bruce was still alive, and then just gave no actual support to that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, because it would spoil "The Return of Bruce Wayne" that Morrison was doing. But chronologically, that portrait was the reason he found out Bruce was alive and that was before he left the mansion.
    yeah! this is what I remembered, so he really discovered before, thanks <3

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Did you not read Batman and Robin with the evil Bruce clone who taunted Damian?
    Why would you look to a Tim fan for Dick's story?
    Dick found out that Bruce wasn't dead and solved the 1st clues in london with squire.
    I've read it, and precisely only read that comic regarding Return of Bruce Wayne, because I was on that time only a fan of Dickbats and pretty much didn't really care for Bruce. But since the original poster asked about Tim's role on finding Bruce, I feel like it will be unfair to only tell her about my knowledge on Batman and Robin. Just like I said, I don't know the detail myself, I just found a comment about Batman book acknowledges Tim's clue, and apparently it happened before Dick found the evidence?

I agree with @Zaresh, @Rebecca Armus should ask about it on Tim appreciation thread. To be completely honest, I don't really care about Return of Bruce Wayne arc and how he was resurrected.i just care that because Bruce was resurrected, Dickbats was ended
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 04-02-2021 at 04:20 PM.

When you look at something like Court of Owls, part of the logic of Court of Owls was that the owl is a natural predator for bats. So it works with those characters. So I was like, 'Okay, well, I'll take that logic and apply it to Robin. What are robin's natural predators?' And I looked it up and it was hawks.

But then once I started writing the book and I started realizing, it never clicked in my brain until I was actually writing it how much Damian and Connor have in common.

Once I started really outlining out what the whole first part was going to be, the emotional story for Damian became tied in with Connor Hawke and what Connor Hawke is going through. It jelled really, really well. Issue #3 has a big scene with the two of them that's one of my favorite things I've done in a long time. It's one of my favorite scenes in the book, the two of them having, essentially, a bonding moment where they're talking about what their lives have been like and how much they have in common.

- Joshua Williamson on Hawke and Robin

https://www.cbr.com/robin-joshua-wil...ampaign=CBR-TW

"Well, selfishly for me, I enjoy throwing Damian in different situations where he has to interact with people.

And it might be situations where he isn't his normal situation, where he's such a competent person, but I think there are ways of throwing him into situations that might humble him or where he might clash with people.

I love Damian. I've liked him since day one. I've wanted to write him for years. And so for me, I like that idea of him being this wildcard of the DCU and him going through this growth period in his life where he just went through a lot of really hard stuff, and now he's taking a step back to reflect on what happened, growing as a character. Those are all the things that are important to me with him.

Damian is a person who thinks they know everything and then suddenly is confronted with, 'Maybe I don't know everything, maybe there's a piece of the world I'm not aware of and it was kept secret from me. How was that kept secret from me? Why was that kept secret from me?' And let's throw him into that situation, the League of Lazarus, where he finds himself surrounded by all of these people that... When Damian was first introduced, a part of his story was that he was a person that was like, "I can take a life. I can do this thing. I'm the best at killing. I can do this, doesn't matter." And then to just surround him with people who, all these fighters outside of Connor Hawke, a lot of them are assassins. A lot of them are mercenaries who kill people.

So to suddenly find himself in that situation again where Damian's around people who are just like, 'Oh yeah, I have no problem killing people. You're totally right. We should just kill people.'

Finding himself in that moment, I think, makes Damian confront a lot of parts of himself and the fact that he was raised to be a weapon. He was raised to be a weapon, to be a vessel for rage -- all these things where people were just taking away who he was to make him into something else.

I think being in this tournament, Damian gets to see other people who've gone through things very similar to him. And instead of them constantly trying to help him, I think it's an opportunity for him to help others get through what he also went through. All these pieces just go into this big story, and then there's a bunch of fighting."

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    When you look at something like Court of Owls, part of the logic of Court of Owls was that the owl is a natural predator for bats. So it works with those characters. So I was like, 'Okay, well, I'll take that logic and apply it to Robin. What are robin's natural predators?' And I looked it up and it was hawks.

But then once I started writing the book and I started realizing, it never clicked in my brain until I was actually writing it how much Damian and Connor have in common.

Once I started really outlining out what the whole first part was going to be, the emotional story for Damian became tied in with Connor Hawke and what Connor Hawke is going through. It jelled really, really well. Issue #3 has a big scene with the two of them that's one of my favorite things I've done in a long time. It's one of my favorite scenes in the book, the two of them having, essentially, a bonding moment where they're talking about what their lives have been like and how much they have in common.

- Joshua Williamson on Hawke and Robin

https://www.cbr.com/robin-joshua-wil...ampaign=CBR-TW
    Joshua Williamson really said anything I wanted to hear in this interview, I'm dying to read this book! And it seems to me he really understands Damian, which is a huge relieve.