Page 178 of 259 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3875
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    What is his heritage? The only one we know for certain is he is half English from his dad's side, but Talia's heritage is never clarified. Sometime she is depicted as white, or as more East Asian, or sometime Middle Eastern.
    Ra's is Chinese from his father, his mother is a mystery since he erased his and his culture's history, but his mother's brother was a nomad leader roaming Saudi Arabia
    Talia's mother is Arab Chinese

Their depiction varied. Early on, in the Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams era she looks and dress more Chinese. Recently more dark middle eastern. Same with Damian. A lot of times they just go with Bruce clone, mainly white, but sometimes they want to depict him more middle eastern, sometimes dark sometimes light.

Seems like they don't really have a set look that artist have to follow and just let them do what they want. Like when Rebirth began Jim Lee drew him light, Jonboy Meyers dark. Then in the comics he's light, in the cover he's dark. Most of the time he's light, then for one issue he's dark. Back and forth back and forth.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-08-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Ra's is Chinese from his father, his mother is a mystery since he erased his and his culture's history, but his mother's brother was a nomad leader roaming Saudi Arabia
    Talia's mother is Arab Chinese
    Ra's is half-Chinese because his father is the Sensei, the supervillain from Hong Kong. This was a later retcon from the Morrison era, though I assume it's still canon.

But if Melisande is also half-Chinese, I missed this - did we learn anything new about Melisande's past in recent years? Did we get anything else? Melisande is one of those elusive figures we only get nuggets of info ever so often.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Ra's is half-Chinese because his father is the Sensei, the supervillain from Hong Kong. This was a later retcon from the Morrison era, though I assume it's still canon.

But if Melisande is also half-Chinese, I missed this - did we learn anything new about Melisande's past in recent years? Did we get anything else? Melisande is one of those elusive figures we only get nuggets of info ever so often.
    It's in Birth of the Demon

Spectacular Member

Was it? I need to go back and reread it then, really didn't remember that.

Extraordinary Member

4FFA5470-9D94-44E7-9EEC-409FD7DD3638.jpg
    I preferred this just enough to have me remember he was mixed
    But I like web comics choice

Man, forget his constantly changing skin tone. I'm just sitting here being extra happy over all the wonderful Damian content we've been getting. Especially today. 2021 really has been his year.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Man, forget his constantly changing skin tone. I'm just sitting here being extra happy over all the wonderful Damian content we've been getting. Especially today. 2021 really has been his year.
    Damian appeared in a comic this week?

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Damian appeared in a comic this week?
    The Wayne Family Webtoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    The Wayne Family Webtoon.
    What is that??

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    What is that??
    https://www.webtoons.com/en/slice-of...?title_no=3180

.... OK?? Is not something canon.. But fine.

THANKS

Oh. Yeah. No way in hell it's canon, but it's part of that DC/Webtoon crossover thing they announced a while back. And, for what it is, it's a ton of fun. I'm all for it.

Was it? I need to go back and reread it then, really didn't remember that.
    Because it's not.

Talia is explicitly identified as half Chinese and half Arab (so was her mother) in Birth of the Demon but Ras was always left ambiguous. Although nowadays we accept that he is Middle Eastern.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Anyone else hate this skin tone for Damian? He is whiter and more Chinese/Central Asia than Arab, but twitter ignores this, this skin tone seems made by people who want to pretend they are not racist but are very racist
    I have no problem with Damian's skin tone, whether white, black, or brown I don't care. But I am kinda annoyed by early comments that say "Damian's skin is brown this is proper Damian!".

Uhm no. Damian's character is never based on his skin color alone, the most important part is his characterization. That's why he can have numerous ranges of skin color and eyes across multiple comics and we can identify them (not BftC and Teen Titans) as Damian. So long webtoon version hasn't done anything wrong with Damian's characterization (at least they're better than Patrick in Signal comic).

Yeah. Damian's characterization was one of the things that I was most concerned about when I first found out about this. But I ended up being pleasantly surprised. He's just as great in the webtoon as he is all the other stuff that I love. That's another thing I gotta give mad props to the writer for. Yeah this is a more down to earth and comedic take on these characters but everyone still mostly feels like themselves.