Page 245 of 259 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Personally, I'm more curious about where the story goes after the tournament. I suspect it'll somehow tie-in to Williamson's Deathstroke stuff, but I'd rather Damian continue being independent and keep doing his own stuff.
    I am afraid for the SHADOW WAR thing... It will be the Deathstroke crossover? Talia will appear in deathstroke INC too.

Talia will ruin me ROBIN reuniting him with Batman??

I was fine with have one Crossover with Deathstroke that would be only to confirm that he is Grant.

ALSO. I was hyped with one GLEB Ra´s image that in the end will be Ra´s vs Talia not Ra´s vs Mother Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Looks like in addition to Shadows of the Bat we'll be getting another event next year in Shadow War, it's been teased a few times now and looks like it will feature Talia.

Robin 2021 Annual:

Last edited by adrikito; 12-01-2021 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Huh, I need a reading list on Pre-New 52 Damian. Like all the issues where he's in, gotta read up on that.
    This is a bit difficult since Morrison's run was long and Damian did not become regular till Batman and Robin. But I would recommend reading it in its entirety since Williamson is using lots, and I mean lots, of things from Morrison these days so I wouldn't be surprised if Shadow War ends up being some sort of a sequel to Morrison's Batman Inc.

I think this is Williamson's pre-Flashpoint Damian story: https://www.dccomics.com/comics/supe...ermanbatman-77

Huh, I need a reading list on Pre-New 52 Damian. Like all the issues where he's in, gotta read up on that.
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/profi...-reading-order

This Reading list covering every single Damian appearance in comics up till TT by Glass.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/profi...-reading-order

This Reading list covering every single Damian appearance in comics up till TT by Glass.
    And Battle for the Cowl is there...
    Both Damian and Jason, and even Babs, were poorly shown in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And Battle for the Cowl is there...
    Both Damian and Jason, and even Babs, were poorly shown in that.
    the request was for Damian's earlier comic appearances not the ones that are universally deemed good.

poorly shown is subjective.
    I don't mind battle for the cowl. I liked quite a bit of it.
    Damian saving tim's life for example is an important part of Damian's development.

It's ignored by the Damian hating part of fandom that likes to remind everyone that Damian is an evil killer [they
    use the he tried to kill Tim in batman and Son excuse leaving out the fact that Tim has physically attacked Damian twice]

It is a key detail that a lot of newer Damian fans don't know.

It's a comprehensive and complete list.

I don't think it's my place to tell or pick which comics I believe @Eckri should read when they asked for a list not recommendations.

All characters have stories where they are portrayed badly, you take the bad with the good. canon is canon.
    Last edited by dietrich; 12-01-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Except the characters, Jason and Damian sound nothing like they're supposed to. Babs literally got a young girl eaten by Killer Croc.

Except the characters, Jason and Damian sound nothing like they're supposed to. Babs literally got a young girl eaten by Killer Croc.
    So? Canon is canon. You can't just disregard what part of canon you accept simply because your favourites weren't written in a favourable/flattering manner.

Damian's dialogue was off but Damian's characterisation was fine [remember this was the early days of the character]

BFTC Damian is a 1000 times more in character than Glass' Damian. A version you felt was an accurate enough portrayal of Damian that you cited that version just a few pages back on this very thread.

We all have our subjective bias and preferences. That's fine. That's also why an objective list of titles is important so individual fans can check the stories out for themselves and come to their own conclusions.

Reading a story arc where a character we like is OCC is very annoying but isn't that big a deal.

So? Canon is canon. You can't just disregard what part of canon you accept simply because your favourites weren't written in a favourable/flattering manner.

Damian's dialogue was off but Damian's characterisation was fine [remember this was the early days of the character]

BFTC Damian is a 1000 times more in character than Glass' Damian. A version you felt was an accurate enough portrayal of Damian that you cited that version just a few pages back on this very thread.

We all have our subjective bias and preferences. That's fine. That's also why an objective list of titles is important so individual fans can check the stories out for themselves and come to their own conclusions.

Reading a story arc where a character we like is OCC is very annoying but isn't that big a deal.
    ??? I haven't cited anything about Glass' Titans run, except in a negative light.

Anyway, Damian tried to impress a girl, and despite being 10, acted more like a stereotypical teen. Not a kid that was raised by assassins most of his life.

And no, nothing good came out of that story.

poorly shown is subjective.
    I don't mind battle for the cowl. I liked quite a bit of it.
    Damian saving tim's life for example is an important part of Damian's development.

It's ignored by the Damian hating part of fandom that likes to remind everyone that Damian is an evil killer [they
    use the he tried to kill Tim in batman and Son excuse leaving out the fact that Tim has physically attacked Damian twice]

It is a key detail that a lot of newer Damian fans don't know.
    HATERS are HATERS

And if you are a Tim(or another character) fan if you think that certain character is Your Enemy is hard change your mind.

You only hate that character because you are a Fan who has the idea the other character existence is bad for your character.

Anyway Tim fans should see that Damian left Gotham long time ago to continue hating him for NOTHING and Tim has been showed in many different ways these years to continue cursing Damian.

But is what I feel with Talia. Damian encounters with her are Terrible.

I will curse her even more if Damian and Bruce reunion to defeat her in Shadow War makes ROBIN comic end I wanted a crossover with Deathstroke not his possible return to Batman side that can make this comic end.
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-02-2021 at 01:02 AM.

Fantastic Member

??? I haven't cited anything about Glass' Titans run, except in a negative light.

Anyway, Damian tried to impress a girl, and despite being 10, acted more like a stereotypical teen. Not a kid that was raised by assassins most of his life.

Not trying to vouch for Battle for the Cowl, frankly I hold in the same regard as All Star Batman. Funny to read for laughs.

But wasn't Damian...drunk when he was driving the Batmobile? Like, Bruce just died and he was flatout drunk? Dunno, but I got the impression of that.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

I will curse her even more if Damian and Bruce reunion to defeat her in Shadow War makes ROBIN comic end I wanted a crossover with Deathstroke not his possible return to Batman side that can make this comic end.
    Eh, we'll see after the tournament arc, because who knows what happens after the tournament arc. What's Damian's next goal? Either he goes back to Bruce, dump him in Teen Titans Academy (Gods no, please not this), or he goes globe trotting (This I like)

Eh, we'll see after the tournament arc, because who knows what happens after the tournament arc. What's Damian's next goal? Either he goes back to Bruce, dump him in Teen Titans Academy (Gods no, please not this), or he goes globe trotting (This I like)
    What you said... We will see.

Remembering Damian comic first poster I am a little afraid about this(with Talia involved) becaming in the serie end.. Like if this comic is doomed to finish in this crossover

https://www.latercera.com/resizer/hn...4XKRBAP3DM.jpg

A simple crossover with Deathstroke would be less dangerous... but this? I see it as a bad signal with both Batman and Talia involved.

I think that IN THEORY The Fear state thing with Damian believing that Bruce is dead could make him return to Gotham in Robin 12. But I was expecting this as a simple visit to confirm that Bruce is alive.

I like Globe Trotting too. For this the comic should continue and after see her Origins it would be SAD see Flatline becaming in another Maya. Despite in this case I have doubts about Williamson leaving DC.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    HATERS are HATERS

And if you are a Tim(or another character) fan if you think that certain character is Your Enemy is hard change your mind.

You only hate that character because you are a Fan who has the idea the other character existence is bad for your character.

Anyway Tim fans should see that Damian left Gotham long time ago to continue hating him for NOTHING and Tim has been showed in many different ways these years to continue cursing Damian.

How is it the characters fault if the comic ends? They are fictional, they don't decide anything. If DC (or more likely Williamson) want to end Robin after the tournament arc (to continue the story in another comic) then it's because the plan changed. Williamson didn't know he would be taking over the main Batman comic when he started Robin, but writing the main title changes the way he will be able to tell the story he wants to tell.
    If you want to get mad then get mad at Williamson or DC, being mad at the characters is useless, especially at one that is treated as badly by DC as Talia is ever since they decided it was fair to twist her character in the worst possible ways to give Damian angst or to make Bruce/Dick look better by comparison.

citation

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-2021/page233

He also prepped before hand to take down Jason when he thought Jason had betrayed them, and got the crap beaten out of him for all his effort.

Damian is a trained assassin whose skill set includes acting and undercover work [he has the skills to act like a regular teen]

Damian just lost his father and had just abandoned his mum and the LOA [he was under enough emotional and mental strain to want to disappear his reality and drown his pain in]

So no that moment isn't necessarily OCC.

You feel nothing good came out of BFTC. That's fair.
    I feel differently and that is also fair since it's all subjective.

This is why it's important that individual readers are allowed to decide for themselves.

This spiralled. i wasn't making recommendations for good/great Damian stories. I just linked a source for a full Damian Reading list [from introduction to TT by Glass]

The list hasn't been updated since Thompson took over from Glass so Glass' run is on the list and that is a run I personally wouldn't recommend but it's on the list.

Yeah characters aren't to blame for comics ending unless it's a case of where the character themselves don't have the fanbase to justify the cost of publishing the comic.

I don't think Robin is ending. It is an on-going. There are more adventures and stories to be had.

The main four could carry on going on adventures etc.

Nightwing has RR and Batgirl, batgirls has Spoiler, batgirl and Orphan, Urban legends has multiple heroes etc Single titles that are homes for multiple heroes.

Robin can be a home for these 4

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    How is it the characters fault if the comic ends? They are fictional, they don't decide anything. If DC (or more likely Williamson) want to end Robin after the tournament arc (to continue the story in another comic) then it's because the plan changed. Williamson didn't know he would be taking over the main Batman comic when he started Robin, but writing the main title changes the way he will be able to tell the story he wants to tell.
    If you want to get mad then get mad at Williamson or DC, being mad at the characters is useless, especially at one that is treated as badly by DC as Talia is ever since they decided it was fair to twist her character in the worst possible ways to give Damian angst or to make Bruce/Dick look better by comparison.
    Ohter PLANS... What made RSOB end.. They could had delayed Rebirth 1 more year.

Yes. If this comic ends I should blame DC Agenda. Is not like I can blame Gleason for RSOB end.

DC should really stop making that in their encounters.. Damian and Ra´s last encounter was good and we talk about the same man who wanted Damian body..

How that can make Dick Grayson look better??
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-02-2021 at 03:22 AM.