Page 203 of 259 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Maybe the last that I add. I do not see people paying attention to these sketches. Maybe is a waste of time post them here..

A little weird see him Smiling.. Perhaps he is satisfied by the Monster Lazarus defeat?

Attachment 114445
    Nice pic. Please keep posting Adrikito. We do appreciate the uploads.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I'm pretty sure her aspirations are to be accepted by Batman and work alongside him, rather than actually taking the Robin mantle from Damian.

She is trying to redeem herself and because of that is trying extra hard to be useful to Batman.

I'd actually kinda like to see a Damian and Harley team up. Damian tends to have fun dynamics with characters with more cheerful personalities like Harley. They probably wouldn't get on very well but would still be fun.
    I hope that not...

Despite I would had less problems with them teaming than Damian and Superkid. I do not think that Harley would cause more problems to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I follow him on Instagram and Twitter, they look good once we get closer to his books I’m sure others will take notice
    Is only wait until the Annual. Apparently after this Roger Cruz replaces the current Robin artist.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-08-2021 at 05:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I love Harley and Damian. Love that it every time he calls him baby Bat and he scolds her warning her to "never call him that Quinn"

They have such good banter the few stories we've seen them together in.

Their bickering in Gotham Resistance was funny though felt sorry for poor Nightwing who had to play referee.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

Whelp. We got out first live action Damian for the Wayne Family Adventures mini-series. And wow. If that first picture is any indicator, this kid's already gonna have his facial expressions down lol
    So confirmed the Batman does wear make up for crime fighting purposes.

The actor is a good fit for Damian. It's hard to cast characters with unusual mixes like Damian's Middle Eastern/Asian/Caucasian blend.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

Whelp. We got out first live action Damian for the Wayne Family Adventures mini-series. And wow. If that first picture is any indicator, this kid's already gonna have his facial expressions down lol
    WB racing to provide content for HBO. This looks good. Hopefully other franchises get some focus too.

Why are the Tim and Dick actors Asian?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Why are the Tim and Dick actors Asian?
    why not be asian ?

why not be asian ?

Because the characters aren't Asian?

On the other hand, I think the actor for Damian looks pretty spot on.

Aren't you the same guy who wants TimKon? We can accept characters being of different ethnicities in live-action adaptations.

All-New Member

Its not about ethnicity. Its about staying true to the original material. Since we want Damian to be a POC and demand it when they white wash him. It should be the same when they change other characters origins/gender to show diversity. Double standards shouldn't be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryrun View Post
    Its not about ethnicity. Its about staying true to the original material. Since we want Damian to be a POC and demand it when they white wash him. It should be the same when they change other characters origins/gender to show diversity. Double standards shouldn't be a thing.
    If we're being honest, Damian looking white isn't him being whitewashed. That's, like, what he could realistically look like.

Anyways, double standards? Gonna blow a fuse because the actor doesn't have blue eyes or something?

Incredible Member

Don't worry. Wayne Family Adventures is a fan-made show. It isn't official.

why not be asian ?
    Because it's hollow and counter productive especially in Tim's case.

The need for race bending arose because of a lack of equal representation in comics and media in general.

More Representation is good as is listening to fan demands. When those changes are done to appease fans HC which lean into stereotypes and fetish [Asian Tim does do that] then it's damaging.

When those changes are made and feed into already existing societal stereotypes [Making Tim Black and changing his origin to make him less wealthy and an inner city kid] then it's racist.

It's also problematic for Tim the character as is in the comics since any viewers who take to him because they feel he represents them on a racial level is in for a huge disappointment when they find out the Actual Tim in the comics is as white as they come.

While most fans hated Titans making Tim Black Asian they have welcomed this new interpretation of Asian Tim who isn't so black. I wonder why?

The Asian Tim HC was born from the 'smart Asian Stereotype' He's smart so he must be Asian. He's smart so he can't be black.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    If we're being honest, Damian looking white isn't him being whitewashed. That's, like, what he could realistically look like.

Anyways, double standards? Gonna blow a fuse because the actor doesn't have blue eyes or something?
    When people ask for Damian's look's to reflect his heritage, they understand that there are people who pass. However comics are a visual meduim and since we are talking representation it's understandable why fans want Damian to look different from Bruce and the Rest of the Bat boys who have no Asian or middle eastern genes.

It understandable when fans ask for him to be a bit more Tanned than his siblings, have facial features that reflect his mixed hertige. Distinct from his siblings.

It's understand why they complain whenever artists mess up and give him blue eyes instead of green

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    When people ask for Damian's look's to reflect his heritage, they understand that there are people who pass. However comics are a visual meduim and since we are talking representation it's understandable why fans want Damian to look different from Bruce and the Rest of the Bat boys who have no Asian or middle eastern genes.

It understandable when fans ask for him to be a bit more Tanned than his siblings, have facial features that reflect his mixed hertige. Distinct from his siblings.

It's understand why they complain whenever artists mess up and give him blue eyes instead of green
    There are Middle Eastern people who are white passing, you understand? Like, a ton of them. Who feel represented by Damian.