Page 67 of 259 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3875
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    https://twitter.com/Sampere_art/stat...68780469788677
    Damian will appear in Action Comics #1030.
    Yes someone gets it !

Spectacular Member

I’m happy that Jon’ll be interacting with Damian more, but like others have said it just isn’t the same and it’s lost some of its charm IMO (I also wish Jon had a better costume but that’s another story)

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post

Damian by Gleb Melnikov. Really like the fancy-gloves-ninja outfit, hope that it will have a long tenure.
    Hmmm... She was behind him and he noticed about it?

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    At the end of today's Nightwing there's a little interview about Robin and it's great, as always.

THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    There was never any doubt that they'd still be friends. But now...I dunno. I ain't all that invested in Jon anymore. He's damaged goods. They keep trying to patch up the damage but it's like using scotch tape to fix a broken vase.

As far as Damian's friends go, I'd rather see what comes of Williamson's claims that Maya and Colin will be showing up. Those two never should have disappeared in the first place.
    I thought that I was the ONLY with problems with that SuperKid. Or is only that you Dislike what BENDIS made with him?

Yeah.. Last time that I saw Maya was before Gleason left.. Both Damian and Maya were unlucky when he left.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-22-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    I’m happy that Jon’ll be interacting with Damian more, but like others have said it just isn’t the same and it’s lost some of its charm IMO (I also wish Jon had a better costume but that’s another story)
    it isnt the same but , they cant just rewind time for him now, he has experienced to much as a teen now. I still hope for an animated series of Jon and Damián adventures as kids, but yes Bendis prematurely killed something so magical

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Hmmm... She was behind him and he noticed about it?

THANKS

I thought that I was the ONLY with problems with that SuperKid. Or is only that you Dislike what BENDIS made with him?

Yeah.. Last time that I saw Maya was before Gleason left.. Both Damian and Maya were unlucky when he left.
    You're definitely not the only one who has problems with Jon. But I'm not one of those people. I love the kid. He's one of the characters who got me reading DC comics again. I just hate what he's become since Bendis' run. Even if they are taking steps to fix some the problem.

You're definitely not the only one who has problems with Jon. But I'm not one of those people. I love the kid. He's one of the characters who got me reading DC comics again. I just hate what he's become since Bendis' run. Even if they are taking steps to fix some the problem.
    Bendis again.. In which comics is him now? To avoid them..

I lost interest in Superman comics for him. I even dislike his villains.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-22-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Bendis again.. In which comics is him now? To avoid them..

I lost interest in Superman comics for him. I even dislike his villains.
    Currently his only book is Justice League. Which...actually isn't terrible so far. But my guard is still up.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Lo0ve the drip on out boy. Can't wait to see all of his outfits. Also liking how Williamson is making it clear that Damian is a super skilled bad ass can't wait to see it translated on the pages as well as stylish Damian.
    Damian is a Badass. Writers recently seem to forget that. He's been nerfed a lot since rebirth or he hasn't had many stand out fights/match ups so I welcome this Tournament.

I saw a post online of Damian's encounters with the Joker. wasn't aware they'd only interacted 3 times [thought it was more] anyway here how it goes

1, Beats him with a crowbar

2, Attempts to strangle him with his baby hands

2b, Stabs his foot with a Screw Driver

And the third time Damian attempts to run him over

We need Badass Damian back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    it isnt the same but , they cant just rewind time for him now, he has experienced to much as a teen now. I still hope for an animated series of Jon and Damián adventures as kids, but yes Bendis prematurely killed something so magical
    Yeah, I've accepted there's no going back now. Jon is a teenager and Supersons in their OG form can only be in stories set on the past.

I have high hopes for Taylor's Superman and for the boys. They can still have their Bromance as we saw in DCeased..

The age gap between them is back to what it was.

Last edited by CPSparkles; 04-23-2021 at 06:17 AM.

Yeah that's definitely the best way to take it but I just can't. The character is way to marred for me now. Like Bane. Or Charles Xavier. Or the Inhumans (Even after they've gone back to normal and that conflict with the X-Men ended, I still can't look at them the same)

I'm happy that Taylor is trying to preserve as much as old Jon as he can (especially his friendship with Damian. Though I never had any doubts about that). But my perception of him now is just...too damaged. The kid who helped me get back into comics and helped me become a fan of Superman was taken away, way too soon and now they keep plastering reminders of him onto a new guy. A new guy who could very well be a good character now that he's in the hands of a writer who knows what he's doing. But he still ain't my guy. He's not one of my four horsemen in my profile picture lol

Like...as a Super Sons fan, a pic like that should make me happy. But honestly, it just kinda hurts. **** tugs right at my heart xD
    Last edited by Blue22; 04-23-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah that's definitely the best way to take it but I just can't. The character is way to marred for me now. Like Bane. Or Charles Xavier. Or the Inhumans (Even after they've gone back to normal and that conflict with the X-Men ended, I still can't look at them the same)

I'm happy that Taylor is trying to preserve as much as old Jon as he can (especially his friendship with Damian. Though I never had any doubts about that). But my perception of him now is just...too damaged. The kid who helped me get back into comics and helped me become a fan of Superman was taken away, way too soon and now they keep plastering reminders of him onto a new guy. A new guy who could very well be a good character now that he's in the hands of a writer who knows what he's doing. But he still ain't my guy. He's not one of my four horsemen in my profile picture lol

Like...as a Super Sons fan, a pic like that should make me happy. But honestly, it just kinda hurts. **** tugs right at my heart xD
    Have hope man

Bendis marred the entire Super line for me (comics wise, at least) with how he did things. Even if Taylor writes Jon as a 10 year old in a 17 year old body, its too late for me. Taylor did a good Super Sons in DCeased, yes. But unless a number of things in the Super line change, I can't bring myself to read it anymore. Because it wasn't just Jon's character that was destroyed by Bendis.

Spectacular Member

I’m holding out hope that the age up will be reversed in this Superman run. Probably at the end of it, if I were to guess. But I still want to see how they handle Jon’s interaction with Damian. The new Robin solo comes out next week right?

Double Damian in July, as not only is he in his own series, he's also starring in that month's issue of Truth and Justice!

Source: leaked solicits that have now been taken down.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman