Page 86 of 259 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I respect Grayson and I started to see Damian as a teen(not a child) when he made 13...

MORE THAN ANOTHER THIS is... THE RESPECT that I have for Dick Grayson that will make me see it Less Disgusting.

I already said that I would avoid the images.. My mind would not be ready for this neither.
    It's not really about respect for the characters so much as it's just...one being significantly more wrong than the other. If people wanna ship DamiJon (provided it's nothing sexual) that's still weird and I hate the idea that two people can't be friends without instantly being paired together. But it's not really crossing any serious lines. The same can't be said for any scenario involving Dick and Damian. That's just wrong from every conceivable angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It's not really about respect for the characters so much as it's just...one being significantly more wrong than the other. If people wanna ship DamiJon (provided it's nothing sexual) that's still weird and I hate the idea that two people can't be friends without instantly being paired together. But it's not really crossing any serious lines. The same can't be said for any scenario involving Dick and Damian. That's just wrong from every conceivable angle.
    Both ships are wrong.. UNFORTUNATELY People likes Ship EVERYTHING.

I saw in 4chan thinking in SHIP damian with this Flatline or Rose(18 years in Priest Run)... But watching DC attempts of ships with Damian(Emiko and Djinn) failures I am unable to ship him with ANYBODY.

FANMADE character or this Oliver Grayson existed in another universe?

oliver_and_damian_by_jasontodd1fan.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-28-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Superman and Robin
    I guess that is how it will be soon.

(I don't like Jon being Superman, by-the-by).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess that is how it will be soon.

(I don't like Jon being Superman, by-the-by).
    I've got a feeling you're not alone on that.

Such is life in the comic book fandom. Can you imagine if these people thought like that in real life? Oh wait, they actually might.

Some genetic trees deserve to be cut.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Such is life in the comic book fandom. Can you imagine if these people thought like that in real life? Oh wait, they actually might.

Some genetic trees deserve to be cut.
    Damian fans are even starting to sound like him!

Both ships are wrong.. UNFORTUNATELY People likes Ship EVERYTHING.

I saw in 4chan thinking in SHIP damian with this Flatline or Rose(18 years in Priest Run)... But watching DC attempts of ships with Damian(Emiko and Djinn) failures I am unable to ship him with ANYBODY.

FANMADE character or this Oliver Grayson existed in another universe?

oliver_and_damian_by_jasontodd1fan.jpg
    Ships are a thing you need to get used to, trust me. Even If you're trying to avoid em, they'll show up.

As for the 4chan ships, I mean we just met Flatline. She looks cool and has that mysterious/dangerous vibe that Wayne men go for; but it's waay too early to ship them just yet. I could see her as a possible rival/frenemy that may grow into a ship eventually. God help him if he breaks her heart tho, she'll return the favor.

Rose is a no, he's way too young for her currently and they have more of a brother/sister vibe than anything. I've been waiting for more of their banter ever since their TT run together.

Djinn was just a confused damsel in distress and he was her knight in stretchy spandex. She was a crush and he cared about her, but nothing more. (Plus she kinda blamed everything on him and then everyone agreed with that, so god no.)

I actually shipped Damian and Emiko a bit during their initial interactions (that blush when she kissed him XD), then their TT happened and that wasn't expanded upon, in fact they both discussed and defended their respective crushes when talking about the traitor - which I found rather amusing.

I'm still sore about how things ended between them, they just had to punctuate that run with Damian hurting the one person who stood by him - and killed for him. Damnit DC.

I've never heard of Oliver Grayson, but I see that 'O' on his suit, and all I'm getting are Omni-man vibes.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Damian fans are even starting to sound like him!
    Heh, that was me long before I read about the murder midget.

Extraordinary Member

B91BDB45-1D03-4AEB-95D7-EC79088A22CE.jpg
    Need some whole topic change
    Happy national superhero day

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Do you mean that "Robin and Batman" book they teased a few weeks ago.
    I'm still wondering if that's just going to be an, probably out of continuity, anthology for stories about all the different Batman and Robin teams.
    Tynion said he knew nothing about it when someone asked him and since he's the main Batman writer and a huge Tim fan I would assume he would know about it if it was canon and involved Tim as a main character.

Williamson said we can expect Robin to cross over with Batman around the end of the year.
    Oh yeah. Forget that Tynion doesn't know anything about that book, so maybe it will be out of continuity.

Eh. I wouldn't be a fan of anything (comics included) if I let a fandom's behavior dictate my enjoyment of something.

Besides, just from going through a quick deviantart search right now, I'm not seeing a lot of Damian fanart that has anything to do with Jon. The closest I saw to anything "shippy" was actually with Dick.
    Had to admit, while the amount of Damijon fanarts are diminished currently, they were massive when Supersons reach its peak popularity. Some of them even entered my Pinterest timeline back when I don't give any **** about American comics, like a comic strip when Damian fell on top of Jon (or vice versa, I don't remember) and they accidentally kissed, Damian's brothers recorded it, and accidentally broadcasted it in front of a gala, to Bruce and Clark's horror. Back then, my only thought is "Aren't Bruce and Clark Batman and Superman's real names? They have sons?", searched for their history, and found myself attracted to Damian and don't really care for Jon. Obviously, I'm not a Damijon shipper, despite the fact that the first time I know about Damian's existence is from Damijon comic strips. Probably that's why I'm kinda lenient for those kinds of fanart. I don't enjoy them but I admit that they have the ability to draw (unlike me) so I will enjoy what I like and ignore what I don't like. They're random people for me anyway, I'm not obliged to correct their preference or force them to understand my moral view.

I didn't say it was out of character or that his opinion on the matter didn't make sense (well...kinda. Especially when he's on his own little path of independence right now). I'm just saying that it came off as less of a genuine conversation between friends and more like the same "This is what's gonna happen. Accept it" moment that Lobdell wrote between Babs and Ric. Only way more inappropriate considering his main concern was less about being Superman and more about...you know...his Dad dying. He just kinda skirted all around that to say "Yeah sucks. But you're gonna be Superman. You have no say in the matter." (Even though he definitely does)

Like holy **** that conversation sucked, the more that I think about it. That might actually be worse than the interactions they had whenever Bendis wrote them....might. I hope that didn't actually make Jon feel better....because it shouldn't have.
    DCeased Damian is often said to be the best future Damian alternative, but I can't feel Damian in him at all. He looks like a random broody guy who acts as Jon's cheerleader for me. Definitely prefer Batman666 and Beyond Damian than DCeased Damian. Speaking about DCeased, I heard that Taylor plans to write more of that book in the future. Good for him and those who enjoy it. I won't read that, though.

Ships are a thing you need to get used to, trust me. Even If you're trying to avoid em, they'll show up.

As for the 4chan ships, I mean we just met Flatline. She looks cool and has that mysterious/dangerous vibe that Wayne men go for; but it's waay too early to ship them just yet. I could see her as a possible rival/frenemy that may grow into a ship eventually. God help him if he breaks her heart tho, she'll return the favor.

Rose is a no, he's way too young for her currently and they have more of a brother/sister vibe than anything. I've been waiting for more of their banter ever since their TT run together.

Djinn was just a confused damsel in distress and he was her knight in stretchy spandex. She was a crush and he cared about her, but nothing more. (Plus she kinda blamed everything on him and then everyone agreed with that, so god no.)

I actually shipped Damian and Emiko a bit during their initial interactions (that blush when she kissed him XD), then their TT happened and that wasn't expanded upon, in fact they both discussed and defended their respective crushes when talking about the traitor - which I found rather amusing.

I'm still sore about how things ended between them, they just had to punctuate that run with Damian hurting the one person who stood by him - and killed for him. Damnit DC.

I've never heard of Oliver Grayson, but I see that 'O' on his suit, and all I'm getting are Omni-man vibes.
    Meh, 4chan is mostly shitposters. I don't think anyone truly ships Damian and Flatline now, at least not in the same intensity as Damirae or DamiDjinn. Personally, I don't ship Damian with any girl. My feeling for Damian on relationship is like when I see Bruce with any woman. These idiots are too emotionally constipated to understand a woman's heart, let alone build a harem

Finally got to read the issue.
    STRONG start, both the narrative and the art sold me on this one.
    Let's go Damian.
    Tournament arc.

I too.. He was angry when she was attacked and even visited her in the hospital.

But after saw Glass opinion about it and see that this ship would not be available in that TT run I renounced to it.

I too.. He was angry when she was attacked and even visited her in the hospital.

But after saw Glass opinion about it and see that this ship would not be available in that TT run I renounced to it.
    I'd be fine if it was just the ship, but Emiko's personality was different the entire run compared to what I was used to. Plus her unexplained hatred for 'The Other' that had been her main reason for signing up with the Titans wasn't explored. I'm just salty at all the potential they squandered.

I'd be fine if it was just the ship, but Emiko's personality was different the entire run compared to what I was used to. Plus her unexplained hatred for 'The Other' that had been her main reason for signing up with the Titans wasn't explored. I'm just salty at all the potential they squandered.
    That seems to be a running theme the last few years with DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That seems to be a running theme the last few years with DC.
    Yep. Messy storylines that don't end up making much sense and squandered potential is a good summary of my reading experience with DC.