Page 211 of 259 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3875
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It’s a cover
    And even when he was ten different artist have drawn him taller shorter buffer
    Just an artistic choice. We shave seen Tim drake go from 5’5 to 6’2 in the same issue
    And that was a mess when that happens. *sighs* And given he's 14 now, he looks about the right height for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah he is really knocking it out of the park right now. I can't wait for his Batman run.
    Same.
    Can't wait to see more of Damian's Al ghul linage explored but like HssH said not sure I like the implication that Ra's was the one who discovered the Lazarus Pits

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Three thoughts here:

1. Regarding the Robin issue itself spoilers:
    Does that mean that Brother Blood is related to the Ra's and Damian. And if so does that mean that Respawn could be the new version of Brother Blood?
    end of spoilers

2. I...am willing to give this a chance because I don't want a Bart Allen situation where they outright kill Jon and Damian goes full on Teen Titan's Tim after Conner died. Honestly, Jon looks a lot younger on the cover here than he does for his own book, and my guess...Might be leading to a World's Finest type book which kind of was what SuperSon's was.

3. I'm not against Damian having a love interest, I just don't know if now is the best time as it feels like he's still trying to sort things out in regard to a lot of things. Like his Best Friend becoming 17 while he's still 14, the whole situation with Jace and his dad, and other BS that's going on in the Batbooks.

Regarding Tim, feels like they are making Bernard into a male Steph, and he's either going to be a kid to a baddie or a bad guy himself. Or something like that. But if they make him too much like Steph, people would just be like, then why not make Steph Trans and be done with it?
    Damian has nothing to sort through aside from Alfred's death.

His best friend has been 17 for over a year
    He's had issues with his dad for over a year and Jace isn't on his Radar so there's really nothing stopping him from getting involved in a Romance. Kid needs a break and some positive distractions. A girlfriend might just be the best thing for him.

Superman and Robin

This going to be fun.

I can't wait.

Anyone else think it's sus that Robin and Superman were outed and now we get this title?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Same.
    Can't wait to see more of Damian's Al ghul linage explored but like HssH said not sure I like the implication that Ra's was the one who discovered the Lazarus Pits
    If Ra´s was young when he discovered the Lazarus Pits it can still work that his old mother investigated about them too and was lucky.

D
    He's had issues with his dad for over a year and Jace isn't on his Radar so there's really nothing stopping him from getting involved in a Romance. Kid needs a break and some positive distractions. A girlfriend might just be the best thing for him.
    Now that you mention it.. Yes. He needs something positive in his life.. Since he made 13 he has been unlucky.. Even Ra´s felt pity for him in Robin 4.

Damian Wayne Robin 2021 Ra´s al Ghul.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-15-2021 at 01:55 AM.

Superman and Robin

This going to be fun.

I can't wait.

Anyone else think it's sus that Robin and Superman were outed and now we get this title?
    But the Robin who came out was a different Robin. Tim's the one who came out as bi, not Damian.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Superman and Robin

This going to be fun.

I can't wait.

Wait something's not right about that picture

FBsL6QiXoAE19R5c.jpg

There. Now that feels right.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    If Ra´s was young when he discovered the Lazarus Pits it can still work that his old mother investigated about them too and was lucky.
    If I remember right Birth of the Demon had Ra's father using the pits after Ra's found them? I don't remember anything about his mother there, but I guess it could be revealed that she was some nomad and returned to that place when Ra's had already left.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If I remember right Birth of the Demon had Ra's father using the pits after Ra's found them? I don't remember anything about his mother there, but I guess it could be revealed that she was some nomad and returned to that place when Ra's had already left.
    The mother was only there during the birth scene. The father was unknown. So the uncle? The one who become immortal are Ra's, his uncle, and a young man whose mother Ra's cured, so he became Ra's supporter.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    In MUCH more interesting Damian related news...

spoilers:
    Everyone who called Mother Blood being his grandmother was...almost right. Great grandmother. Close enough. Not gonna lie, even when people were speculating it, I was thinking "ain't no way in hell they're gonna make the Al Ghul bloodline even more fucked up" but they did lol

Looking forward to see how that plays out
    end of spoilers
    Wish Robin is bimonthly, the whole run till now feels like a long teaser
    Last edited by Harryrun; 10-15-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryrun View Post
    Wish Robin is bimonthly, the whole run till now feels like a long teaser
    YEAH... How sad that is monthy but..

We should understand it Williamson has a LOT OF WORK.. Make it bimonthy would be a problem for this comic quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    But the Robin who came out was a different Robin. Tim's the one who came out as bi, not Damian.
    That's what's sus. I feel like new readers were drawn in by the recent reveals might be conned into thinking this is a title featuring the LGBTq duo.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Now that you mention it.. Yes. He needs something positive in his life.. Since he made 13 he has been unlucky.. Even Ra´s felt pity for him in Robin 4.

Damian Wayne Robin 2021 Ra´s al Ghul.jpg
    Exactly. I know that some don't want Damian in a relationship but it's not like ALL his stories will be Romance if he gets a GF.

Entitled fans can be problematic for characters. It was sad reading Damian fans complaining about him being interested in a girl in Beast boy loves Raven.

Nevermind that the series is YA and that demo lean a great deal towards Romance.

Damian is a teenager and DC is desperate to crack the YA market. So he is going to be getting a love interest.

However I'm sure we'll get a variety of genres so those who don't like Romance still have material.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

3. I'm not against Damian having a love interest, I just don't know if now is the best time as it feels like he's still trying to sort things out in regard to a lot of things. Like his Best Friend becoming 17 while he's still 14, the whole situation with Jace and his dad, and other BS that's going on in the Batbooks.

Regarding Tim, feels like they are making Bernard into a male Steph, and he's either going to be a kid to a baddie or a bad guy himself. Or something like that. But if they make him too much like Steph, people would just be like, then why not make Steph Trans and be done with it?
    Why he should care about that Jace when he is trying to avoid the Batfamily in his comic? It was Rose who is in contact with Jason who received that Fake Oracle warning not him.

Probably later Barbara would say to everyone that Bruce is fine. His bad situation with the Batfamily?? Dick decided Trust in him and inform to Bruce that he is fine and they will stop trying to catch him.

He already saw the 17 years Superboy.. Who continues with his life
    as Superman. Why can´t damian the same?

About Superboy.. He is older but he has been YEARS suffering in one lunatic hands.. Don´t you think that Damian had more time to grow in a normal way as a character(to give him a ship) than one guy who turned older spending ​6 years tortured in a prison? Damian has been always too mature for his age.

Damian knows many of Dick Grayson girlfriends for example and even in these years probably saw Bruce with some women.. If a guy who turned older spending his years like that(as a prisoner) can have a Ship Damian too.

As Dietrich said Damian needs something positive in his life too. One ship could be that thing.

SO. The people continues saying this(Steph = Bernand).. I wonder if DC really wants this TIM ship.. Make him similar to her is a bad option. He will fall in Steph arms again someday.

Anyway. Is not like one Steph&Cass ship is possible. They are opposites and would be interesting as couple. Fortunately I will see them together in Batgirls.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-15-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I'm not against a girlfriend but given he's about to go on this long trip with his Dad it doesn't make sense to give him one right now. You can't have a lot of chemistry with them. I'm fine with a girlfriend. Personally I don't think it should be Flatline, but if he wants to date not gonna stop the writers, but it just seems like a weird time to do it when Williams is taking over the Batman book.
    I should note that Damian is not over the change, as he kind of mentioned it to Rose when it came to Jon.

I'm guessing World's finest references here with this, and hopefully a spin off for more adventure. And not really odd since there's a whole backstory for Tim and Jon being bi and both happened to be coincidence in regard to the timing.

SuperSons is popular still, World's Finest was popular, its more about sales than pairings. Honestly if people headcannon it, let them have it. Taylor said they're like Brothers in his eyes, not sure about Williams, Tomasai has always seen them as best friends.

I mean whats the worst case scenario? Some where down the line Damian turns out to be Pan or something under a writers pen and dates Jon? I don't see it happening but Tim and Jon got slipped under the higher-ups.

More likely if Lois and Clark have a daughter you'd likely see her paired with him than Jon with him.