Page 237 of 259 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 3875
    Astonishing Member

Well, Connor expectedly won, so at least some sensitive people won't have mental breakdown.
    It was a good and emotional fight. This book is really good so far.

Not sure why add spoilers whe others do not make it

Well that was some anime fight with special effects and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well that was some anime fight with special effects and all that.
    Yeah, but it actually gave me Haikyuu vibes with all those animals symbolism.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Yeah the spirit animal thing is another pretty common anime trope. I am loving all the potential references that I caught in this one issue, alone.

I should've known Connor would win when Damian's spirit animal was a robin instead of a demon!

Damian was never going to win this. But he didn't really need to. I don't think that's what the point of this whole arc is.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Well, Connor expectedly won, so at least some sensitive people won't have mental breakdown.
    It was a good and emotional fight. This book is really good so far.
    Whew. My mental health remains intact and all is right with the world.

Seriously though, sensational issue. Had the action I wanted, Connor didn’t get jobbed by Damian but it’s not over yet. Love the final reveal. Not very surprising if you’ve been following, and yes the whole arc does feel very anime but in the good way. Just great stuff. I hope this world of young fighters doesn’t disappear when this arc is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    The slut shame!

Talia doesn't Breast Feed. Not Damian, Jason or Bruce. Bruce doesn't even get to touch them or view them fully exposed outside of Son of the Demon cos he put a Ring on it making that Bruce worthy.

Bruce keeps the cowl on and Talia has a wardrobe change because both are so overly dramatic.

On a serious note though...

Some Dc writers need to understand that there is a line. having a female character do the rounds in one household is disgusting.

Talia, Selina and Babs have gotten physical with Bruce and one of his sons. that's just gross.
    Yeah they really need to stop the revolving relationships with the female characters. It’s lazy and just kind of gross. I think Babs has been paired with most of the men in the Bat-fam at this point. Enough already. The Talia and Jason thing too, why not have them just bond over their shared tragedies. Their relationship was richer and more complex before Winnick put them in bed together. Fortunately I think Lobdell got rid of most of that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, but it actually gave me Haikyuu vibes with all those animals symbolism.

Did you not prep you anime background music?

But this issue made me a little sad,

I think back to every issue of his titans run of his teammates calling Damian a monster a tyrant or that they hated him.
    To this day I still have no love for Roundhouse, OR Wallace kidflash, Jason blaming Damian at the wake didnt help either.
    I get he can be abrasive and loud but he is still a kid and the things thease older people are saying to him are gonna effect him. He is just good at suppressing emotions.

Yeah I'm honestly hoping a lot of the vilification of this kid ends here. Both Titans teams were a horrible time for him (though I think the first team COULD have worked under a better writer). King's Batman run was a horrible time for him (but...again, it could have worked. We just needed ONE person to tell him it wasn't his fault). Let's finally bury some of his unnecessary angst already. Just because he's Batman's son, it doesn't mean he has to be trapped in the same perpetual loop of depression that his old man is caught in.

Which is why I am SO incredibly happy Didio left before he could act out his grand plan for him. We didn't need to kill this character even more just so Jon can have his own "Magneto"

To this day I still have no love for Roundhouse, OR Wallace kidflash, Jason blaming Damian at the wake didnt help either.
    It would take A LOT to make me dislike Jason after Rebirth Outlaws. But Wallace and Roundhouse? **** 'em. I've hated Wallace since Percy's Titans run. Talks all that **** but got the nerve to be boring. Who the **** wants a boring Flash? He'll, unfortunately, continue to be around as long as there's Flash family stuff, but I'm hoping Roundhouse disappears once TTA ends. Just like 90% of every Titan who isn't a legacy character. He might as well, given the (thankfully) small role that he has in it.
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-23-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah I'm honestly hoping a lot of the vilification of this kid ends here. Both Titans teams were a horrible time for him (though I think the first team COULD have worked under a better writer). King's Batman run was a horrible time for him (but...again, it could have worked. We just needed ONE person to tell him it wasn't his fault). Let's finally burry some of his unnecessary angst already. Just because he's Batman's son, it doesn't mean he has to be trapped in the same perpetual loop of depression that his old man is caught in.

Which is why I am SO incredibly happy Didio left before he could act out his grand plan for him. We didn't need to kill this character even more just so Jon can have his own "Magneto"

It would take A LOT to make me dislike Jason after Rebirth Outlaws. But Wallace and Roundhouse? **** 'em. I've hated Wallace since Percy's Titans run. Talks all that **** but got the nerve to be boring. Who the **** wants a boring Flash? He'll, unfortunately, continue to be around as long as there's Flash family stuff, but I'm hoping Roundhouse disappears once TTA ends. Just like 90% of every Titan who isn't a legacy character. He might as well, given the (thankfully) small role that he has in it.
    I dont hate jason but I see why he was not invited to this

if there was ever a day Damian neded Dick this was it

spoilers:
    The saga of Damian and Flatline's "Will They Or Won't They?" continues, except it's the marketing and covers and solicitations that say they will and the actual content of the book that says they won't. The cover suggests Flatline is the one that wants to intervene on Damian and Connor's fight, except in the book it's Rose while Flatline actually hangs back and doesn't express any strong emotions. I like that it's Rose who wants to intervene. I love Damian's growing collection of older sisters who watch out for their little **** of a brother. Of course, Williamson could be doing a Jon Kent and Saturn Girl where they spend the front half of the book having no strong feelings towards one another and all of a sudden we're just flat-out told they love each other despite having not seen that indicated anywhere in the text.

I'm not sure what people have against animal imagery, but it's kind of hard to argue against the most literal imagery possible: a robin for Damian and a hawk for Connor.

This fight is very anime- and manga-inspired, but I know Williamson and Gleb are also wrestling fans so that whole opening sequence screamed to me to be like the opening sequence of a wrestling match where neither wrestler can gain the upper hand and they go hold for hold, counter for counter until the exchange finally ends in a stalemate and the crowd applauds.

I liked how drawn out the fight was. This was what I was expecting this entire arc to be, but this feels a lot better. It feels earned.

Gleb posted black and white WIP art of this fight and I think I liked it better when it wasn't colored. Now that we have context for that panel of Damian all beaten and bloody, I felt the way I do when I'm reading One Piece and a fight is hitting its emotional crescendo. This book is a goddamn manga. Most people are going to just look at the result of the fight, but you can look good even in defeat. Even Rock Lee lost to Gaara. And yes, I'm saying Damian vs. Connor is the same as Rock Lee vs. Gaara.

I'm not sure why Damian felt the need to take off his shirt, it was a bad ass moment nonetheless. It's also a very anime thing to do, too, but it also reminds me of when wrestlers would pull the down the straps of their costume if they needed to dig deep to pull off a move and put away their opponent.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I highly doubt Williamson/Gleb was trying sexualize Damian or cater to any shippers who want creepy pics of him. Pretty sure the intent wasn't fanservice. It's just an EXTREMELY common anime/action movie trope. And given my recent discovery about Gleb and how he's a Shaman King fan, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some Tao Ren inspiration there. That dude is like the king of "Oh hey look a fight! Better take off my shirt!"

Ren and Damian are around the same age, and have VERY similar personalities and backstories. So I wouldn't be shocked if there was some correlation XD
    I was rereading Shaman King last night and I never realized how similar Damian and Ren and here you are making the exact same comparisons!

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    spoilers:
    It's also a very anime thing to do, too
    end of spoilers
    Lol That right there is all the reason you need. Damian was just channeling his inner Tao Ren, Gray Fullbuster, and Alex Armstrong XD

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I was rereading Shaman King last night and I never realized how similar Damian and Ren and here you are making the exact same comparisons!
    Yeah Damian and Ren are practically the same person. Right down to how they've developed. I just finished re-reading the entire manga and the whole time I was just like "...This is anime Damian Wayne"