Page 141 of 259 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3875
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Yeah, that was actually one of the reasons I dropped the book. I'm not interested in every talk ending in a physical fight, especially if I have to suspect that Damian will just get his ass beaten so fans of the other Robins don't get pissed off. Or I get treated to Damian comitting mass murder because the island allows him to "cut loose" or some bullshit like that. Hard pass.

But Damian does seriously need some stories where he just builds relationships with the members of his family. They either never really existed (Cass, Barbara), never developed (Tim, Duke, Jason), got erased (Stephanie) or were ruined by DC's bullshit (Bruce, Dick, Alfred).
    I doubt that it will be serious physical fight. From wip leaks on Gleb twitter Dick gave Damian a gift and looks like they parted in a peaceful manner. It can be exaggerated solicits again, like solicit Jon vs Teen Titans and Damian vs Hush

Damian and Cass bonding happened on Gates of Gotham, but yeah maybe it's erased. I will put Jason and Damian relationship on 'were ruined by DC bullshit' because of that stupid Teen Titans stuff. They were never so close but still

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I doubt that it will be serious physical fight. From wip leaks on Gleb twitter Dick gave Damian a gift and looks like they parted in a peaceful manner.
    https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...120518/photo/1

Dick's Gift.jpg

Wonder what he's giving the kid.
    My personal guess is his own personal batons, like the Injustice comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post

Dick's Gift.jpg

Oh my God if Damian gets his own escrima sticks, that would just further cement my belief that he should have stayed Dick's partner instead of Bruce's. In fact...it's not too late. Bruce already has Tim, who seems dead set on being the forever Robin. Give Damian back to his Batman!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I doubt that it will be serious physical fight. From wip leaks on Gleb twitter Dick gave Damian a gift and looks like they parted in a peaceful manner. It can be exaggerated solicits again, like solicit Jon vs Teen Titans and Damian vs Hush

Damian and Cass bonding happened on Gates of Gotham, but yeah maybe it's erased. I will put Jason and Damian relationship on 'were ruined by DC bullshit' because of that stupid Teen Titans stuff. They were never so close but still
    Yeah, I imagine it ends with us learning Damian’s motivations for joining, the other Robins respecting/accepting it and running interference off panel so Damian can do what he needs to do uninterrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Yeah, I imagine it ends with us learning Damian’s motivations for joining, the other Robins respecting/accepting it and running interference off panel so Damian can do what he needs to do uninterrupted.
    I mean, Jason would have the least amount of issues in killing scumbags, but it would depend on what kind of scumbags they are.

Dick's Gift.jpg

Hopefully not. We don't want recycled ideas.

Didn't something similar happen with Tim in Nightwing. Where Dick's batons turn into Bo Staffs?

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I mean, Jason would have the least amount of issues in killing scumbags, but it would depend on what kind of scumbags they are.
    Not sure what that has to do with anything but a guy that has been using rubber bullets for years, made a pact with Bruce to not kill in Gotham and was the only bat to abide by the terrorists demands when Alfred was in trouble.

These guys aren't on the level of Joker, they are not threatening a person Jason cares about and they are not in Gotham so jason should be fine killing them

Actually when does Jason Kill? I know he has killed recently but that is occ compared to how he has been written in the last 8 or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Oh my God if Damian gets his own escrima sticks, that would just further cement my belief that he should have stayed Dick's partner instead of Bruce's. In fact...it's not too late. Bruce already has Tim, who seems dead set on being the forever Robin. Give Damian back to his Batman!
    No. Dick's title needs to focus on Dick. Enough with the Bat characters getting propped at his expense. It's bad enough with Babs and 'Best robin' Tim don't want Damian there as well. The book is called Nightwing. I want it to focus on Nightwing.

Bruce doesn't have Tim. Dick has Tim. He has been showing up in Nightwing not batman

Damian needs to be on his own building his own world back up. I want Colin, Maya, Suren, Kid Amazo, the Fist etc. His own characters.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No. Dick's title needs to focus on Dick. Enough with the Bat characters getting propped at his expense. It's bad enough with Babs and 'Best robin' Tim don't want Damian there as well. The book is called Nightwing. I want it to focus on Nightwing.

Bruce doesn't have Tim. Dick has Tim. He has been showing up in Nightwing not batman

Damian needs to be on his own building his own world back up. I want Colin, Maya, Suren, Kid Amazo, the Fist etc. His own characters.
    Agree. I haven't been too pleased with how the Nightwing title is going. I love Damian but he is a strong personality so I don't think he's what I want for Dick's book right now. The book is over crowed as is.

Williamson said that Damian's pals will be popping up so that's so good news

Now this is something I would enjoy. He deserves to have his own crew fleshed out. I would love to see Maya meet Mara XD

Every time he interacts with other 'Super' kids it almost always ends up painting him negatively. I'd love for him to reunite his old team and start doing some good.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    A universe where him, Jon (no stupid age-up, only natural), Yara, and others in their age group become adults normally, without something like a zombie apocalypse going on, I would be all for.
    Now that you mention it... DCeased did not made something similar?? I stopped reading it.

Dick's Gift.jpg

A present?? Maybe is a little too late... His BD was probably many days ago.

Anyway in part is Damian fault to hide from the others.

Williamson said the run would answer the question how good of a fighter Damian is compared to the other Robins, I don't know how he plans to answer that question without them having a physical fight.

I didn't put his relationship with Jason under ruined because there wasn't much of a relationship that could be ruined. That's a huge problem I have with DC. They are so obsessed with breaking things that they don't even recognize that in order for readers to care about a relationship breaking apart the reader needs to be attached to that relationship first.
    And don't hurt/kill off a character and then suddenly act like they were totally important to the other characters when they weren't.

DC doesn't like Batman and Robin together. The broke up that duo in the 90's and launched Robin as an independent hero.

The only chances you guys have of a Batman working with Robin is the upcoming Robin and Batman title. It's not going to happen in the Batman books
    Williamson said Damian would be focused on Bruce when he comes to Gotham in the next arc and that Damian would be part of the batfamily again eventually. I think that sounds a lot like a team-up or at least like a Bruce and Damian centric arc. You can't really return to the batfamily if you aren't on speaking terms with Bruce and they have a lot to sort out. Too much to do it all off-panel.
    So the Batman books might not give us a team-up, but I think the Robin book might.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Williamson said the run would answer the question how good of a fighter Damian is compared to the other Robins, I don't know how he plans to answer that question without them having a physical fight.

I didn't put his relationship with Jason under ruined because there wasn't much of a relationship that could be ruined. That's a huge problem I have with DC. They are so obsessed with breaking things that they don't even recognize that in order for readers to care about a relationship breaking apart the reader needs to be attached to that relationship first.
    And don't hurt/kill off a character and then suddenly act like they were totally important to the other characters when they weren't.
    I mean physical fight is definitely happened, it's comic book about batfamily after all hahaha but I don't think there's huge feeling in them and they will not fight wholeheartedly.

And I agree with you about DC's treatment toward relationship in batfamily.

Yeah I always hope that this solo book will give us Damian's own support characters and rogues