Page 108 of 259 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3875

The series started with Batman and the family looking for him. By issue 5 they find him. That doesn't feel too soon. The 1st issue set up this 'Robins drop by', showing the outcome in issue 5 makes sense. Pacing-wise.

Resolve that plot then move on with the series so readers are kept wondering what happened with that.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I remember Williamson saying in a podcast that he writes the solicitations for Robin himself, and he does that because someone else generally writes the solicits for a writer's book and they often spoil the book before it comes out and Williamson wants to avoid that with his books, so I think it's meant to be misleading that the other Robins are coming to Lazarus Island to take Damian back to Gotham. I'd say in issue 5 the issue flashbacks to the what the Batfamily has been doing since issue 1 and meanwhile in Damian's plot, he has to reminisce about how the Batfamily has both mistreated and supported him.
    Williamson said in an interview spoilers:
    [the one that mentions Cass that HellyeahTeenheroes blog was mad salty about. I recognised your username from ur replies]
    end of spoilers

that issue 5 resolves the most skilled Robin debate so they are fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think Damian and Rose works. I've always found their interactions entertaining. Going back to the pre flashpoint days. They bounce off each other well, love their banter.

Plus it allows Damian to pass another dodgy Robin [well Replacement Robins] rite of passage. 'Dating/wowing your bro's ex'

He's died
    He was replaced
    so on to the next one.
    Technically I only remember Jay doing this. But they are very similar guys XD

IMG_20210527_064354.jpg

IMG_20210527_064554.jpg
    Last edited by Shen; 05-26-2021 at 09:46 PM.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Williamson said in an interview spoilers:
    [the one that mentions Cass that HellyeahTeenheroes blog was mad salty about. I recognised your username from ur replies]
    end of spoilers

that issue 5 resolves the most skilled Robin debate so they are fighting.
    It metaphorically resolves the best Robin "debate." It'll probably be some catch-all answer like "We're all the best Robin!" or "We're all special in our own ways!" Williamson doesn't strike me as the type to willingly tread into these hot waters without a really good plan.

spoilers:
    I see my reputation precedes me. I am a preeminent advocate for all the characters I love.
    end of spoilers

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Bruce and Damian obviously need the most work but I do hope issue 5 plants the seeds to (re)build his relationships with the rest of the family down the line. That’s really all I want from the issue. Don’t really care about the “whose the best Robin/fighter/detective/whatever” stuff since none of it matters anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post

Technically I only remember Jay doing this. But they are very similar guys XD

IMG_20210527_064354.jpg

IMG_20210527_064554.jpg
    Hate to say it, but that's about the best I've seen Jason and Damian get along. Yeah, they had that little "partnership" that never went anywhere, except for the author of Teen Titans to bury Damian's character in numerous ways, but even that was strained at best. And most of the vitriol between them has been tipped off by Damian.

But all the more reason for this Robins series. I want to see the Robins hash things out with words, and not beat the crap out of one another (physically or emotionally) for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-august...solicitations/

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/full...solicitations/

Well boys, some new solicitations just came about 4 hours ago.

Here's what they say about Robin#5

Story by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by GLEB MELNIKOV
    Cover by JORGE CORONA
    ON SALE: 8/24/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    variant by Francis Manapul
    Price $4.99 US (Card Stock)

Attachment 109943

"Robin reunion! Nightwing, Red Hood, Tim Drake, and Spoiler guest-star as they track Damian down with a plan to bring the young hero back to Gotham. Back to his family. But the son of Batman plans to win the Lazarus Tournament and refuses to return. What starts as a happy reunion quickly turns into a Robin rumble!"

I really did not expect it to be that soon. Your guys' thoughts on this? I expected a reunion after he does his all Lazarus Tournament, they got four robins against one.
    I was not expecting it neither

It appeared in a TERRIBLE MOMENT this cover&issue..

Now a lot of HATERS have one excuse to give doubts to OTHERS to not vote ROBINS comic with the excuse that they reunite here.. Seriously?? You think that is better vote for Harley?

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-august...solicitations/

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/full...solicitations/

Well boys, some new solicitations just came about 4 hours ago.

Here's what they say about Robin#5

Story by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by GLEB MELNIKOV
    Cover by JORGE CORONA
    ON SALE: 8/24/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    variant by Francis Manapul
    Price $4.99 US (Card Stock)

Attachment 109943

"Robin reunion! Nightwing, Red Hood, Tim Drake, and Spoiler guest-star as they track Damian down with a plan to bring the young hero back to Gotham. Back to his family. But the son of Batman plans to win the Lazarus Tournament and refuses to return. What starts as a happy reunion quickly turns into a Robin rumble!"

I really did not expect it to be that soon. Your guys' thoughts on this? I expected a reunion after he does his all Lazarus Tournament, they got four robins against one.
    Why I have a feeling that issue will be like Jon vs Teen Titans? As someone who wants to let Damian alone after a long time, JW is so quick to bring Batfam to the table. Truthfully I have mixed feeling about this.
    And seriously, why is Jason that bulky? I remember his posture on Infinite Frontier Batfam and he's also strangely so...muscled

Glad to see there won't be as much angst between the two of them as some fans have been expecting from this series. I've found Connor to be a surprisingly good fit for Damian. Jon really resonated with Damian as a peer his own age, but Connor from I've heard is an internally-conflicted character, something he shares with Damian, so I'm sure Damian will be surprised and comforted by the fact they have so much in common emotionally (which is why it'll be all the more heart-breaking when they finally cross paths in the tournament) much like how him and Rose have good chemistry despite their short acquaintanceship.

This looks so good.

Oh my God! I needed the laugh that both of those gave me XD