Page 61 of 259 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The ones I know of tend to involve Dragon Ball characters, but I have no doubts that there are many more out there.
    Oh god, do you remember when the DB fandom went insane and started shipping Goku with Caulifla because they smiled at each other? Seriously, shippers will find a small moment, a single second of contact between characters - and lose control of their bodily fluids.
    Last edited by Shen; 04-09-2021 at 11:07 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Clearly that's just a set up for a future Marvel/DC crossover: Damian, Son of Wolverine. ''

Dick Grayson's Design for Damian's Suit. from Batman's Files

I find this so cute and heart warming.
    Dick can draw and he designed Damian's Robin uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Clearly that's just a set up for a future Marvel/DC crossover: Damian, Son of Wolverine. ''
    I would read the crap out of that book.

Wonder how short he'll be in this cross over

So I’m going to be safe on this based on a new Bleedingcool article and post this in spoilers, read at your own risk of course as fair warning.

spoilers:
    So how long do you think it’s going to be until we see Damian take on Bane’s daughter?

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/scoo...r-the-joker-2/

end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post

You're right

Truly interesting! Not that I say it's silly (I like this costume than the other one), but really refreshing to see how something like silly hero costume was made from teenager's point of view, instead of 30 something grown man.

From Robin's official artist, so it will definitely be included in Robin book.
    i hate how their friendship was ruined

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I know right? I know Dami thought of them as Allies first, but when he visited her in hospital after she was shot, I thought - hey, this could be the start of a good frienship for him.

Then Teen Titans happened, and we gradually saw their relationship degrade. To top it all off, they had to draw Dami hurting her as he lost control.

And don't get me started on their respective romances.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Oh god, do you remember when the DB fandom went insane and started shipping Goku with Caulifla because they smiled at each other? Seriously, shippers will find a small moment, a single second of contact between characters - and lose control of their bodily fluids.
    Yep. One of the few advantages of little Dragon Ball content for a couple of years.

But I've ran across some that have characters like Nappa shipped with Sailor Moon characters, and pure DB ones where Goku is shipped with freakin' Bra!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    But I've ran across some that have characters like Nappa shipped with Sailor Moon characters, and pure DB ones where Goku is shipped with freakin' Bra!
    I have... no words...

Except, WhAt Is WrOnG wItTh SoMe PeOpLe??

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So I’m going to be safe on this based on a new Bleedingcool article and post this in spoilers, read at your own risk of course as fair warning.

spoilers:
    So how long do you think it’s going to be until we see Damian take on Bane’s daughter?

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The current writers at DC seem to be very gimmicky so we might actually see it that happen.

I swear the number of notifications that pop up on my dash from DcNation and DC writers is insane. It's like they are constantly on social media.

so we might get to see Damian attempt to break the daughter's neck or back.

She's look's tall so Damian might need to get creative

Vengeance for Bruce and Alfred.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Another casualty of Glass.

I had high hopes for this friendship and the whole team lineup at first. I really liked that line up.
    What a waste.

DC's most diverse TT team to date and that group had to be one that they had to villainize and make into arseholes.

Good job DC. That line up had so much potential. Now DC's scrambling making big showy PR pushes trying to show how inclusive and diverse they are .

They had a team with Damian, Emiko, Wallce, Crush, Djinn and RH. Every single member was a member of a group that could do with positive representation since all those groups are under represented. What did we get;

A part middle Eastern who straps bombs to themselves and threatens to blow himself up

A violent, short tempered lesbian who acted like she had a chip on her shoulder and constantly physically assaulted a male team mate

An Asian nerd into tech who was out for vengeance

A black boy who is decent guy but went along with the team's activates

A Bi-sexual manipulator who attempted to seduce the Team leader, played a big role in the criminal activities that went on and then somehow managed to play the victim because she had the short tempered lesbian wrapped around her finger.

All negative with some very real and harmful stereotypes tossed in.

There was so much potential. So much that could have been done with such a group but they choose to use them to show how Damian was unsuitable for the Robin mantle.
    Made them the most unlikable, shitty and unheroic characters who in the end turned out to be cowards who were apparently scared of a 4 foot teen.

This turned into a rant.
    I guess I had some stuff i needed to get off my chest about that TT run.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    I'm sorry how old is everyone right now

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm sorry how old is everyone right now
    Not sure but Damian's gonna be 14 when Robin starts.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Another casualty of Glass.

I had high hopes for this friendship and the whole team lineup at first. I really liked that line up.
    What a waste.

DC's most diverse TT team to date and that group had to be one that they had to villainize and make into arseholes.

Good job DC. That line up had so much potential. Now DC's scrambling making big showy PR pushes trying to show how inclusive and diverse they are .

They had a team with Damian, Emiko, Wallce, Crush, Djinn and RH. Every single member was a member of a group that could do with positive representation since all those groups are under represented. What did we get;

A part middle Eastern who straps bombs to themselves and threatens to blow himself up

A violent, short tempered lesbian who acted like she had a chip on her shoulder and constantly physically assaulted a male team mate

An Asian nerd into tech who was out for vengeance

A black boy who is decent guy but went along with the team's activates

A Bi-sexual manipulator who attempted to seduce the Team leader, played a big role in the criminal activities that went on and then somehow managed to play the victim because she had the short tempered lesbian wrapped around her finger.

All negative with some very real and harmful stereotypes tossed in.

There was so much potential. So much that could have been done with such a group but they choose to use them to show how Damian was unsuitable for the Robin mantle.
    Made them the most unlikable, shitty and unheroic characters who in the end turned out to be cowards who were apparently scared of a 4 foot teen.

This turned into a rant.
    I guess I had some stuff i needed to get off my chest about that TT run.
    You should know by now that Dc doesn't care about representation. They care about money.

I never considered the fact that Damian's TT team didn't include one actual Caucasian member.

What an odd choice to draft up such a team when you have been tasked to create a team that fails fails at being heroes. Glass is himself of Jewish descent so you'd think he'd be more mindful

Buttttt ........ the 2 biggest baddies in the team had middle Eastern connections. An Al ghul and a Jinn.

Djinn defo tried to develop a romantic relationship with Damian while not doing a lot to discourage Crush from wooing her.

She never actually confirmed whether she felt an attraction to Crush. I know Crush kissed her and had feeling for her but not sure how she felt about Crush.
    I do recall her confessing her feeling for Damian and making moves on him. She kissed him, I remember that but did he ever feel the same?

Also Crush had a girlfriend all this time! What a tangled web.

Worse still is they left us hanging. Did Damian reject Djinn?
    Did Crush manage to woo Djinn?
    Did Damian break Djinn's heart?
    Did Crush get over her jealousy?
    Did Damian ever figure out how to use words when a girl confesses her love?
    Is Damian really some Machiavellian uber charismatic Don Juan who played them all?
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 04-10-2021 at 06:09 AM.

Djinn was never my favorite character, hell I even liked RH more than I liked her. She just felt like an empty character to me.

Also, the part where she couldn't free herself from her ring, and then found out she was able to, only if she tried? Yeeaah, I know they were trying to finish the run ASAP (Coz it was trash, easily my number 2 just Below King's Batman.), but that was just BS.

Damian acted soo OOC in front of her at times, I had to re-read the page. Remember when he jumped on an explosive for her? That's why I thought she was manipulating him all along. She even went kinda psycho when Emi confronted her.

Oh god, then there's Emi and her beacon of hope. I think her and Lace would be good friends - but not a couple. Their story was a bit too rushed to be believable.

I am kinda biased tho, coz I like the idea of Avery and Lace.