Page 116 of 259 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Attachment 110287

About Damian long hair talked before, I made some tests, not went so well as I wanted but I liked the last one enough ^^
    Heyy, that's pretty good
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Ah, but Talia skin tone also change, so based on her skin is also hard to say how would be Damian's skin

(Again, I know could be anything between them, but Bruce's skin color is the same, but Talia's changes so much...)
    Goddamn, she's finer than a tea-set from China.

I'd say he should be at least a tad darker than Bruce (Like Ghostmaker's skintone would be my preference for him)

Also, I just love that the younger version of Bruce being shown in the comics looks just like an older version of Damian would - barring the Blue Eyes and pale skin. Even the pissed-off scowl is present.

Definitely hereditary XD
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Agree, but I personally like when then use Middle Easteen elements as clothes and food, it's just nice, but Comics are kind lame with this things, you know? It's not when you listen things like "did you know they traveled 6 months for know more About this culture and had 2 professors for consultation about the script???" Nop, comics are like a big mix of some culture that try to not be a big stereotype and sometimes don't do this very well.
    Yeah, there's only so much you can do when it comes to accuracy and realism. More so when using plot elements that don't start with reality.

More about Dick, much the Damian expression detail is adorable (=u=)/

About Damian being a mini Bruce in appearance, the movie design of kid Damian and kid Bruce made me sick, This is lame and ... kind weird '=__= they need more people in character design? Imagine if all super heroes with kids have a past scene and they are exactly as them child... weird in a high production as an DC movie.

About Damian being a mini Bruce in appearance, the movie design of kid Damian and kid Bruce made me sick, This is lame and ... kind weird '=__= they need more people in character design? Imagine if all super heroes with kids have a past scene and they are exactly as them child... weird in a high production as an DC movie.
    Not all superheroes have kids who were genetically tinkered with to be just like them.

The whole point of Damian is that Talia when she failed to get Bruce made her own mini version.

Damian being identical to Bruce is one of the biggest elements to his character. Talia didn't do a Jolie.
    She didn't have Damian because she wanted a kid. She had Damian because she wanted a bruce wayne.

She went out of her way to make a her own mini Bruce in that whale belly

Damian looking like Bruce isn't lazy animation.
    it's comics accurate and a frequently recurring plot point. Did you forget?
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-09-2021 at 11:01 PM.

Fantastic Member

Anyone here read up on the latest Batman Urban legends issue.

Concerning the title Robin, it appears Tim Drake is holding the title until Damian returns to Gotham.

So after the whole tournament arc he goes back to being officially Robin, or maybe we'll just have two robins running around. Just guessing, what your guys' thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Anyone here read up on the latest Batman Urban legends issue.

Concerning the title Robin, it appears Tim Drake is holding the title until Damian returns to Gotham.

So after the whole tournament arc he goes back to being officially Robin, or maybe we'll just have two robins running around. Just guessing, what your guys' thoughts?
    I feel that whatever plans were made to take Robin from Damian didn't work so Dc's walked it back pretty quick.

Tim wasn't ever going to go back to Robin while Damian graduated. WB wasn't ever going to be okay with replacing a popular better known Robin with a less well known and not as popular one.

that's Dc's MO. They did that with Tim and Damian [though that was a temp move that ended up changing things forever]

They did it with Damian and Duke and they tried it again with Damian and Tim.

DC already told us that Damian was retaining the Robin mantle in the back ups.
    The fact that Damian is heading a Robin solo well into next year says that he's not changing hero names. I just hope that DC can find something better for Tim than Damian stand-in.

Unlike Batgirls multiple Robins don't work.

Tim says he's filling for Damian. Filling in for Damian doing what?
    He isn't Bruce's partner, He isn't filling in for Damian on TT or Supersons. Filling in for Damian only works IF we see him doing what damian should be doing [like with Jarro who was working with bruce]

I hope writers are thinking hard for a new name for Tim. fill-in Robin doing things off panel is a copout
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-10-2021 at 03:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I don't think Tim is going to stay Robin. There's already a Robin named Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Not all superheroes have kids who were genetically tinkered with to be just like them.

The whole point of Damian is that Talia when she failed to get Bruce made her own mini version.

Damian being identical to Bruce is one of the biggest elements to his character. Talia didn't do a Jolie.
    She didn't have Damian because she wanted a kid. She had Damian because she wanted a bruce wayne.

Hummm... This does make sense and I didn't have this idea so strong in my mind, but couldn't they change at least the hair style? Just for the character don't be exactly the same model sheet with another eyes color?

Hummm... This does make sense and I didn't have this idea so strong in my mind, but couldn't they change at least the hair style? Just for the character don't be exactly the same model sheet with another eyes color?
    They could have made Damian a darker green eyed version of Bruce or simply darker.

Bypass some of the Unfortunate pro-Eugenics elements of Damian.

I think it was done very internationally, because even Alfred notes that the resemblance between Damian and Kid Bruce is frightening. It kind of had to happen that way. After all, nothing says 'SON OF BATMAN' like an almost perfect 10-year old clone of Bruce.

There's even a few comics where they're in the same panel and the only physical difference in their faces is their age (and skin tone, eye color etc). It really sucks, but being the son of Bruce Wayne will always be one of Damian's defining traits - like it or not.
    Kind of like how Naruto was always compared to the 4th Hokage/his dad.

Long haired Damian with Alfred The Cat

Talia and Damian

https://romyjones.tumblr.com
    These are so beautiful.
    I like Long haired Damian.
    He's pretty like Talia

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    They could have made Damian a darker green eyed version of Bruce or simply darker.

Bypass some of the Unfortunate pro-Eugenics elements of Damian.
    Initially in SOB he was, Later on his skin tone changed. I did always like his eyes being Lazarus Green tho.

Fantastic Member

Yes, they did. Like you, their versions of Damian and Talia are strictly from the animated movies overseen by Geoff "I'm nOT RACIST" Johns. Comics Talia from before Johns, Didio, and Simone was a complicated character who did want children and would have been a great mother if it weren't for a pesky past that wouldn't let her go.

Remember, both Tallant and Ibn turned out well. Both of them either never met Bruce or didn't met him until adulthood yet were capable of being moral, and this is a big thing as none of the Bats particularly Bruce are, ethical beings.

If you read comics, including Breach (I apologize for suggesting that, but Talia, Luthor, and the Senator are interesting even if the rest is crap), the LexCorp years in Action Comics, Superman, Man of Steel, and Superboy, Gotham Nights, Our Worlds at War, and Hush (again I apologize as it's a very mediocre storyline that is nothing like the animated movie, but superior to the movie even with its weaknesses), you get a woman who is doing the best she can in a world that doesn't like brown women.

She even provides sandwiches to hungry teenagers without prompting. Cuddles babies. Gets sarcastic with Superman. Snubs Bruce...a lot as this was during the period where she was completely same and decided that he was toxic and while she will always love him she needed to avoid him and move on.

That last part is why she has been treated so poorly: a female character getting over a male character?! In DC?! A bat character no less?! One she was created to obsess over?!

NOOOOOO!!!!

Obviously she must become an obsessive, manipulative villainess...but only if she's not white.