Page 96 of 259 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post

Classic Damian XD
    Love it

Steph was a Blue Lantern and Babs was a Green Lantern, and Damian was a Red.

I remember a panel from the Robin: Son of Batman series, where it looked like Damian had a Power Ring in his Vault. Can't say for sure, and maybe it was just a Belt-buckle, but it's always had me wondering.

All the Batkids can be multiple Lanterns, well depending on what the ring needs from them. Isn't the reason why even though Bruce has Incredible Willpower, he could never be a Green Lantern because he can't let go of his parent's death?
    I think I'll revisit that series

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Classic Damian XD
    Very funny.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    This thread is missing some fan art so here's adult Damian

https://glitter-dc.tumblr.com
    Wow! A very handsome adult Damian.

GlitterDC is one of my fav Damian fan artist's

Joshua talks Robin

Time code for robin: 35 mins

Issue 5 is about all the Robins.

Robin 1 sold really well [can't wait to see the figures]

DC approached him and asked if he wanted Robin [even though he has been pitching books for Damian for 10 years now]

He put Damian on an island because he felt Damian had become swallowed up by too many groups [Supersons, TT and bat family drama] so he wanted to separate him and explore the character.

spoilers:
    Damian kills again.
    end of spoilers

Robin is going to eventually tie in to another unannounced series he's going to be writing.

This series is only short.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-16-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Joshua talks Robin

Time code for robin: 35 mins
    Thank you for the link!

Issue 5 is about all the Robins.
    Wow, can't wait! We will get Issue 5 solicits this week, right?

Robin 1 sold really well [can't wait to see the figures]

DC approached him and asked if he wanted Robin [even though he has been pitching books for Damian for 10 years now]
    Good for him, I'm happy for him. Looks like he really loves Damian.

He put Damian on an island because he felt Damian had become swallowed up by too many groups [Supersons, TT and bat family drama] so he wanted to separate him and explore the character.
    Finally! I thought I was the only one who thinks that. But JW really went "this boy has become fodder to uphold too many people, I take him and put him on an isolated island so leave him alone!" hahaha

spoilers:
    Damian kills again.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Eh, at least he's now on an island that kinda "legalizes" killing, and no one bitching about hero-no-kill-rule or something. I don't really care, but I hope JW will not use it as a cliffhanger like on Demon and Detective, because well, it's overused at this point.
    end of spoilers

Robin is going to eventually tie in to another unannounced series he's going to be writing.
    NEW CODENAME! NEW CODENAME! I am probably the only one who is on board with Damian will not reclaim his Robin status, but I really want Damian to have a new codename and costume. Besides, current Damian is not Robin in everything but name.

This series is only short.
    Aww, that's disappointing, but JW already promised more Damian on his next book, hope that the next book will have more issues instead of the usual less-than-thirty.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 05-16-2021 at 06:33 PM.

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    Damian killing again, basing on the circumstances he's in I'd excused it. The only way he could feel somewhat better in killing his opponents is that he does it as humanely as possible.
    end of spoilers

On the other note, Damian being too diluted with other groups. Over the recent years, like 2016 to now, yeah I kinda see the boy getting involve with too much of other groups than having his own story.

Still I'm more hyped of Damian's potential other costumes, the Robin series promised Damian with multiple costumes, and boy I wanna more costumes. Like his dad with the multiple bat suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    NEW CODENAME! NEW CODENAME! I am probably the only one who is on board with Damian will not reclaim his Robin status, but I really want Damian to have a new codename and costume. Besides, current Damian is not Robin in everything but name.

Aww, that's disappointing, but JW already promised more Damian on his next book, hope that the next book will have more issues instead of the usual less-than-thirty.
    I don't think Damian will get a new identity. Williamson said that while we'll see Damian in different outfits, the new Robin costume we saw in Robin #1 will be the his suit for the forseeable future. Plus it's an ongoing titled Robin, why give that to Damian if you don't want him to be Robin anymore?

No, he was saying the unannounced book was short, not Damian's book. Robin is an ongoing.
    I wonder if the book he's talking about is that Deathstroke Inc book that got teased some time ago. Rose and Respawn both are connected to Deathstroke (or at least Respawn looks like it).

spoilers:
    Damian kills again.
    end of spoilers
    Can you point me to where he said that because I listened to the part about Robin, but I don't remember him saying that. He only talked about Respawn doing that from what I know.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 05-16-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Can you point me to where he said that because I listened to the part about Robin, but I don't remember him saying that. He only talked about Respawn doing that from what I know.
    You are right. Just re watched it and it was Respawn. Phew.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Thank you for the link!

Wow, can't wait! We will get Issue 5 solicits this week, right?

Good for him, I'm happy for him. Looks like he really loves Damian.

Finally! I thought I was the only one who thinks that. But JW really went "this boy has become fodder to uphold too many people, I take him and put him on an isolated island so leave him alone!" hahaha

spoilers:
    Eh, at least he's now on an island that kinda "legalizes" killing, and no one bitching about hero-no-kill-rule or something. I don't really care, but I hope JW will not use it as a cliffhanger like on Demon and Detective, because well, it's overused at this point.
    end of spoilers

I found it very interesting but it seems i missed/misheard a couple of things so I hope you get the chance to listen to it.

I like that he decided to say yes when DC approached him with Robin. JW 10 years ago and Jw at the start of Rebirth isn't JW today.

At the time when he was approached he had become a high profile writer so for him to accept when he could have gone for a JLeaguer means something

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    spoilers:
    Damian killing again, basing on the circumstances he's in I'd excused it. The only way he could feel somewhat better in killing his opponents is that he does it as humanely as possible.
    end of spoilers

On the other note, Damian being too diluted with other groups. Over the recent years, like 2016 to now, yeah I kinda see the boy getting involve with too much of other groups than having his own story.

Still I'm more hyped of Damian's potential other costumes, the Robin series promised Damian with multiple costumes, and boy I wanna more costumes. Like his dad with the multiple bat suits.
    I'm also hyped about the costume changes.

spoilers:
    @Astralabius was correct. Respwan kills two people not Damian. I was mistaken
    end of spoilers

Like I suggested to @ lightofJustice if you can find the time listen to it yourself. I might have missed more and there's also the other important parts of the interview that are his personal thoughts, him speculating etc Things that aren't simply objective which i didn't list.

I was about to write an angry post and how upsetting it is that the supposed fan of the character still can't write anything new with Damian. But luckily it was all cleared up

As for tie-in book, Williamson has talked a lot about Green Arrow. So maybe a mini starring Hawke?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I was about to write an angry post and how upsetting it is that the supposed fan of the character still can't write anything new with Damian. But luckily it was all cleared up

As for tie-in book, Williamson has talked a lot about Green Arrow. So maybe a mini starring Hawke?
    OOf! My bad. I'm sorry.

You are right. Just re watched it and it was Respawn. Phew.
    Ah, okay. Thank you for clearing that up.

I was a bit confused when I read your spoiler because I remember Williamson talking about how one part of this arc is that Damian is on an island full of assassins and now he's in the position where he has to convince them that killing might not be the best solution or something along that line in a previous interview.