Page 106 of 259 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3875

This book is fun and the art is great.
    But the magic power of this Island that you can die two times and get back or whatever seems kinda cheap to me, looks like something out of Dragon Ball.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This book is fun and the art is great.
    But the magic power of this Island that you can die two times and get back or whatever seems kinda cheap to me, looks like something out of Dragon Ball.
    My guess is that they're just dumping the dead combatants in the big ass Lazarus pit that Damian found, and after the third time they stop.

Momentary pit madness would also go a long way in explaining Damian suddenly going kill crazy xD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    My guess is that they're just dumping the dead combatants in the big ass Lazarus pit that Damian found, and after the third time they stop.

Momentary pit madness would also go a long way in explaining Damian suddenly going kill crazy xD
    After reading issue 2; gonna have to go with a "no" on that one. They seem to pop back up after a little bit of dead time.

Though, Flatline being a heartbreaker, I don't think the term was ever meant to be literal for poor Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    After reading issue 2; gonna have to go with a "no" on that one. They seem to pop back up after a little bit of dead time.
    Yeah, that might be the only hole in my theory. But I figured something as keeping him from waking up in the pit or something. [Shrug] Or maybe it's just a magic immortality island that just also happens to have a Lazarus pit lol
    Last edited by Blue22; 05-25-2021 at 06:04 PM.

There are soo many theories that have spawned in my head after reading #2.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    There are soo many theories that have spawned in my head after reading #2.
    Care to share

Fantastic Member

Alright read Robin 2.

Not as bad as the leaks say, and loving it. Yeah Damian killing the Assassins knowing there was a revive mechanic just gave him the reason to kill, but I'll keep a watch on that.

A fun little issue.

Points I like where how Damian and Hawke are interacting, oh I can already see the rivalry. But ultimately, guessing is that Damian helps Hawke break free from his manipulation from the League, then became best buds.

Then the thing with Lazarus resurrection and Alfred. I'm guessing this is all a ploy to resurrect Alfred, ala Injustce. But in the end I think Flatline dies, and now Alfred's ghost tells Damian it's time to let go. Damian gets his closure for Alfred's death, and resurrects Flatline. And he and she became best buds.

Then there's Rose and Damian. Oh man this is some huge Damian and Stephanie vibes, acting like a douche and she fires back, love that dynamic in Steph's Batgirl run. Damian finally respecting Stephanie at the end of her Batgirl run was fantastic. Guessing by the end of the arc, Damian will respect Rose as he did with Stephanie. Also, Ravager teaching Damian how to have fun, well Steph did it first at a bounce house though Damian did threaten to stab her, but it's a group of assassins so stab away.

Then the panel where Rose read Damian's manga, just brought a smile. Pure meme material, already I can see the edits of Damian's manga being replaced with other comics or manga. Oh here's one I found, even more embarrassing for anyone to discover.

If Jon can read his thing So can I.jpg

Overall a fun issue to start the events, next issue is all about the Beach interactions. Damian once more into the frey of socializing with Rose's supervision. See it now, Damian does something or about to start something awkward, and Rose saves his butt. Huh, reminding so much of that time Stephanie found out Damian doesn't know how to act fun. Huh, guess Rose replaces Stephanie as Damian's older sister, that's a bummer.
    Last edited by Eckri; 05-25-2021 at 08:15 PM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Finally read the issue and I really enjoyed it!
    I said it before that I have no problem with Damian killing again as long as there's no one belittle him, but in this chapter it was justified for many reason:
    1. Rose said that the tournament will not start if everyone haven't died yet once. And Damian came to that island not to be a hero, but to unravel league of lazarus's mysteries. As someone who always so focused on his mission, it's ordinary for him to speed up the process. Especially if there's no long lasting side effect
    2. On his conversation with Flatline, he confirmed that he held back on his fight with Flatline because he doesn't know the tournament's rule (namely resurrection stuff). Damian maybe accepts no killing-rule to give criminals a chance of redemption on RSOB, but unlike Batman, he's never disgusted by the act of killing. His killing spree certainly didn't rob those criminal for a chance of redemption, because they got resirrection and they even can resigned after their second death
    3. After the humiliating defeat on first issue, he needs to show that he's not a kid who only can do big talk. And after the whole drama of "to kill or not to kill? You kill? You kill? How could you!" on many of his previous issue before it's refreshing to see him like "**** it, I kill, but they got resurrected after all"
    Really looking forward for the next issue!
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 05-25-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Then there's Rose and Damian. Oh man this is some huge Damian and Stephanie vibes, acting like a douche and she fires back, love that dynamic in Steph's Batgirl run. Damian finally respecting Stephanie at the end of her Batgirl run was fantastic. Guessing by the end of the arc, Damian will respect Rose as he did with Stephanie. Also, Ravager teaching Damian how to have fun, well Steph did it first at a bounce house though Damian did threaten to stab her, but it's a group of assassins so stab away.
    Totally, was thinking that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Care to share
    spoilers:
    Well, Connor's obviously being manipulated by the shadows. Then there's the Lazarus pit, and the experiments. They're trying to get it stable - and apparently soon it will be (I'm assuming it's something to do with the deaths of the participants - like their souls are fed to the pit) maybe they're trying to resurrect someone/thing. Then there's why this particular Lazarus pit is unstable. Then there's Respawn and Rose's connection, then Damian's own agenda on the island. And the prize for the island is Immortality - which can mean lots of things. Being so great a fighter that you're remembered like Caesar and Genghis Khan, or actual immortality like living forever, or maybe the winner will be the eternal vessel of whatever they might be trying to resurrect from this pit.
    end of spoilers

Idk, random spitballing but these were my thoughts XD
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

I find the argument about killing being ok because they'll just get resurrected a bit absurd. Heroes don't do bad things not because there might be some consequences to their actions, but because they are good people and doing bad things is wrong. Here Damian kills multiple people and smiles while doing it. He likes killing people, he just doesn't like the consequences. He is not a hero. And hey, some people like Damian killing people so more power to them, but thats where my journey with this title ends.

I was ok with Tomasi doing it in his first New 52 arc because it was a reboot and it wasn't entirely clear what was and wasn't still in continuity so it was understandable. I don't understand why 10 years later we still have to repeat same story beats.

And another minor complaint, I don't understand what is the point of doing a tournament where you declare that 4 of the 5 top threats are new characters.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I find the argument about killing being ok because they'll just get resurrected a bit absurd. Heroes don't do bad things not because there might be some consequences to their actions, but because they are good people and doing bad things is wrong. Here Damian kills multiple people and smiles while doing it. He likes killing people, he just doesn't like the consequences. He is not a hero. And hey, some people like Damian killing people so more power to them, but thats where my journey with this title ends.

I was ok with Tomasi doing it in his first New 52 arc because it was a reboot and it wasn't entirely clear what was and wasn't still in continuity so it was understandable. I don't understand why 10 years later we still have to repeat same story beats.

And another minor complaint, I don't understand what is the point of doing a tournament where you declare that 4 of the 5 top threats are new characters.
    Well, if by definition heroes don't do bad things, then all heroes in the comic universe pretty much failed on their job. Punching people is a bad thing. Hacking is a bad thing. Public destruction is a bad thing. Even non-permanent killing sounds better than those, and almost every hero in DC world does it. Besides, even though that book is supposed to stir Damian toward heroic path, pretty sure that Damian came to that island not as a hero (even though I really don't understand why he used Robin as handle name).

About new character, maybe to prevent some "comic fans" bitching about their character was jobbed for Damian? Like King Snake, he's like one of the first Tim Drake's villain as Robin but just because early Tim Drake had difficulty defeating him, people said that King Snake was weakened for Damian. And the recent Hawke vs Raptor. I feel like it's only yesterday when people said that Hawke is one of the best fighters in the DC world, but when he K.O -ed Raptor, fans yelled about Raptor is a villain whom Nightwing had difficulty with defeating, and that fight apparently demeaning Nightwing comic. There's no win for them except making bunch of new character whom no one will care.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 05-26-2021 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Well, if by definition heroes don't do bad things, then all heroes in the comic universe pretty much failed on their job. Punching people is a bad thing. Hacking is a bad thing. Public destruction is a bad thing. Even non-permanent killing sounds better than those, and almost every hero in DC world does it. Besides, even though that book is supposed to stir Damian toward heroic path, pretty sure that Damian came to that island not as a hero (even though I really don't understand why he used Robin as handle name).
    You're reaching here. Saying that punching or hacking is worse than throwing a knife into someone's forehead is a reach.
    Like i said, this book is fun, but i don't dig this magical thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    About new character, maybe to prevent some "comic fans" bitching about their character was jobbed for Damian? Like King Snake, he's like one of the first Tim Drake's villain as Robin but just because early Tim Drake had difficulty defeating him, people said that King Snake was weakened for Damian. And the recent Hawke vs Raptor. I feel like it's only yesterday when people said that Hawke is one of the best fighters in the DC world, but when he K.O -ed Raptor, fans yelled about Raptor is a villain whom Nightwing had difficulty with defeating, and that fight apparently demeaning Nightwing comic. There's no win for them except making bunch of new character whom no one will care.
    I didn't like Raptor being there, i still don't, but him getting beat by Connor is fine.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I saw ROBIN 2... I loved Damian and Rose interactions..

Obtain Inmortality.. It made me think in Batman 666.. I think that they are saying in part the truth and those who die for 3rd time soul will end trapped in that Lazarus Pit to give to only one person(maybe not the winner) the inmortality.

People is already shipping Damian... I already failed 2 times.

https://screenrant.com/robin-flatlin...dc-comics/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw ROBIN 2... I loved Damian and Rose interactions..

Obtain Inmortality.. It made me think in Batman 666.. I think that they are saying in part the truth and those who die for 3rd time soul will end trapped in that Lazarus Pit to give to only one person(maybe not the winner) the inmortality.

People is already shipping Damian... I already failed 2 times.

https://screenrant.com/robin-flatlin...dc-comics/amp/
    For the love of... They just SPOKE to each other! Ffs man, I know I should just ignore this and carry on but seriously?!

Sometimes I just wanna hire Talia. Originally the Al-Ghuls were Eco-terrorists, but I'm sure they'd agree with me that a lot of genetic trees need some cutting.

Okay, that was a bit much...

Then again, it's not as excessive as that article's exaggeration of a few pages with characters simply interacting.

Bet they'll ship him with Rose next.