Page 32 of 259 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

I've noticed that Damian has footwear of all the Robins. I've liked his choice of footwear the most. Not pixie boots no Ninja split toe, just wearable and cool.

Like these new Red and Black Kicks he's got on here.

The Kid likes his trendy footwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    If DC hadn't announced the Robin ongoing for Damian and he had been thrown into limbo I probably would have stopped reading DC for good.
    The last two years of Teen Titans were just painful to get through if you're like me and saw what was coming for Damian since the secret prison arc.
    Tomasi's last arc on Detective Comics fixed some things, but sugercoated all the missteps Bruce had as Damian's father and overall the arc was not that satisfying to read.
    Most characters I liked that were not my favourite character had been treated badly by DC for years also and either still had bad directions or I kind of stopped caring about them (Dick and Jon)

Then we had two months of Future State, an event I wasn't interested in when it was announced and I'm still not interested in now that it's almost over.

I also don't feel any of the 100 Batman solo titles they have announced for Infinite Frontier, since I'm not interested in Bruce just on his own, so Taylor and Nightwing and Williamson on Robin is really the only saving grace DC has in my eyes after 2-3 years of doing everything in their power to make me stop caring about their comics.
    I actually stopped reading for some time following the treatment of Damian and Dick Grayson. Even stopped buying DCeased Dead Planet after the fiasco that was Nightwing's return in Joker War.

Dipped back in for the kids with Challenge of the Supersons recently but the decider will be how seriously DC's investment in Nightwing and Damian Wayne as Robin comes across going forward.

That will decide whether I carry on with my other DC titles.
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-18-2021 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Talia becoming a stronger meme Of the bat family is intresting, surprised catwoman is not here
    Are you talking about the Gotham Resistance in Future State that Talia is part of?

I hope this means DC will stop shitting on her just because Morrison couldn't do his research.
    I'm tired of Talia getting written terribly just to prop up other characters and relationships.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 02-18-2021 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I actually stopped reading for some time following the treatment of Damian and Dick Grayson. Even stopped buying DCeased Dead Planet after the fiasco that was Nightwing's return in Joker War.

Dipped back in for the kids with Challenge of the Supersons recently but the decider will be how seriously DC's investment in Nightwing and Damian Wayne as Robin comes across going forward.

That will decide whether I carry on with my other DC titles.
    Yeah, they fucked up so badly with some characters, I'm just very reluctant to get excited for new comics.
    I like Taylor's writing most of the time and his name alone should get the Nightwing book more attention again. So that's good.
    I haven't read that much from Williamson before, but his interviews and the art Gleb Melnikov posted make me feel at ease. I don't feel like DC will continue to push him down the path of villainy and Williamson seems to want to repair some of the damage done to Talia as well, so I'm looking forward to that.

With most of the other stuff DC will put out...I will probably wait for reviews and reactions online before I buy it.

Alright so you’ll be glad to know that Damian is not peacekeeper 01. How do I know this? A new preview for Dark Detective #4 came out and Peacekeeper 01 takes off his mask to reveal....a scared up white dude with red hair that I do not know.

Here’s a link if you care, just be satisfied they didn’t make Damian the villain.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/02/19/dc...k-detective-4/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I've noticed that Damian has footwear of all the Robins. I've liked his choice of footwear the most. Not pixie boots no Ninja split toe, just wearable and cool.

I found out that Gleb drew Spider-Man. That explains the vibe I'm getting from his Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so you’ll be glad to know that Damian is not peacekeeper 01. How do I know this? A new preview for Dark Detective #4 came out and Peacekeeper 01 takes off his mask to reveal....a scared up white dude with red hair that I do not know.

Here’s a link if you care, just be satisfied they didn’t make Damian the villain.

Lol. Classic Luthor.

Peacekeeper 01 is shown in Nightwing too, and yeah it's not Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I found out that Gleb drew Spider-Man. That explains the vibe I'm getting from his Damian.

Lol. Classic Luthor.

Peacekeeper 01 is shown in Nightwing too, and yeah it's not Damian.

Oh I didn’t remember seeing his face in Nightwing, must have accidentally skimmed that detail. Either way I remember speculation that it might have been Damian since he was missing, so wanted to put fears to rest.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Not gunna lie, Peacekeeper looks like Jim Gordon when was Robo-Batman.

I can't get over how much I fucking LOVE this costume. Only thing I'd do is replace the high collar with a hood. He feels weird without a hood (unless that weird fold in the cape is supposed to be a hood. I can't tell)
    Last edited by Blue22; 02-22-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I can't get over how much I fucking LOVE this costume. Only thing I'd do is replace the high collar with a hood. He feels weird without a hood (unless that weird fold in the cape is supposed to be a hood. I can't tell)
    I imagine it is. Can't have Damian without his good ole hood

Edit

Meant to say that I've noticed that Damian has the best footwear of the Robins.

Glad he isn't Peacekeeper 1. Though I wasn't expecting him to be.
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-23-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Future State is finally over, we survived once again! Just one more week to see Damian!

And just like his previous Robin costume, it actually looks WAY better without the cape. Seriously. At this point point just ditch the cape and keep the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Future State is finally over, we survived once again! Just one more week to see Damian!
    Glad FS is over, ever since they announced the backup stories with Damian and hinted towards something bigger coming after them I couldn't wait for March to arrive.