Page 51 of 259 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    The problem is, Dick didn't ignore Tim at all. Yes, he didn't believe Tim's theory before he showed him undeniable proof. Who doesn't? Dick has so many matters to handle so something vague like that naturally will be his last priority. Yes, he gave Robin title to Damian, but he already gave Tim his reason. Tim is Bruce's Robin, and Dick saw him as equal. Robin is and should be a sidekick under Batman's tutelage. You can't tutor your equal.

But he still included Tim in every family event. He still helped Tim on Red Robin immediately after Tim asked him. Dick just trusts Tim more than Damian so he paid more attention to Damian, and that's the right choice. I mean, give him a break, he was just 23(?) himself. Bruce's responsibilities on JL? Dick handled it. Wayne corporation? Damian helped him but Dick was still the one that got called, like on Hush's problem. All Bruce's contact and allies? Dick handled it. Bruce's asset, even problems like literal airhead past "girlfriend"? Dick handled it.

This is why I don't like Dick as a surrogate father narrative. When fandom already resigned by the fact that Bruce is a bad parent, they always expect Dick to fix everything. Tim was lonely and depressed? **** his responsibilities, Dick should be on his side all the time and support him on everything! Jason went crazy and killed everyone? He can't send him to Arkham's therapists, Dick should be the one who heals him with the power of love and family! Damian's recent extreme method? Dick should take Damian as his sidekick and understand his actions!

Enough, Dick is not a free babysitter. Every time Robins have their own problems, Dick is not obliged to coddle them just because Bruce is failed as a parent.
    I'm not saying Dick should be the "makes everything better" person, just that Arkham has an awful track record when it comes to, well, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    @Rebeca Armus, my advise: go read the comics. All of us have our bias towards the characters. Some have some very strong opinions, even. And no one can read a page the very same way than another one can: we all get different things from the same panels and ballons. The best thing to do is read these books and come to your own conclusions and opinions. They're not hard to find, they have been collected and I think they may even have digital editions by now (not sure, pure guessing). Maybe Red Robin is harder to find, but Morrison's Batman time is easy to find in libraries of half this side of the world (the american and european side, I mean), in case you cannot purchase or ask someone to lend then to you.

(Also, Damian's thread may not be the best place to ask about Tim specifically, to be honest)
    I write comic strips about Damian and Batfamily, so I really will not look for Tim's comics, =_=, it's just something that help me with my anxiety and I need Tim showing up sometimes, but I will not comment about comics I didn't read anymore >< I made so many mistakes '^^)/ sorry sorry sorry
    (Unless the thing about Bruce lost in the past, I read RR but can't remember it very well, memories.... =__=)/)

Ah, I also though I was going to see Tim drinking coffee all the time, but it's just a Fandom thing... I remember I also thought Jon and Conner had a brother ship relationship because the fanarts, and someone here told me they never saw it other before! Disappoint U_u)/

The problem is, Dick didn't ignore Tim at all. Yes, he didn't believe Tim's theory before he showed him undeniable proof. Who doesn't? Dick has so many matters to handle so something vague like that naturally will be his last priority. Yes, he gave Robin title to Damian, but he already gave Tim his reason. Tim is Bruce's Robin, and Dick saw him as equal. Robin is and should be a sidekick under Batman's tutelage. You can't tutor your equal.

But he still included Tim in every family event. He still helped Tim on Red Robin immediately after Tim asked him. Dick just trusts Tim more than Damian so he paid more attention to Damian, and that's the right choice. I mean, give him a break, he was just 23(?) himself. Bruce's responsibilities on JL? Dick handled it. Wayne corporation? Damian helped him but Dick was still the one that got called, like on Hush's problem. All Bruce's contact and allies? Dick handled it. Bruce's asset, even problems like literal airhead past "girlfriend"? Dick handled it.

This is why I don't like Dick as a surrogate father narrative. When fandom already resigned by the fact that Bruce is a bad parent, they always expect Dick to fix everything. Tim was lonely and depressed? **** his responsibilities, Dick should be on his side all the time and support him on everything! Jason went crazy and killed everyone? He can't send him to Arkham's therapists, Dick should be the one who heals him with the power of love and family! Damian's recent extreme method? Dick should take Damian as his sidekick and understand his actions!

Enough, Dick is not a free babysitter. Every time Robins have their own problems, Dick is not obliged to coddle them just because Bruce is failed as a parent.
    Poor Dick >< I agree.
    I think it's because Dick is the only character that will try make things better, I actually don't expect anyone of Batfamily taking care of each other feelings unless Dick, (maybe also Barbara), so when Dick doesn't, it's kind a lost cause.
    I like the idea of Dick being this amazing brother and a father figure for Damian, but I get he can't live for other persons.
    I also ending remembering Little Princess with "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed" and Dick is this guy, again, take care of his own problems is the normal thing to do, but still hurts.
    I am so emotional this days (/u\) omg
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 04-02-2021 at 12:31 AM.

Me too! And I don't even like corn XD

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Now I want some corn.
    Me too! And I don't even like corn XD

They really did publish the wrong issue of Challenge of the Super Sons this week. The app told me to re-download the issue and now I have the new and correct story.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'm not saying Dick should be the "makes everything better" person, just that Arkham has an awful track record when it comes to, well, everything.
    Yet Batman and GCPD still puts mentally ill murderers in Gotham on Arkham Asylum even until now. Like isn't that one of silly but default rules on Gotham? Mentally ill murderers? Straight to Arkham. Domino mask? Truly perfect disguise. I think people have to protest about it first before critizing Dick for placing Jason on Arkham. He as Batman just followed his mentor's path and main premise on Batman story.

Yet Batman and GCPD still puts mentally ill murderers in Gotham on Arkham Asylum even until now. Like isn't that one of silly but default rules on Gotham? Mentally ill murderers? Straight to Arkham. Domino mask? Truly perfect disguise. I think people have to protest about it first before critizing Dick for placing Jason on Arkham. He as Batman just followed his mentor's path and main premise on Batman story.
    I think everybody protests about this, I got the law of crazy people can't be the judge as mentally healthy people, it's just Arkaham is terrible as a prison or recuperation place. GCPD and Batman keeping thinking this is a good idea is completely no sense, Dick doing the same thing is not smart too.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I think everybody protests about this, I got the law of crazy people can't be the judge as mentally healthy people, it's just Arkaham is terrible as a prison or recuperation place. GCPD and Batman keeping thinking this is a good idea is completely no sense, Dick doing the same thing is not smart too.
    Yet they don't change it. Bane still got thrown to Arkham. Freaking Joker always gets thrown to Arkham even after Dick gave Batman's cowl back to Bruce. Arkham is such an iconic place on Batman mythos so I don't see it will get replaced by another asylum for example. I don't see the way to make Dick choose better place than Arkham Asylum (possibly newly created by writer, a.k.a it will lost against Arkham Asylum on iconic aspect) without painting Bruce as a total stupid hero, especially when he still uses Arkham asylum until now.

Probably just my opinion, but both Bane and Joker do know what they're doing, and know they're doing if just for violence's sake alone. The Joker is nowadays a straight psychopath who does whatever he feels, he's not crazy: he lacks empathy and just doesn't care at all for others or morals or whatever. Bane, well: sometimes he is in a bad place, sometimes he's just a violent man. The thing is, if they don't need treatment of any kind, you don't put them in an asylum: you send them to prison. But iconic whatever writing, send them to Arkham or whatever. Sure that's a prison alright.

People don't protest it in universe. The point still stands that to give Dick flak for something he has no power over is just unfair and silly.

If there was an alternative to AA then Dick would have tossed Jason in there but there isn't so in Arkham he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Probably just my opinion, but both Bane and Joker do know what they're doing, and know they're doing if just for violence's sake alone. The Joker is nowadays a straight psychopath who does whatever he feels, he's not crazy: he lacks empathy and just doesn't care at all for others or morals or whatever. Bane, well: sometimes he is in a bad place, sometimes he's just a violent man. The thing is, if they don't need treatment of any kind, you don't put them in an asylum: you send them to prison. But iconic whatever writing, send them to Arkham or whatever. Sure that's a prison alright.
    Joker isn't always written as sane. Some versions are sane but not all

I remember that part, so Tim was right just for lucky?
    Tim was right that bruce wasn't dead but he didn't have any proof. Basically the RR book was planned but the writers had to wait on Morrison to know how and what was happening with Bruce so Tim just kept saying that he had a feeling Bruce was alive but without any evidence to back it up

Yet they don't change it. Bane still got thrown to Arkham. Freaking Joker always gets thrown to Arkham even after Dick gave Batman's cowl back to Bruce. Arkham is such an iconic place on Batman mythos so I don't see it will get replaced by another asylum for example. I don't see the way to make Dick choose better place than Arkham Asylum (possibly newly created by writer, a.k.a it will lost against Arkham Asylum on iconic aspect) without painting Bruce as a total stupid hero, especially when he still uses Arkham asylum until now.
    I don't know in the history a better place than Arkham, but I can't think how a place could be worst than it too XD
    Yeah, Bruce would looks stupid... I have this idea on my mind of Arkham being reconstructed or a new asylum, so the plans can go wrong and they say "maybe Arkham is not perfect, but still is the better place we could construct in all Gotham history" or "Arkham is very good, but the Villains are too bad even for this good system deal with" so we would believe that Arkham is a good idea and they already tried something different before, nice idea, right? Would be very epic...

"Arkham: 10 bad guys get in, 11 bad guy get ou"

Well, I don't really know the detail myself so I just copy-paste Tim fans' answer about Tim's role in finding Bruce.

this panel (red robin issue 12 present-day) shows that Alfred and Dick already knew. (meaning they had already found evidence of Bruce's survival while Tim was in Europe.)

the second picture is from the return of Bruce Wayne (by Grant Morrison) where Morrison directly references the bat symbol Tim found in Europe.

all Issue 12 adds is Tim finding the picture of Mordecai Wayne right after he was fired from being robin. this is how Tim knew Bruce was stranded in time.

I think Tim indeed is the one who found the evidence that Bruce is still alive first, but it's not fair to belittle Dick for it, even creating false info that Dick wanted to throw Tim into Arkham. Dick is the eldest, and as the eldest, he has responsibilities to handle everything that Bruce left behind (including 10 years old murderous son) to move forward. He has no time to investigate thing that based on vague proof.
    Did you not read Batman and Robin with the evil Bruce clone who taunted Damian?
    Why would you look to a Tim fan for Dick's story?
    Dick found out that Bruce wasn't dead and solved the 1st clues in london with squire.