Page 21 of 259 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    In Supernatural, it's probably because they didn't develop relationships outside the one between Dean and Sam enough. Shippers pair up whichever characters have the strongest relationship, they do it with straight ships too (Reylo, Katara and Zuko). It's like two characters can't have a strong relationship without it being romantic.
    Has nothing to do with strong relationships. Can't count how many times I've seen people pair Goku up with Vados or Caulifla. The latter, they had a few episodes, tops. Some of which were when she was fused. With Vados, they've barely interacted. Then, to circle this thing back to Damian, you have shippers of Damian and Marinette of Miraculous Ladybug, when they've never had a crossover.

Fantastic Member

So Challenge of the Supersons issue#6 released.
    spoilers:
    With Felix Faust and Vandal Savage learning of their defeats in the future thanks to Superboy and Robin, they plan a centuries long traps to kill the members of the Justice League. Hence why the Doom Scroll. Luckily, with Aurora's aid they were plunged back into the present to stop them. This issue is just the boys saving HawkGirl, the first few panels is just Damian explaining the story then concluding why he knocked HawkGirl with her mace. And then there's Jon holding in his breath some deadly toxic clouds. Ends with Vandal Savage taking Rora hostage.
    Overall, nothing much happened just see what awaits
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Has nothing to do with strong relationships. Can't count how many times I've seen people pair Goku up with Vados or Caulifla. The latter, they had a few episodes, tops. Some of which were when she was fused. With Vados, they've barely interacted. Then, to circle this thing back to Damian, you have shippers of Damian and Marinette of Miraculous Ladybug, when they've never had a crossover.
    Call me crazy but I do truly believe that a lot of MxM shipping is due to the fact that male characters are often far more fleshed out than female ones, and their platonic relationships are often more intense and explored in more depth than the relationships between women or heterosexual love interests. They are more realized characters, and women learn to project themselves onto dudes as a result. Obviously, it's a bit better than it used to be these days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    Call me crazy but I do truly believe that a lot of MxM shipping is due to the fact that male characters are often far more fleshed out than female ones, and their platonic relationships are often more intense and explored in more depth than the relationships between women or heterosexual love interests. They are more realized characters, and women learn to project themselves onto dudes as a result. Obviously, it's a bit better than it used to be these days.
    It could just be that they like relationship between male characters.

In a good amount of shonen-ai/yaoi stories, one of the male characters could have exactly the same role a traditional female character has.

BL romance doesn't need a strong relationship either. A good amount of BL shippers could ship pretty shallow relationships.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-18-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It could just be that they like relationship between male characters.

In a good amount of shonen-ai/yaoi stories, one of the male characters could have exactly the same role a traditional female character has.
    Oh, absolutely that is the case, I just want to acknowledge that there's another component to the abundance of slash shipping.

Well Jace may be Batman in a future earth, remember Damian’s Batman on his own anti-life world today in the finale to Dead Planet.

slight spoilers

spoilers:
    Damian gets to Batman it up as he helps Jon break into the Australia base, even gets to destroy an Amazo, does a little light detective work and he gets to help Cyborg take down the Amazo army killing humanity. He was a much better Batman to Cyborg then his father ever was I’ll tell you that.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

so Damian quit being Robin for like what a month at best?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so Damian quit being Robin for like what a month at best?
    He quitted in August, c'mon, it has been a while.

The last DCeased: Dead Planet came out,

spoilers:
    It has a pretty nice ending, they are able to save everyone, but there's a unsolved too. Superman absorbing the sun and anti-life Darkseid are still out there, so I'm pretty sure we will have a thrid part, but it will take a while. Maybe next year?

Either way, I loved seeing Jon and Damian as Superman and Batman in this universe, I will definitely miss them.
    end of spoilers

And still nothing about Damian in Future State.

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    He quitted in August, c'mon, it has been a while.
    I meant like in story time how long was it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Irrelevant time doesn’t go by people don’t age it’s a comic

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Irrelevant time doesn’t go by people don’t age it’s a comic

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    Agree, there is many male friends that are "I would die for you" "I will follow you whatever you go" and has something that too deep for not ship, and there is a relationship well construct in years of story. Heterosexual couples ending being more about people that are physical attract for each other, I think.
    I don't like NarutoxSasuke or NarutoxSakura, but they are two of the many examples of this.
    Also MxM hardly become canon couples because society still is too much homophobic, I talked about it before, but Deadpool is pansexual and never kissed a guy or trans in comics, he normally just do jokes with his pansexuality.

Of course there is just smut BL, it's normal.

My favorite gay canon couple is Harly! What a well done cute sexy couple!!!

Kind impossible to calculate... I would say more than 4 months and less than 9 months

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Kind impossible to calculate... I would say more than 4 months and less than 9 months
    4-9 months go by every ear in story but this years never add up