Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
Damian a kid with an eclectic interest in entertainment, hobbies, knowledge of cultures, back ground, education and love of the arts and yet fans don't go for the most obvious likelihood that he discovered manga on his own rather they choose to put forward being introduced to it by jon or maps [that's even more far fetched since they have had what 3 interactions and in none of those did we ever get any indication that maps is even into manga WTF is going on with these ridiculous HC's]

Art, violin, video games, literature, music, drama, dressing up, playing pretend, mimicking movies, chess and so much more are all some of his hobbies we've seen.

Damian's interest in manga is no doubt an addition from Williamson and Gleb being fans, the nature of the theme of the Robin series and manga's being very much a part of today's pop culture/trend.

Poor maya and colin. At least throw them in as possible friends who might have influenced Damian before Maps. A character that has even less of a relationship with Damian than Suren
I really liked the Manga idea. Even more when I read what was in the pages. It's about painting, one of Damian's hobbies from back when he was in the LoA.

There's also the conversation in the manga that resonates with him, about how the character's parents tell him to always have a plan to be the best, but his friend tells him to forget about all that and find his own way.

"Try to paint from the heart." To me, that page means a lot more than Damian's love for Manga. It's a reflection of his journey, and the path that's open for him to take. No Bats, no Demons, just Damian. I like that.

Of course, Damian's like "Nah, you've gotta have a plan." but that's just classic Dami XD.