Page 215 of 259 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3875
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Just because DC refuses to acknowledge that things should have changed between Damian and Jon since Jon was aged up doesn't mean you don't have to either. You do not have to accept mediocrity.
    I can’t call it mediocre becuase I have not seen it yet. Part of damian backstory is being robbed of a chance to grow up like a normal child. Jon was one of the few people he let his guard down for. Now Jon the one who has been robbed of his formative years and until jay was doing well in making any connections as himself. It’ll be nice to see them reunite and relax around one another. Yes thier are gonna be differences sure but let’s not pretend 17 is the pinnacle of male maturity. Let’s give them a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I can’t call it mediocre becuase I have not seen it yet. Part of damian backstory is being robbed of a chance to grow up like a normal child. Jon was one of the few people he let his guard down for. Now Jon the one who has been robbed of his formative years and until jay was doing well in making any connections as himself. It’ll be nice to see them reunite and relax around one another. Yes thier are gonna be differences sure but let’s not pretend 17 is the pinnacle of male maturity. Let’s give them a chance
    DC did have their chance and their stance is that literally nothing has changed between them, despite one of them being a literal young adult as a result of being tortured for seven years.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    DC did have their chance and their stance is that literally nothing has changed between them, despite one of them being a literal young adult as a result of being tortured for seven years.
    ^This^

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but they've fumbled so badly with everything relating to Jon since 2018 that I just can't bring myself to even try to like who he is anymore. Let alone not be annoyed whenever I see him.

It's petty of me, I know, but I'm definitely sitting out on this upcoming book he's about to have with Damian. I'll see how it is from y'all, but I already said that if Taylor couldn't even win me over on this new guy then nobody can. So the only Super sons content I'm looking forward to at this point is the movie. My no longer youngest son is still dead to me XD

Really I haven't been too pleased with most of my sons lately.

- One's not getting as much exposure as I wish he would have (though, at the very least, his book with Raven was good. And he continues to be one of the best characters in the Young Justice cartoon).

- One's not getting ANY exposure at all.

- One's getting A LOT of exposure but it's for a version of him that I have no interest in supporting.

- And the last is...actually living his best life right now. 2021 has been fucking amazing to Damian.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-19-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

- And the last is...actually living his best life right now. 2021 has been fucking amazing to Damian.
    And the next year is promising as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    ^This^

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but they've fumbled so badly with everything relating to Jon since 2018 that I just can't bring myself to even try to like who he is anymore. Let alone not be annoyed whenever I see him.

It's petty of me, I know, but I'm definitely sitting out on this upcoming book he's about to have with Damian. I'll see how it is from y'all, but I already said that if Taylor couldn't even win me over on this new guy then nobody can. So the only Super sons content I'm looking forward to at this point is the movie. My no longer youngest son is still dead to me XD

Really I haven't been too pleased with most of my sons lately.

- One's not getting as much exposure as I wish he would have (though, at the very least, his book with Raven was good. And he continues to be one of the best characters in the Young Justice cartoon).

- One's not getting ANY exposure at all.

- One's getting A LOT of exposure but it's for a version of him that I have no interest in supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    And the next year is promising as well.
    Yeah, Damian's books are doing really well. Not only with Robin, but the Robins book as well. And my other favorite, Jason, has been represented really well by Williamson too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, Damian's books are doing really well. Not only with Robin, but the Robins book as well. And my other favorite, Jason, has been represented really well by Williamson too.
    Williamson is a gift. Definitely up there as one of my favorites in DC's corner right now. Not just for his work on Robin.

Last edited by adrikito; 10-19-2021 at 01:02 PM.

I got a question related to Damian's skin colour. Anyone remembers when exactly it became a thing?

Now, its been a while since I read Morrison's Batman, but I don't remember anything there about him being half-arab or having darker skin. Young Damian was drawn as "mini-Bruce" and Damian 666 was drawn like Morrison. I don't really remember it being a thing in Batman and Robin by Tomasi/Gleason or Robin: SOB by Gleason. Super Sons? Don't remember anything related either. Was it in Teen Titans?

In Teen Titans it was mentioned something about Damian arabic roots.. I think that in Percy Run.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    This is great.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I got a question related to Damian's skin colour. Anyone remembers when exactly it became a thing?

Now, its been a while since I read Morrison's Batman, but I don't remember anything there about him being half-arab or having darker skin. Young Damian was drawn as "mini-Bruce" and Damian 666 was drawn like Morrison. I don't really remember it being a thing in Batman and Robin by Tomasi/Gleason or Robin: SOB by Gleason. Super Sons? Don't remember anything related either. Was it in Teen Titans?
    I believe it blew up during Rebirth era.
    After Gleason gave us a Tanned Damian in RSOB and Jon Boy's promo art for TT had a very dark Damian. I think some expectation was introduced.

Then Ridley's Supersons happened and they went the opposite direction with a Brown haired Damian and suddenly it became an issue

In Teen Titans it was mentioned something about Damian arabic roots.. I think that in Percy Run.
    No that was Glass that wrote that Damian felt more comfortable with and identified with his Middle Eastern roots

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    No that was Glass that wrote that Damian felt more comfortable with and identified with his Middle Eastern roots
    REALLY? In Percy run his skin was darker.. Remember when Raven and the others were kidnapped.

4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I feel like Damian Dick and Jason are doing well. Jason might not have an ongoing but he's highly visible and there's a variety of stories available for his fans. He's gone from a character that only one writer was interested in to a character that a lots of the new blood want to explore.

REALLY? In Percy run his skin was darker.. Remember when Raven and the others were kidnapped.

4.jpg
    Yea he was darker but this run never touched on Damian's heritage. That was the Glass TT Annual