Page 102 of 259 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'd prefer Flashpoint Batman just go away forever. But if he comes back for Damian to kick his ass, I suppose I can deal with his presence again.
    I think Damian and his relationship has some story potential, even if it's just to help Damian deal with his trauma (possibly by kicking his ass).

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    After Damian and Duke's mutual acknowledgment at the end of Robin War, after the potential of watching movies together and overall nice and promising friendship between two of them, of course in the very first page of Batman & Signal Patrick wrote Damian yelled and belittled Duke.
    Yeah that was a dick move. Patrick is a fan of dukes and has been following the character so he knew that Duke and Damian were amicable but he threw Damian under the bus to get readers to feel sympathy for duke.

Which was undercut Duke's development. The maturity and ease with which he handled Damian in Robin War. Counter productive not just narrative wise but real world. Duke was/is a character that gets an unfair amount of hate. I'm sure some Damian fans had issues with him but for the most part their friendship in story made a lot of Damian fans less hostile to Duke. so to risk that tenuous peace for the sake of woobifying Duke is not a smart move

Ridley so far isn't propping Jace by undermining others but I just have that fear

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Yikes. Can we have like one book that doesn't use Damian to make us feel bad about another character or turns him into a joke?
    Reminds me of when I read the asian superhero celebration issue, excited to read two Damian stories, and Dustin Nguyen used Damian to make us feel bad for Cass for absolutely no reason in one of the two.
    Yeah I noticed that too. It's like Damian's on this list of characters that it's okay to hate on so writers feel free to make em the bad guy whenever you need a random bad guy

Would you guys call Damian killing Dick in Injustice a Murder or an Accident?
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Would you guys call Damian killing Dick in Injustice a Murder or an Accident?
    It was quite clearly an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It was quite clearly an accident.
    For some reason, I've spent an unknown amount of time trying to make people on a YouTube video about Damian and Starfire understand that it was an accident.

Screenshot_20210525-053954.jpg

Haven't been too successful, but what was I expecting? XD
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

For some reason, I've spent an unknown amount of time trying to make people on a YouTube video about Damian and Starfire understand that it was an accident.

Screenshot_20210525-053954.jpg

Haven't been too successful, but what was I expecting? XD
    I feel like, at the most, you could say Injustice Damian's guilty of manslaughter. I hate Injustice Damian but he did not murder Dick. Taylor made that SO very clear. Dick's death was not the same as all the other senseless killings in that universe. Intent does matter.

Fantastic Member

You know I was thinking.

What was Damian like pre-flash point?

I mostly know of his history when Flashpoint came in with the New 52.

But don't know what the 5th Boywonder was like pre-new 52.
    There's Dick-Batman run.
    But I knew he appeared in an detective comic, hazzy on what happened there but it was Bruce, Tim, and Damian fighting Ra's Al Ghul. Think it was before Dick-Batman.
    Then there was the Teen Titans issue where he teams up with Rose.
    Then a run in with Supergirl.
    Then a run with Steph-Batgirl.

Then there's this panel from Battle of the Cowl issue 1, he was near ten here right? I'm pretty sure he was drunk. Well at least he's lively as Dick when he's somewhat wasted.
    Bat Drunk Drive 2.jpg

Like, how about you guys?
    What are you thoughts on comparing Damian (Pre-52) to Damian (Current)?
    There any difference, or he remains the same.
    Want some thoughts, since Damian (Pre-52) was a blur to me, just snippets but couldn't get the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    You know I was thinking.

There's Dick-Batman run.
    But I knew he appeared in an detective comic, hazzy on what happened there but it was Bruce, Tim, and Damian fighting Ra's Al Ghul. Think it was before Dick-Batman.

Then there's this panel from Battle of the Cowl issue 1, he was near ten here right? I'm pretty sure he was drunk. Well at least he's lively as Dick when he's somewhat wasted.
    Bat Drunk Drive 2.jpg

Want some thoughts, since Damian (Pre-52) was a blur to me, just snippets but couldn't get the bigger picture.
    It's pretty much the same for me. Certain stuff like his friendship with Ravager, his Brother/Sister dynamic with Steph and that Halloween issue with Kara stick out.

At least my boy had the game to pull a girl roughly twice his age. Now he's messing around with girls 4000 years his senior XD.

I think he's been through very much in the timeframe since his introduction, and that should have had some noticeable changes to his demeanor. The thing is, his current characterization has changed soo many times, idk how to compare the two of them.

Extraordinary Member

You know I was thinking.

There's Dick-Batman run.

Bat Drunk Drive 2.jpg

I don’t even know who that kid was during battle for the cowl. His father is gone and he is joy riding the bat mobile with a girl 7 years older then him?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Thanks for pointing it out. That was a load off. Damian is still evolving sure and the dead clearly don't stay dead in this contest [it seems] but him killing again in a series that's supposed to be moving him away from the hit job that was TT just didn't sit right
    We learn some more things about what dying in this contest means.
    Spoilers for Robin #2. I'm serious, don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

spoilers:
    You can die two times, if you die a third time you are dead. The tournament only starts if everyone died at least once. The reward for winning is immortality according to Mother Soul. After hearing that Damian basically commits mass murder without remorse to speed up the process.

I'm beginning to feel like this book is not for me. I see this as a regression. I don't care that the people get revived immediately. Damian didn't even hesitate before he killed them all.
    end of spoilers

^Okay, that's a very odd thing to do in a book about making him a hero again. And that's me putting it nicely.

Damian's inner Ra's is showing and if it's done as effortlessly as you're saying, then I'm a little concerned.
    I don't mind him being brutal, but that's going a little too far.
    Last edited by Shen; 05-25-2021 at 01:23 AM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

You know I was thinking.

There's Dick-Batman run.

Bat Drunk Drive 2.jpg

Personally pre-flashpoint Damian is my favorite era. Like he's such a swag but responsible and if I have to say after New52 he's kinda diluted for a bit and his arrogant personality turned into cheap dickiness to prop other characters. That's why I have hopes for this Robin series, and looks like my pre-flashpoint Damian is back.
    I remember pre-flashpoint Damian beat Joker with crowbar, let Two-Face fell from high building, and counted his footsteps when he was kidnapped why blindfolded and drugged, and I was like, wow this kid is such a badass. He also felt responsible for a kid whom he couldn't save and on that point I really rooted for his future.

Pretty sure every Robins fans prefer to pretend that Battle for The Cowl was never happened, including me. OOC is not even enough to cover what the hell is wrong with that book
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 05-25-2021 at 01:35 AM.

^Okay, that's a very odd thing to do in a book about making him a hero again. And that's me putting it nicely.

Damian's inner Ra's is showing and if it's done as effortlessly as you're saying, then I'm a little concerned.
    I don't mind him being brutal, but that's going a little too far.
    I encourage everyone to form their own opnion, but I was not a fan. This is not off to a good start.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    We learn some more things about what dying in this contest means.
    Spoilers for Robin #2. I'm serious, don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

spoilers:
    You can die two times, if you die a third time you are dead. The tournament only starts if everyone died at least once. The reward for winning is immortality according to Mother Soul. After hearing that Damian basically commits mass murder without remorse to speed up the process.

I'm beginning to feel like this book is not for me. I see this as a regression. I don't care that the people get revived immediately. Damian didn't even hesitate before he killed them all.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm still in college so I haven't read it, but personally, I have no problem with him removing the possible resurrection condition to raise the stakes. I don't have any problem with him killing as long as there's no one belittle him like on Teen Titans, that match is deathmatch with dozens killers aimed for death after all.
    Thanks for spoiler though
    end of spoilers