Page 103 of 259 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm still in college so I haven't read it, but personally, I have no problem with him removing the possible resurrection condition to raise the stakes. I don't have any problem with him killing as long as there's no one belittle him like on Teen Titans, that match is deathmatch with dozens killers aimed for death after all.
    Thanks for spoiler though
    end of spoilers
    Good for you, but I'm seriously considering dropping this book. And DC as a whole. I'm not interested in this.

Astonishing Member

This is just the second issue, and this is just the beginning of Damian's journey to redemption, what happened in this issue is not so bad given the conditions of the tournament that Damian is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    This is just the second issue, and this is just the beginning of Damian's journey to redemption, what happened in this issue is not so bad given the conditions of the tournament that Damian is in.
    Connor managed to show more concern for human life than Damian did, even Ravager cared more than our protagonist who acted like this was a fun warm-up.

People told me the same about Teen Titans. I waited two years for that book to become good. Didn't happen.
    Damian has been through this kind of arc how many times now? I'm tired of waiting. I want a good, fun hero story to enjoy. I don't want to wait for several months just hoping that Williamson will eventually deliver something good. This was DC's last chance.

Batman 666 is my fav Batman so I don't have an issue with heroes who kill as a last resort However I don't think Damian as Robin should kill.

I understand those who are disappointed with the direction Jw just took but I'll wait and see where he's going with this new turn.

Damian made the choice to become a hero, he adopted the no kill rule because Batman. He didn't make that choice personally. He follows it because that's the Batman way.

When he decided to change the world the Wayne way it was because he felt that was a better way. He saw a different way to make the world better other than the way that was drilled into him. The Al Ghul way of conquer and lead. He choose to help make the world safer for innocent people.

Jw's Robin is about the next step in Damian's hero Journey which I'm hoping will eventually set up a personal reason why he decides to embrace the no killing rule beyond because Batman says so.

I hope..... or maybe this is just cope

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    We learn some more things about what dying in this contest means.
    Spoilers for Robin #2. I'm serious, don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

spoilers:
    You can die two times, if you die a third time you are dead. The tournament only starts if everyone died at least once. The reward for winning is immortality according to Mother Soul. After hearing that Damian basically commits mass murder without remorse to speed up the process.

I'm beginning to feel like this book is not for me. I see this as a regression. I don't care that the people get revived immediately. Damian didn't even hesitate before he killed them all.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They've placed Damian in a position where it's do or die.
    It's either he goes completely pacifist, which let's be real here, will likely be seen as a weakness. Exploited even.
    What is Damian supposed to do in that situation? Knock them out? Likely still that Mother Soul and the other competitors will see Damian as an easy target.

I'd say, if we're keeping some spirits up that Damian doesn't go all bloodthristy, he's just instilling some fear.
    You know get all of them to loose their extra lives, and instill fear of losing their life. Then go all no killing.
    That's just a hunch, and certainly still looking on the bright side of it. Still, I do agree he goes instantly to killing is kinda worrying. Hope they give a reason why he went to killing in an instant
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    spoilers:
    It's either he goes completely pacifist, which let's be real here, will likely be seen as a weakness. Exploited even.
    What is Damian supposed to do in that situation? Knock them out? Likely still that Mother Soul and the other competitors will see Damian as an easy target.

I'd say, if we're keeping some spirits up that Damian doesn't go all bloodthristy, he's just instilling some fear.
    You know get all of them to loose their extra lives, and instill fear of losing their life. Then go all no killing.
    That's just a hunch, and certainly still looking on the bright side of it. Still, I do agree he goes instantly to killing is kinda worrying. Hope they give a reason why he went to killing in an instant
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think the issue points it out, he can do what he wants with no guilt or consequences. It doesn’t matter if he kills because they’ll be okay afterwards. So basically after being the first to die in a tournament he’s going all out to show he’s not too be messed with and probably get some anger out.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    You do all realize that Williamson put Damian in this situation, right? Nobody forced him to create this tournament. This was not necessary at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Batman 666 is my fav Batman so I don't have an issue with heroes who kill as a last resort However I don't think Damian as Robin should kill.

I understand those who are disappointed with the direction Jw just took but I'll wait and see where he's going with this new turn.

Damian made the choice to become a hero, he adopted the no kill rule because Batman. He didn't make that choice personally. He follows it because that's the Batman way.

When he decided to change the world the Wayne way it was because he felt that was a better way. He saw a different way to make the world better other than the way that was drilled into him. The Al Ghul way of conquer and lead. He choose to help make the world safer for innocent people.

Jw's Robin is about the next step in Damian's hero Journey which I'm hoping will eventually set up a personal reason why he decides to embrace the no killing rule beyond because Batman says so.

I hope..... or maybe this is just cope
    I always saw Robin: Son of Batman as the book where Damian embraced the no killing rule.
    He understood that by killing Nobody he had taken the chance from him to become a better person, something that had been granted to Damian.
    Maya forgave Damian and decided not take revenge on him so he could use his chance to become a better person after she understood that Damian was trying to right his wrongs.
    Damian decided to forgive Talia when she asked for forgiveness, explaining that he owed the same chance to her that had been given to him.

I always saw Robin: Son of Batman as the book where Damian embraced the no killing rule.
    He understood that by killing Nobody he had taken the chance from him to become a better person, something that had been granted to Damian.
    Maya forgave Damian and decided not take revenge on him so he could use his chance to become a better person after she understood that Damian was trying to right his wrongs.
    Damian decided to forgive Talia when she asked for forgiveness, explaining that he owed the same chance to her that had been given to him.
    Okay but Williamson also showed in the backups that lead to the Robin ongoing Damian’s hesitancy to kill, remember the league of Lazarus sent people to kill Talia and he couldn’t do it.

Going into series specific notes here so going into spoilers

spoilers:
    Here it’s anyone can die two times and be completely fine, they just come right back. So in this scenario to Damian it’s not as if he’s actually killed anyone, we just have to see if that changes as we get to the third round of deaths.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Considering that it is called Lazarus Island, perhaps the effects of being revived on it is similar to that of the Lazarus Pit. Y'know like Anger, Bloodlust, Bouts of insanity etc.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Good point. Didn't think of RSOB.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Okay but Williamson also showed in the backups that lead to the Robin ongoing Damian’s hesitancy to kill, remember the league of Lazarus sent people to kill Talia and he couldn’t do it.

Going into series specific notes here so going into spoilers

spoilers:
    Here it’s anyone can die two times and be completely fine, they just come right back. So in this scenario to Damian it’s not as if he’s actually killed anyone, we just have to see if that changes as we get to the third round of deaths.
    end of spoilers
    He didn't say he couldn't do it, he said he knew Talia would handle it.
    And it's not just that he killed a bunch of people, it's the attitude Williamson gave him.

Even in Teen Titans it didn't feel like Damian thought it was fun to kill criminals in that last arc.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 05-25-2021 at 05:49 AM.

He didn't say he couldn't do it, he said he knew Talia would handle it.
    And it's not just that he killed a bunch of people, it's the attitude Williamson gave him.

Even in Teen Titans it didn't feel like Damian thought it was fun to kill criminals in that last arc.
    Look I didn’t see him having fun here, I saw it as proving he’s not a pushover in a tournament after he died first. He was trying to show bravado. I’m pretty sure that if there wasn’t a resurrection rule he would have just beat them. But he knows they have spare lives so he’s not going easy.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

You do all realize that Williamson put Damian in this situation, right? Nobody forced him to create this tournament. This was not necessary at all.
    Williamson said it’ll be a slow redemption after what happened in teen Titans, I don’t see anything wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Look I didn’t see him having fun here, I saw it as proving he’s not a pushover in a tournament after he died first. He was trying to show bravado. I’m pretty sure that if there wasn’t a resurrection rule he would have just beat them. But he knows they have spare lives so he’s not going easy.
    He was literally smiling as he started his attack and said "game on" before he killed them.