Page 107 of 259 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3875

Are people actually shipping Damian and Flatline or are comic journalists just saying people are shipping them because they think people are shipping them, because I've seen no evidence of shipping outside of posts complaining about shipping after only looking at a few panels?

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Are people actually shipping Damian and Flatline or are comic journalists just saying people are shipping them because they think people are shipping them, because I've seen no evidence of shipping outside of posts complaining about shipping after only looking at a few panels?
    I see a few people online shipping them but for the most part it's just screenrant being screenrant. Honestly I'm surprised they never made a DamiJon article lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    For the love of... They just SPOKE to each other! Ffs man, I know I should just ignore this and carry on but seriously?!

Sometimes I just wanna hire Talia. Originally the Al-Ghuls were Eco-terrorists, but I'm sure they'd agree with me that a lot of genetic trees need some cutting.

Okay, that was a bit much...

Then again, it's not as excessive as that article's exaggeration of a few pages with characters simply interacting.

Bet they'll ship him with Rose next.
    Er, about that....

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Er, about that....
    Yeah that ship set sail a looooooooooong time ago. And, honestly, if they were the same age and I wasn't already a Bart/Rose shipper....I'd be all for it.

Fantastic Member

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-august...solicitations/

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/full...solicitations/

Well boys, some new solicitations just came about 4 hours ago.

Here's what they say about Robin#5

Story by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by GLEB MELNIKOV
    Cover by JORGE CORONA
    ON SALE: 8/24/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    variant by Francis Manapul
    Price $4.99 US (Card Stock)

Robin Issue 5.jpg

"Robin reunion! Nightwing, Red Hood, Tim Drake, and Spoiler guest-star as they track Damian down with a plan to bring the young hero back to Gotham. Back to his family. But the son of Batman plans to win the Lazarus Tournament and refuses to return. What starts as a happy reunion quickly turns into a Robin rumble!"

I really did not expect it to be that soon. Your guys' thoughts on this? I expected a reunion after he does his all Lazarus Tournament, they got four robins against one.

Fantastic Member

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/nlmp7o

Well, some panels from the preview of the Robins comic.

Notable panels are when Damian calls out Tim Drake for using the code name "The Drake", and he calls him Red Robin.
    Which is interesting since at that point and time, it was during Damian's run in with the Teen Titans, as well as shortly afterwards where Tim ditched his Drake outfit for his current one that appeared in Joker War.

I like that my man Jorge Corona did the cover. That's cool.

As for the Robin "reunion," isn't the entire the point of the first arc to get Damian away from Gotham and the Batfamily? After issue 8, do whatever you want. Until then, any appearance by any member of the Batfamily is too premature. Still, I doubt anything meaningful can be done with the rest of the Robins in one issue unless they stick around for the rest the arc, which would literally undercut the fact this is Damian's book and he's supposed to developing his independence. You want to see all the Robins in one place? Go read Tim Seeley's book.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post

Art by GLEB MELNIKOV
    Cover by JORGE CORONA

Robin Issue 5.jpg

"Robin reunion! Nightwing, Red Hood, Tim Drake, and Spoiler guest-star as they track Damian down with a plan to bring the young hero back to Gotham. Back to his family. But the son of Batman plans to win the Lazarus Tournament and refuses to return. What starts as a happy reunion quickly turns into a Robin rumble!"

I really did not expect it to be that soon. Your guys' thoughts on this? I expected a reunion after he does his all Lazarus Tournament, they got four robins against one.
    JW did mention that the Robin's will show up and they fight. Looking forward to it and at the same time I'm not.

Enough with Robins fighting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post

Art by GLEB MELNIKOV
    Cover by JORGE CORONA

Robin Issue 5.jpg

I like how they call him "Tim Drake" instead of a codename like everyone else. Issue #5 seems a bit early for this, but I guess we'll have to see what happens.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah that ship set sail a looooooooooong time ago. And, honestly, if they were the same age and I wasn't already a Bart/Rose shipper....I'd be all for it.
    If they were roughly the same age, I guess I'd also like the ship. Except I already ship Jay and Rose (Thank you DCeased). Plus there's the Batman vs Deathstroke storyline that almost made them actual family. Even if it's not true, it's still weird for me to think of em as anything more.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    If they were roughly the same age, I guess I'd also like the ship. Except I already ship Jay and Rose (Thank you DCeased). Plus there's the Batman vs Deathstroke storyline that almost made them actual family. Even if it's not true, it's still weird for me to think of em as anything more.
    Its not my first choice, but I'm fine with Rose and Jason. Both can skirt that grey side without breaking character.

Rose and Damian... Bad enough I have to sift through Damian x Raven ships, but at least they were portrayed as a similar age in the animated films. I don't want to get any where near Rose x Damian.

Rose and Bart Allen had so much potential to be a really unexpected, but interesting, relationship, pre-Flashpoint. Like Gar and Raven was. I would have loved to have seen it actually go somewhere. But I can definitely see why Jason and (an older) Damian would also be easy ship material for her.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    JW did mention that the Robin's will show up and they fight. Looking forward to it and at the same time I'm not.

Enough with Robins fighting each other.
    Yeah on one hand, bringing the Robins together is a sure-fire way to put a smile on my face. Especially whenever Steph is remembered. But on the other hand....this is so unnecessary. I really wish they had kept the Batfamily out of this until the tournament was over. Especially if the end result is just the Robins duking it out again.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah on one hand, bringing the Robins together is a sure-fire way to put a smile on my face. Especially whenever Steph is remembered. But on the other hand....this is so unnecessary. I really wish they had kept the Batfamily out of this until the tournament was over. Especially if the end result is just the Robins duking it out again.
    Let's go with likely reason they're fighting Damian is training.
    I mean you mean to tell me that all four robins are going to drag Damian back to Gotham in a fight, c'mon we all it's a misleading way of putting.

It's going to start with Damian refusing to back to Gotha, the Robins having a mutual understanding that Damian needs to do this on his own, and do training panels so at least he's better prepared.
    That's my guess.

I think Damian and Rose works. I've always found their interactions entertaining. Going back to the pre flashpoint days. They bounce off each other well, love their banter.

Plus it allows Damian to pass another dodgy Robin [well Replacement Robins] rite of passage. 'Dating/wowing your bro's ex'

He's died
    He was replaced
    so on to the next one.

I remember Williamson saying in a podcast that he writes the solicitations for Robin himself, and he does that because someone else generally writes the solicits for a writer's book and they often spoil the book before it comes out and Williamson wants to avoid that with his books, so I think it's meant to be misleading that the other Robins are coming to Lazarus Island to take Damian back to Gotham. I'd say in issue 5 the issue flashbacks to the what the Batfamily has been doing since issue 1 and meanwhile in Damian's plot, he has to reminisce about how the Batfamily has both mistreated and supported him.