Page 125 of 259 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I've actually always kinda liked the idea of him being a bit on the small side, even in adulthood. I could seen him being more lean rather than, say, the level of bulkiness that his Dad and Jason are typically drawn as. Less of a Batman build and more of a....I guess, Nightwing or Batman Beyond. Something more befitting of like an agile/ninja-esque type of fighter than the straight up brawler that Bruce is often portrayed as being.
    I love the idea of he being

Small
    Small
    Small
    So a little late puberty splash
    So he keep kind disproportional for a time (not weird, just like boys do, but stronger than Tim)
    So a pretty man (like Dick, probably without his butty)
    And a handsome man (Still small than Bruce and Jason as you said)
    (*-*)/ deep breathe

Quote Originally Posted by Perfidiously View Post
    Aw, it'd be a shame if Colin didn't exist anymore, but I wouldn't be super surprised. I don't really mind Dick not being counted, because I think Damian puts him firmly in the "family" category, along with all the other Bat characters. I think he and Maya did call each other brother and sister, so maybe it's the same? Still, I really liked her and wish she'd be back, or at least mentioned sometimes...

Connor's meant to be a really strong fighter, though. Like, he landed hits on Lady Shiva level.
    Hummm ok, convinced me, I don't know her, but I know she is intensive strong and will shows up in the new animation, can't not be amazing u.u

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I know at least two Bats Damian has barely gotten along with (usually because of extenuating circumstances at that); Jason and Tim.
    Worng post I misunderstood a couple 9f words ><
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 06-23-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I love the idea of he being

Small
    Small
    Small
    So a little late puberty splash
    So he keep kind disproportional for a time (not weird, just like boys do, but stronger than Tim)
    So a pretty man (like Dick, probably without his butty)
    And a handsome man (Still small than Bruce and Jason as you said)
    (*-*)/ deep breathe
    Sometimes I want him to grow a little so he can reach his full potential
    He can’t beat experienced full grown men like Slade and Connor wile he’s still a child

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfidiously View Post
    Aw, it'd be a shame if Colin didn't exist anymore, but I wouldn't be super surprised. I don't really mind Dick not being counted, because I think Damian puts him firmly in the "family" category, along with all the other Bat characters. I think he and Maya did call each other brother and sister, so maybe it's the same? Still, I really liked her and wish she'd be back, or at least mentioned sometimes...

Connor's meant to be a really strong fighter, though. Like, he landed hits on Lady Shiva level.
    yeah some fans already protested that Damian can land some punches on Connor

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Sometimes I want him to grow a little so he can reach his full potential
    He can’t beat experienced full grown men like Slade and Connor wile he’s still a child
    We got a glimpse of Damian at full potential in the Batman Beyond comics.
    Sure he was the leader of the League of Assassins, but we did see him at his maximum potential in terms of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    yeah some fans already protested that Damian can land some punches on Connor
    That's just dumb though. With their mindset, some C-grade thug is a top tier fighter because they landed a few hits on Cass.

Even in that case, the fight between Damian and Connor was perfect. Damian showed more skill and speed in the beginning (he landed quite a few hits - even dodged Connor's barrage of punches and snuck a clean hit in) but got outclassed in the long term.

Idk why it's hard for people to understand how skilled he is. The only reason why Damian isn't one of the best fighters in the world currently, is because of his physical limitations and his arrogance. Given time (maybe in this ongoing, even) he'll work through those and become better.

I swear, when Rose explained the rules of the tournament and Damian asked her "I don't have to hold back?", I could hear the relief in his voice off the page. This is a kid who has been trained throughout his life to do one thing - KILL. Ruthlessly, efficiently and skillfully.

I look forward to hearing their complaints while they powerscale his abilities according to their (lack of) understanding of the character.
    Last edited by Shen; 06-23-2021 at 10:31 PM.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    We got a glimpse of Damian at full potential in the Batman Beyond comics.
    Sure he was the leader of the League of Assassins, but we did see him at his maximum potential in terms of combat.
    You see, I liked his version of the LoA. He really was interested in the original goal of Ra's - saving the planet. Sure, it helps to have a bunch of lethal killers but as Ghandi said: "There is no shame in deterrence - having a weapon is very different from using it." Of course, that was a bug in The Civilizations game - and Gandhi ended up using a nuke so...
    Yeaaaahhhh.

Anywho, I liked Ra's al Damian.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    That's just dumb though. With their mindset, some C-grade thug is a top tier fighter because they landed a few hits on Cass.
    I also see some fans complained about Duke could land some strike on Cass when they spar. At this point, they're just looking for argument, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post

Even in that case, the fight between Damian and Connor was perfect. Damian showed more skill and speed in the beginning (he landed quite a few hits - even dodged Connor's barrage of punches and snuck a clean hit in) but got outclassed in the long term.

Idk why it's hard for people to understand how skilled he is. The only reason why Damian isn't one of the best fighters in the world currently, is because of his physical limitations and his arrogance. Given time (maybe in this ongoing, even) he'll work through those and become better.

I swear, when Rose explained the rules of the tournament and Damian asked her "I don't have to hold back?", I could hear the relief in his voice off the page. This is a kid who has been trained throughout his life to do one thing - KILL. Ruthlessly, efficiently and skillfully.

I look forward to hearing their complaints while they powerscale his abilities according to their (lack of) understanding of the character.
    Some fans insist on rejecting the tropes and logic that hero comics are built on when it comes to some characters.

Robins have always been kids who kick grown men's arse.

Bruce himself once explained to Dick about the physiological effects on the bad guys mind of getting beaten up by a kid [a bonus]

Damian's size doesn't even matter since there are real life martial arts designed to use an opponents weight and mass against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    *** maybe Rose know Damian's identity because she knows all Batfamily identity? I didn't read many stories with her, but maybe she knows because of Dick, Jason or Tim? Or even because of Slade?

When I read stories with Bruce I feel like EVERYONE (heroes, villains, many ex's, Robin's ex's, some peoples) knows about Batman being Bruce.
    Damian and Rose have worked together on the TT in the past they got on quite well.. Damian also kind of has a habit of sucking a lot when it comes to his identity secret. Maybe he let something slip

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Rose has been a Teen Titan under Dick, dated Jason at one point, and worked with the others in some capacity over the years. Her knowing Damian's identity is only to be expected in this case.
    I know Jason and Rose had a thing in an elseworld and in a possible future. When did they date in canon prior to this Robin series?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I know Jason and Rose had a thing in an elseworld and in a possible future. When did they date in canon prior to this Robin series?

While not explicitly stated when they dated, it is certainly heavily implied they did (this was New52, which didn't change that much for Jason's story).

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian and Rose have worked together on the TT in the past they got on quite well.. Damian also kind of has a habit of sucking a lot when it comes to his identity secret. Maybe he let something slip
    Yeah.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

We fans are silly dilly about "who would win who", I always says "You see according with Stan Lee, the comic's God, who wins is who the writer decides will win oh-ho-ho" and so when I don't agree with a winner or a movement in a fight "humf! Totally inaccurate, ooc, this never happened, not well wrote, humf!" Can't hold myself.