Page 128 of 259 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    By the way I was thinking of something, about Robin #3 with his grow up too fast line. Sure he was definitely referring to Jon but what about Raven, Beast Boy, and Kaldur/Jackson? Raven and Beast Boy during rebirth were teenagers until they got all their continuity back and are now once again in their late 20’s to 30’s teaching at Titans Academy. Whereas Jackson is now on his way to becoming Aquaman come his September miniseries.The only one who really didn’t age out on him was Wallace when you think about it.
    I don't know if I would call Raven and Beast Boy his friends. More amicable than his second group of Titans, yes. But being aged out? Eh, they were already established being at least a few years older. But now with their true ages restored, I'm actually happy.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    This setting, plus a similarly aged Yara Flor, along with the others in their age group, would be a fun series.

Ah, what could have been. But we're stuck with imposter Jon for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    By the way I was thinking of something, about Robin #3 with his grow up too fast line. Sure he was definitely referring to Jon but what about Raven, Beast Boy, and Kaldur/Jackson? Raven and Beast Boy during rebirth were teenagers until they got all their continuity back and are now once again in their late 20’s to 30’s teaching at Titans Academy. Whereas Jackson is now on his way to becoming Aquaman come his September miniseries.The only one who really didn’t age out on him was Wallace when you think about it.
    Dick, Kori, Vic and Donna are late 20s, yes, but Garfield and Raven are only about 25. Gar was always a couple of years younger than the other Titans, and Raven actually died, and was de-aged back to a teen in the 2003 Teen Titans run. She may have been aged up a bit later, but she's no older than Gar.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dick, Kori, Vic and Donna are late 20s, yes, but Garfield and Raven are only about 25. Gar was always a couple of years younger than the other Titans, and Raven actually died, and was de-aged back to a teen in the 2003 Teen Titans run. She may have been aged up a bit later, but she's no older than Gar.
    I’m just saying neither looked like they were in their 20’s in the rebirth run.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Lol. Popular character with good selling ongoing is below Duke, Tim, and Cass who barely appear and had any important role in years? Really?
    I can´t understand it neither.. Damian was even trained during all his life..

And about the DAY PROTECTOR thing.. I saw Batman and the rest of the batfamily making things during the day.. Is not anything new that makes Duke special

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I was not expecting see Damian sharing one fanart with her after 3 issues.. If Joshua Williamson&Gleb Melnikov know about this they will feel proud of her.

Anyone tried Truth and Justice with Damian? Anything good there?

He was kidnapped for 2 Golems in his 14th birthday day... The Pre-flashpoint Batfamily(the Robins and Batgirls-minus helena) is here but Bruce is not here AGAIN. There are some funny troll moments.(even after he was kidnapped).

I think that is funny but.. This can´t be considered CANON.. Alfred is alive.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-30-2021 at 12:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

spoilers:
    ]Damian is mentioned to be Anatolian by his enemy, and Dick said it's because of Talia... which... is... not... true... his grandmother Melisande is Chinese Arab.

Ra's is half Chinese from his father's side and half an extinct mystery nomad who settled in North Africa or Saudi Arabia depending on continuity. He took the name Ra's from a local dialect, which, in the North Africa version, after the Islamic Empire expansion could be Arabic (Ra's was alive at the earliest during The Crusade).

Basically though, Ra's creator intended Ra's heritage to be a mystery, older and not the current culture, since Ra's want that heritage to burn alongside his past, he basically erased it from history.

They didn't even want to define Ra's as Chinese, just that he and his family knew the language, but then future writers made The Sensei, who is Chinese, his father, so now he's half Chinese.

The other half could be some spin-off from Turkey if someone want it to be, so if someone want to canonize Anatolian Damian, making the mystery extinct nomad to be some branch of Anatolian is the way to do it.

In Wikipedia it's said that Ra's is part Byzantine, but that's a misread of what Talia said in Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul "He led a byzantine life". That's the only mention of Byzantine in all of Ra's origin stories. Birth of The Demon, Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul, and Batman and Robin #23.3.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-30-2021 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    He was kidnapped for 2 Golems in his 14th birthday day... The Pre-flashpoint Batfamily(the Robins and Batgirls-minus helena) is here but Bruce is not here AGAIN. There are some funny troll moments.(even after he was kidnapped).

Given the costume Cassandra Cain wears in the story, this story would be set before the end of King's run and Alfred's death.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

the story was placed in Damian's 13th birthday

which is greatly contradict with Teen Titans rebirth story, so it can be considered non-canon or another alternate story of "how Ra's terrorized Damian on the very first day of his teenage life".
    Speaking about birthday, what date is Damian's birthday exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    His two part story was quite enjoyable and features the other Robins and Bat girls so it was like a little Bat Squad reunion.

I found it enjoyable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    the story was placed in Damian's 13th birthday

which is greatly contradict with Teen Titans rebirth story, so it can be considered non-canon or another alternate story of "how Ra's terrorized Damian on the very first day of his teenage life".
    [b]Speaking about birthday, what date is Damian's birthday exactly[b]?
    It's never been specified sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Damian is mentioned to be Anatolian by his enemy, and Dick said it's because of Talia... which... is... not... true... his grandmother Melisande is Chinese Arab.

Ra's is half Chinese from his father's side and half an extinct mystery nomad who settled in North Africa or Saudi Arabia depending on continuity. He took the name Ra's from a local dialect, which, in the North Africa version, after the Islamic Empire expansion could be Arabic (Ra's was alive at the earliest during The Crusade).

Basically though, Ra's creator intended Ra's heritage to be a mystery, older and not the current culture, since Ra's want that heritage to burn alongside his past, he basically erased it from history.

They didn't even want to define Ra's as Chinese, just that he and his family knew the language, but then future writers made The Sensei, who is Chinese, his father, so now he's half Chinese.

The other half could be some spin-off from Turkey if someone want it to be, so if someone want to canonize Anatolian Damian, making the mystery extinct nomad to be some branch of Anatolian is the way to do it.

In Wikipedia it's said that Ra's is part Byzantine, but that's a misread of what Talia said in Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul "He led a byzantine life". That's the only mention of Byzantine in all of Ra's origin stories. Birth of The Demon, Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul, and Batman and Robin #23.3.
    spoilers:
    The writer of Truth and Justice is Turkish and said that the issue gave him the chance to explore his heritage with his comics for the 1st time. I didn't think Ra's was of Turkish decent
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-30-2021 at 12:07 PM.

You guys at let spoiler tag your T&J story details for readers still deciding whether or not to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Very cute and fun in my opinion, also loved character design, damian is so round and small