Page 131 of 259 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I recall someone described their relationship as "when 10 years old Bruce meets forever 8 years old Bruce"
    Damn, is that... profound? Idk, it seems quite deep to me - but I'm just an uncultured cavedweller - so what do I know? XD
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Godlike wasn't downplaying Damian and bruce's relationship nor were they being harsh.
    Just spitting facts.

The debate is why does bruce keep taking kids under his wing/bring them into his world if he doesn't take responsibility.
    Bruce didn't choose to bring Damian into his world. talia, Alfred and Dick did. Bruce returned and couldn't let him go.

Bruce loves Damian that's obvious but unlike Dick and Jason, Bruce wasn't the one who brought him into the Bat crime fighting World initially.
    That's why I loved the Young Justice Animated series. When Wonder Woman gave him flack for bringing Dick into crime-fighting, he said it was to help him bring his parent's murderer to Justice.

She fired back, asking if he was trying to make Dick turn out like him - and his response was "So that he wouldn't."

Regardless of the circumstances in the beginning, Bruce should be responsible for Damian by now. He needs to spend more time with the kid.

He can't just show up with a surprised Pikachu face when everything goes tits up, wondering how things got so bad.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    That's why I loved the Young Justice Animated series. When Wonder Woman gave him flack for bringing Dick into crime-fighting, he said it was to help him bring his parent's murderer to Justice.

She fired back, asking if he was trying to make Dick turn out like him - and his response was "So that he wouldn't."

Regardless of the circumstances in the beginning, Bruce should be responsible for Damian by now. He needs to spend more time with the kid.

He can't just show up with a surprised Pikachu face when everything goes tits up, wondering how things got so bad.
    Also Bruce should have figured out by now how much supervision Al'ghuls need... IE A LOT. It's kinda dumb to leave Damian to his own devices.

Extraordinary Member

Catwoman said when they were engaged that she knew she would never come first in his life. It was a hard sentence to read. The animation of Batman Hush reinforced why they are so on and off becuase the love is their but his commitment to Gotham border on insane

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Damn, is that... profound? Idk, it seems quite deep to me - but I'm just an uncultured cavedweller - so what do I know? XD
    Well, I interpret that as "both parties insisted to be the adult one but at the same time refused to be the adult one." Sometimes I find Bruce and Damian mutual stubbornness and self-arrogance debates are quite hilarious. Like 2 bulls butting their heads on each other.

I always found it funny that the writers for the DCAMU used the same dialogue, speech pattern, mannerisms for animated Damian as they did Bruce.

Sam Liu revealed that they were instructed them to write them [Bruce and Damian] as the same person.

That is the trick to get Damian right and his annoyance level pitch perfect. Write Bruce. His dialogue coming from a 13 year old gives you a kid you want to pinch [James Tucker's words]

Well, I interpret that as "both parties insisted to be the adult one but at the same time refused to be the adult one." Sometimes I find Bruce and Damian mutual stubbornness and self-arrogance debates are quite hilarious. Like 2 bulls butting their heads on each other.
    They are quite the pair. Master Dusk is right - with Talia and Bruce as parents, Damian is very headstrong XD

I interpreted it as Damian(10 year old Bruce, who is angry at the world) and forever 8 year old Bruce (The kid who watched his parent's die in the alley and couldn't move on)

Or is it the other way around? Idk tbh - but that was my first thought about it. Quite vague and barely makes any sense - but I saw a straw and I grabbed it.

I see this and just can think "I miss Alfred..." T^T

So much better than "Robins: They are my soldiers"

Just finished a re-read of Tomasi's B&R Omni and it was even more enjoyable than the 1st time around. It's one of the best volumes DC has put out in recent times.

Classic.

made me yearn for more Bruce and Damian.

I always found it funny that the writers for the DCAMU used the same dialogue, speech pattern, mannerisms for animated Damian as they did Bruce.

Sam Liu revealed that they were instructed them to write them [Bruce and Damian] as the same person.

That is the trick to get Damian right and his annoyance level pitch perfect. Write Bruce. His dialogue coming from a 13 year old gives you a kid you want to pinch [James Tucker's words]
    I saw that interview too. It's funny to me how so many who hate on Damian when he is simply Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I saw that interview too. It's funny to me how so many who hate on Damian when he is simply Bruce.
    Many also hate on Bruce.

Many also hate on Bruce.
    Damian has had character progression since his debut. Bruce has had character regression (in other words, I'm being nice in my description of him in more recent years).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Damian has had character progression since his debut. Bruce has had character regression (in other words, I'm being nice in my description of him in more recent years).
    Oof, right in the Gary Stu Manly Power fantasy. They're trolling DC soo hard now because of the "Heroes don't do that" thing XD

Many also hate on Bruce.
    I'm so back and forth on how I feel about Bruce. Especially in the post-New 52 era. There are times where I do genuinely like him and think he's a great character and a great hero....and then there are times where I'm actively cheering while the entire Batfamily lays into him. He's such a fucking revolving door when it comes to the way he's portrayed. I know he's, more or less, always been like that; but in these past few years (especially in the Rebirth era) it's just been grating.

The similarities to both Bruce and Talia are strong as hell in Damian. But there's enough of his own person in there for me to say that he's kinda become a better/more interesting character than both of them. Though, I might be a bit biased since the only Robin that I don't think is a better character than Bruce (anymore) is Tim.

And...honestly, Damian would probably be a better hero (notice I didn't say "better Batman") than Bruce when he's older.

Man. If only the "everything is canon" thing had happened sooner. Damian's already made "friends" with Steph and Kara. Having all four of them working off each other like this would have been a blast lol