Page 133 of 259 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Attachment 111542

ROBIN #7
    Writer: JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Artist: GLEB MELNIKOV
    Cover: SIMONE DI MEO
    Variant Cover: FRANCIS MANAPUL
    $3.99 US | 32 PGS | $4.99 US VARIANT (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 10/26/21

It was the smooch heard ‘round the world…and it's the one thing Damian Wayne DIDN'T see coming his way in the Lazarus Tournament! As Robin battles for the secrets of eternal life against the deadliest killers on the planet, can he—will he—DARE HE—survive…a girlfriend?

Damian defo faces the biggest challenge yet lol
    Honestly, if it's well written, I don't mind it. It's a new way of exploring Damian's character!

Damian gonna need to go outside of the family to get some tips since no one in the batfamily knows how to KEEP a girlfriend.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Damian is continuing the family tradition of dating supervillains or their extensions. Bruce Selina Talia, Nightwing Defacer, Jason Rose, Red Robin Lynx, Barbara Ethan Cobblepot... Steph and Cass haven't aren't they?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Damian gonna need to go outside of the family to get some tips since no one in the batfamily knows how to KEEP a girlfriend.
    Green Arrow and Superman it is then. Dina and Lois has been with the green archer ane blue boy for years.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Damian is continuing the family tradition of dating supervillains or their extensions. Bruce Selina Talia, Nightwing Defacer, Jason Rose, Red Robin Lynx, Barbara Ethan Cobblepot... Steph and Cass haven't aren't they?
    And here I thought he'd break that cycle.
    Man, that Wayne genes is too strong.

I was going to kick up a stink when aged up Jon would show up, but I did not expect this and I am absolutely not here for it. I hate romance and love interests and heteronormativity in my comics. I always thought that given the nature of Damian's character, he would be able to avoid heteronormativity because his character doesn't lend himself very well to "romance" and the like. I am not looking forward to this, but hopefully Williamson swerves us and it's some sort of joke where Damian and Flatline are fighting and he falls on top of her and they accidentally kiss (I have more own problems with this trope in anime/manga but it hasn't had much use here).

After a few more seconds thought, I think "the kiss around the world" is just Flatline giving Damian a kiss on the cheek for whatever reason and everybody sees the cute little moment that means nothing more than a hug or a handshake does, but because of heteronormativity everyone ribs Damian for it which flusters him.
    Last edited by garazza; 07-16-2021 at 08:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

oh boy you are not reading from the right company if you hate heteronormativity

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    oh boy you are not reading from the right company if you hate heteronormativity
    And here I thought I found the one character that could skirt around it, but nope lol

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I was going to kick up a stink when aged up Jon would show up, but I did not expect this and I am absolutely not here for it. I hate romance and love interests and heteronormativity in my comics. I always thought that given the nature of Damian's character, he would be able to avoid heteronormativity because his character doesn't lend himself very well to "romance" and the like. I am not looking forward to this, but hopefully Williamson swerves us and it's some sort of joke where Damian and Flatline are fighting and he falls on top of her and they accidentally kiss (I have more own problems with this trope in anime/manga but it hasn't had much use here).
    This is the only time in the main canon, told in on solicit, that he has a love interest. That is bait enough, remember that Jon Kent bait in Teen Titans? Yep.

Totally calling it as a bait. They're calling it a girlfriend because Damian is so well known to can't have a romantic relationship of any kind in the main canon.

Yeah, I'm calling this a bait. And personally her and damian don't click on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Attachment 111542

ROBIN #7
    Writer: JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Artist: GLEB MELNIKOV
    Cover: SIMONE DI MEO
    Variant Cover: FRANCIS MANAPUL
    $3.99 US | 32 PGS | $4.99 US VARIANT (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 10/26/21

It was the smooch heard ‘round the world…and it's the one thing Damian Wayne DIDN'T see coming his way in the Lazarus Tournament! As Robin battles for the secrets of eternal life against the deadliest killers on the planet, can he—will he—DARE HE—survive…a girlfriend?

Damian defo faces the biggest challenge yet lol
    My romance-senses were on-point .

At least his taste in women runs in the family...

It's not a particular ship I would have gone with (mostly because I'm still kinda unsure on how I feel about Flatline as a character) but I don't have anything to complain about just yet. Does it feel weird, seeing Damian show any romantic interest in....well....anyone? Absolutely. Even in other continuities/media, seeing him being romantic just feels....wrong lol.

But hey. He's a 14 year old boy. And for the past few years, he's shown more and more signs of being a lot closer to a normal kid than he'd probably care to admit. I was already proud of him when he became well adjusted enough to have genuine friends, outside of his family, so I'm equally happy that he's developed to a point where this kind of relationship would be possible. Even if it does still feel....really weird.

I guess anyone who's not a big fan of this can at least take solace in the fact that love is fickle, especially at that age, and his first one probably won't last very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Yeah, I'm calling this a bait. And personally her and damian don't click on me.
    While that is very true, I actually...kinda like that. It beats the depressingly predictable and dull relationship that he had with Raven in the movies. I'm always a fan of trying to make the "opposites attract" ships work. That's probably one of the biggest reasons I ship Beast Boy and Raven, or Bart Allen and Rose Wilson. Though I've accepted that the latter ship sunk YEARS ago and probably won't ever be given any kind of attention ever again.

Really my only reservation is, again, I'm unsure on how I feel about Flatline.
    Last edited by Blue22; 07-16-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It's not a particular ship I would have gone with (mostly because I'm still kinda unsure on how I feel about Flatline as a character) but I don't have anything to complain about just yet. Does it feel weird, seeing Damian show any romantic interest in....well....anyone? Absolutely. Even in other continuities/media, seeing him being romantic just feels....wrong lol.

But hey. He's a 14 year old boy. And for the past few years, he's shown more and more signs of being a lot closer to a normal kid than he'd probably care to admit. I was already proud of him when he became well adjusted enough to have genuine friends, outside of his family, so I'm equally happy that he's developed to a point where this kind of relationship would be possible. Even if it does still feel....really weird.

I guess anyone who's not a big fan of this can at least take solace in the fact that love is fickle, especially at that age, and his first one probably won't last very long.
    Personally I feel like it's about time in his character development for stuff like this to start happening.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

Gotta agree with you there.
    I could Damian portrayed as:
    Friend
    Big Brother
    Heck even as a Step Father

But a guy who's in a relationahip? Nah. Like, serious. I do hope this is just a bait cause what he needs are friends, the relationship comes bare min.

And we alreay have robins with too many exes. Don't make Damian another.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally I feel like it's about time in his character development for stuff like this to start happening.
    Damian and romance, the only way I could see it happening is that he fails and blunders at every time he tries. Then learn to improve on it.

It's like how he got his cast of friends, lot of failures but he got there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    the only way I could see it happening is that he fails and blunders at every time he tries. Then learn to improve on it.
    That is how most romances between teenagers go. Especially with ones as....socially challenged as Damian.

I highly doubt Flatline will end up being his "Catwoman". If anything, she's just there to show that he's reached another milestone.