Page 14 of 259 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Loving Damian's new look, it's awesome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    It's the same case with Superboy, like Conner's Superboy on Suicide Squad and Jon's Superboy on Superman/Action Comics maybe. With three Batgirl, West twins come back but Wallace still there and Wally's redemption, I think next era will be focused on multiple holder of legacy title. Looks like Tim will be Robin on Gotham, next Batman writer is Tynion after all.
    Maybe Tim will be Robin in Gotham, but Tynion won't develop that. He had already said his Batman comic will focus on the new characters, while the Batfamily won't have a big role there.

In itself, I think DC has a lot more faith on Damian as Robin, since he has a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Maybe Tim will be Robin in Gotham, but Tynion won't develop that. He had already said his Batman comic will focus on the new characters, while the Batfamily won't have a big role there.

In itself, I think DC has a lot more faith on Damian as Robin, since he has a solo.
    Glad to see Damian back as Robin, as most of us predicted. I hope they revert Tim back to 'Drake', there is no need for two Robins imo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    Slade isn't on the cover, it's someone else.
    It’s not???

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It’s not???
    Yep, that's how it sounds

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It’s not???
    Williamson confirmed it on his twitter, so people have been speculating about who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have to admit, it's growing on me.

Might this be Damian's equivalent to Tim's red and black Post-Crisis costume?
    Well, the R logo looks similar.

You mean post Infinite Crisis, of course. The term Post-Crisis usually means post-Crisis on Infinite Earths, so ALL of Tim's costumes are post-Crisis!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Williamson confirmed it on his twitter, so people have been speculating about who it is.
    What ya'll think about Grant Wilson? I think it would be interesting, since he is the only one of the Slade children that don't have much going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    What ya'll think about Grant Wilson? I think it would be interesting, since he is the only one of the Slade children that don't have much going on.
    If not a new character altogether, I'd actually be down with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'm hoping it's Grant. Mostly because, aside from a new character, the only alternative is Joey and like....no. He's been through enough lol

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm hoping it's Grant. Mostly because, aside from a new character, the only alternative is Joey and like....no. He's been through enough lol
    Honestly, Grant could be interesting as an antagonist to Damian. They have a lot of parallels that could be explored.

Not mad at Damian being in a new Robin series (kind of looking forward to it), I just wished that DC would make up their minds on if Damian is Robin or not.

Honestly, Grant could be interesting as an antagonist to Damian. They have a lot of parallels that could be explored.
    Isn't Grant dead ? Isn't his whole deal that he die the very first time he puts on a mask and that's why Slade hates the Titans ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Not mad at Damian being in a new Robin series (kind of looking forward to it), I just wished that DC would make up their minds on if Damian is Robin or not.
    I've got to hand it to Tim. When he gave up the Robin mantle, he at least added something before his new moniker. Here, we have Williamson stating that Damian is trying to distance himself from Batman by calling himself Robin. Even without taking into account the events of TT, which shouldn't be done because they marked a turning point for Damian, who was finally able to fully make a decision regarding his future on his own, I'm kind of baffled by this very notion.

And don't tell me that Robin sells more than Damian would have as a title. Naomi sold well and she was brand new. People who hate Damian won't pick up his book because of the Robin tag, he's not Batman. And as for myself, while I planned to buy is obviously coming solo, I wouldn't even read it on pirate sites now because it's called Robin. Beyond undermining the character, this choices does absolutely nothing, not even sense.
    Last edited by Korath; 01-14-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It would be really interesting, and I think is not impossible, since the Lazarus pit is obviously involved in the story somehow.

I guess they didn't, because of 5G, and now changed their minds. Maybe in the back-ups we will know how he goes back to Robin.

Spectacular Member

He is Robin. There is no question about that now. 5G's plan was to have him go evil and lose Robin, but when that direction was scrapped so was Damian leaving the mantle.