Page 144 of 259 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Eh, I have seen some people get enraged simply because of scenes where Bruce refers to Damian as his son or when a writer dares to give us a glimmer of affection between those two because "Damian's existence is undermining Bruce's adopted children!!!". I'm sure you don't mean it that way, but I'm kinda over people getting needlessly angry at this.
    I recently reread Tynion's run on Detective Comics and I noticed how many hugs Bruce gives to Tim, Cass and Steph. The last time Bruce hugged Damian was 2015 in Convergence. The best we've gotten since then were some hands on a shoulder and some nice words about how Bruce cares about Damian when he wasn't even there to hear it. People need to calm down.

That's not entirely true though. Damian's death and how Bruce handled it played a part in Snyder's run too, not just in Batman and Robin. While Damian is not dead he did quit as Robin, had a big falling out with Bruce and ran away from his family. I expected that to have a bigger impact. I had to sit through two years of Teen Titans character assassinating Damian, the least they can do is make it feel like it mattered. Even in Tomasi's last arc on Detective Comics the whole thing seemed to be at the bottom of Bruce's priority list. It's just kinda sad at this point how little this seems to matter to the characters around Damian.
    Not just the hugs. Bruce treats Damian far worse than the others . It's a contradiction.

You don't judge a character by their words but by their actions.
    Bruce's actions don't undermine adoption. His words 90% of the time also don't undermine adoption or found family.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Not just the hugs. Bruce treats Damian far worse than the others . It's a contradiction.

You don't judge a character by their words but by their actions.
    Bruce's actions don't undermine adoption. His words 90% of the time also don't undermine adoption or found family.
    I find the relationship between Bruce and Damian highly fascinating, but their relationship is mainly defined by the absence in each other lives even well after Talia revealed Damian to his father and the hurt that causes (at least if DC bothers to write it well)

It took DC five years to establish a father-son bond between the two and even in that book Tomasi made sure to include scenes with Bruce's other sons as well. The B&R 2009 issue where they all watch Zorro together was written by Tomasi. In R&B 2011 Bruce didn't order a portrait to be made just with Damian and him, he included Alfred, Dick and Tim too. He wanted them all to be a family. Jason had just recently stopped trying to kill them and was legally dead, Steph and Cass had been erased by the New 52, so that's why they weren't on that family portrait.
    Yes, Bruce treated them all badly in his grief over Damian, but Tomasi also gave us a rare speech where Bruce actually apologized for his behaviour and reassured them that he valued all of them.

I think Tomasi was quite considerate of Bruce's other relationships when he tried to build a bond between Bruce and Damian, which I can't say about other writers trying to develope a relationship between Bruce and whatever character they are trying to push in that moment.
    Like in that one panel from the Signal oneshot that came out recently where Bruce complains about Jason, Dick and Damian to elevate Duke. Was that really necessary?

I feel fans feel Jarro is less of a threat [a joke character] so they don't take it seriously.
    Jarro still exists?

Hs opinion about ROBIN concept? Bad opinion or he overestimates his skills too much..

I still remember Duke first days as Hero with Snyder talking like if he was better idea than ROBIN concept insulting with that many characters fanbases and sounding like if he thinks that had the ultimate hero idea.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-23-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Considering Damian has died and Duke hasn't, I think there's room to say the Signal is a better hero concept.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

When you adopt a child that means that the bio parents have relinquished their rights and you have parental responsibility for the child.

Foster parenting/care is when the bio parents aren't able to take care of a child for whatever reason so the kids are put into care but the parents HAVEN'T relinquished their rights as a parents.

Foster care normally for a set time period.

Correct Snyder had issues writing Damian due to his issues with Robin as a concept and the fact that he had young kids.

It's notable that in his stories when Damian was 10 he wasn't really put in danger too often and when he wrote he he'd write in aspects of his kids life into Damian such as the rock Band [his sons have a garage band] and Damian sassing wW [Snyder shared an antidote of one of his kids doing something similar with a teacher]

I feel fans feel Jarro is less of a threat [a joke character] so they don't take it seriously.
    I see. But why is Jason foster kid when unlike Tim his parents already can't reclaim their right over Jason? Also Bruce didn't set any time period when he took Jason, he was Bruce's responsibility longer than Bruce acknowledges Damian as his son.

And yeah, Jarro thing is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Considering Damian has died and Duke hasn't, I think there's room to say the Signal is a better hero concept.
    It's not about Damian. It's about Robin, who already has 4 (or 3, depending on how you treat canon) predecessors and a solid brand. Claiming a completely new title is better than Robin is unnecessary and disrespectful, I don't know what's Patrick thinking if he truly expects fans to believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    It's not about Damian. It's about Robin, who already has 4 (or 3, depending on how you treat canon) predecessors and a solid brand. Claiming a completely new title is better than Robin is unnecessary and disrespectful, I don't know what's Patrick thinking if he truly expects fans to believe that.
    Two Robins died. 0 Signals have died.

Two Robins died. 0 Signals have died.
    Because Signal brand is way younger than Robin, and irrelevant for Bruce angst. We all know that Robin's deaths are all for Bruce angst and they were used that way because those Robins are important aspects in Batman's life.

If Batman said that Signal is better than Robin hoping that Duke will never get killed (and revived), then he should know better.

Incredible Member

Robin#4
    He is Back!

And in Checkmate #2

Last edited by Lucas 35; 07-23-2021 at 06:15 PM.

As man it’s so nice to see Damian’s reunion with Goliath. For all he’s been through lately he could use his fuzzy red friend.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

He hasn’t died yet, it’s inevitable as comic book character

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Because Signal brand is way younger than Robin, and irrelevant for Bruce angst. We all know that Robin's deaths are all for Bruce angst and they were used that way because those Robins are important aspects in Batman's life.

If Batman said that Signal is better than Robin hoping that Duke will never get killed (and revived), then he should know better.
    He's been right. Duke hasn't died, Damian died in like three years as Robin. So Duke's already kinda better.

I know at this point I'm just feeding the troll but I'm just kinda curious. Does that make Duke better than every single hero that's ever died? Or does that logic only apply to Damian since you like Duke more than him? Because if you put Duke in the same situation Damian died in, I'm pretty sure he's not coming out alive either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I know at this point I'm just feeding the troll but I'm just kinda curious. Does that make Duke better than every single hero that's ever died? Or does that logic only apply to Damian since you like Duke more than him? Because if you put Duke in the same situation Damian died in, I'm pretty sure he's not coming out alive either.
    and he's not coming back since he is not the heir to the family of resurrection or a father who would literally go to hell for you. Batman Inc was great story and cemented Damian wayne as a hero, its a shame DC went to revillainze a child who worked so hard to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax