Page 160 of 259 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Of course he was, he came in and beat the hell out of Tm who was the only other Robin at the tim till Jason came back. So there is still reason why Tim fans take umbridge.

Yes Luke had a Son in the Star Was Old Extended universe. His name was Ben Skywalker and his Mom was a Smuggler or Bounty hunter named Mara Jade who later became a Jedi. Also Leia and Han had 3 kids, twins Jacen and Jana and a single named Anakin Solo.

I'm pretty sure it won't. But, and maybe I read too many manga, the tournament this doest really thrill me. So I'm more excited to see what he does post it. Unless Shadow of the Bat causes issues.
    Jason was already back and had also beat the shit out of Tim several times before Damian showed up.

Strangely enough Tim fans don't hold that against Jason or take Umbridge. I should point out that not everyone who hates Damian/makes hate videos is a Tim fan.

Seems unfair to make such assumptions

And we already had a Fatality.
    Wait... Yrra Cynril is here? O-o' She normally uses... either a power ring or alien tech weapons... Sure she's a good martial artist, but... she likes to have powerful enough weapons to fight Green Lanterns.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Wait... Yrra Cynril is here? O-o' She normally uses... either a power ring or alien tech weapons... Sure she's a good martial artist, but... she likes to have powerful enough weapons to fight Green Lanterns.
    Would not be surprised if that will end up playing a part. I just don't want this to become like Hopeless hunger games story. And we end up with the near destruction of several strong young heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No worries. The Damian with an 'e' just gets my heckles up since Bendis made a point of misspelling his name to troll his fans.
    Thank you , and I wasn't fully reading the Bendis books, so missed that. Taking a level of Dan Slott there with the Trolling.

Jason was already back and had also beat the shit out of Tim several times before Damian showed up.

Strangely enough Tim fans don't hold that against Jason or take Umbridge. I should point out that not everyone who hates Damian/makes hate videos is a Tim fan.

Seems unfair to make such assumptions
    Depends on who you talked to. Jason was set up as an antagonist Damian kinda wasn't in the same way. But people were ticked about Jason attacking Tim, I think Dick fans had more of a beef and Jason fans weren't always happy with his return. I'm still mad at Talia and what she did to three of the family.

There is a theory that Alfred "is back" as one Ghost..

https://screenrant.com/alfred-pennyw...-ghost-theory/

Screen Shot 5250.jpg

in Robin #4 when Damian meets up with Ra’s Al Ghul on a secluded island, and Alfred is nowhere to be seen until Robin returns to Corto Maltese. Damian himself comments on the uncharacteristic appearance, saying “I noticed you were nowhere to be seen while my grandfather spoke his own kind of old man gibberish.” While this could simply be that Damian’s psyche was still reeling from the shock of seeing Ra’s Al Ghul, it could also be tangible proof that Alfred’s spirit is crossing over from the afterlife and avoiding exposing his true nature to those more in tune with the supernatural, such as Ra’s Al Ghul.

I think that is weird too that he did not appeared in Robin 4.. Anyway Damian was still recovering.. Maybe it means nothing.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-15-2021 at 04:42 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    There is a theory that Alfred "is back" as one Ghost..

https://screenrant.com/alfred-pennyw...-ghost-theory/

Maybe it means nothing.
    It's Screenrant, I take it with a grain of salt.

The practical reason is that Alfred didn't appear before Ra's Al Ghul was that every time he appears it always gives Damian second thoughts on matters. Ra's was doing the same thing likely that they want Damian and Ra's to have a wholesome moment, and show Alfred giving second thoughts in the next pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    I usually make it too.. Many things that they said before dislike me.

Is just that I randomly found this and I saw it interesting and wanted to post it here.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-15-2021 at 06:25 AM.

It could be a hint that Damian may change up his tactics. Alfred did this with Tim too in human form. I think it might be both honestly, aghast and Damian thinking that he might have to get help. Though nice to see the Family with him at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post

The practical reason is that Alfred didn't appear before Ra's Al Ghul was that every time he appears it always gives Damian second thoughts on matters. Ra's was doing the same thing likely that they want Damian and Ra's to have a wholesome moment, and show Alfred giving second thoughts in the next pages.
    Heh, one possible explanation is that Alfred isn't real. It's just Damian going "what would Alfred say?"

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Heh, one possible explanation is that Alfred isn't real. It's just Damian going "what would Alfred say?"
    I could buy that, given he just woke up from falling from a height and has to consider what his next moves are going to be knowing if he goes back there's a chance he could die again. Though I have to wonder how were they able to grow back his heart. Also if Ras is worried about this, then there has to be more to it.

Of course he was, he came in and beat the hell out of Tm who was the only other Robin at the tim till Jason came back. So there is still reason why Tim fans take umbridge.

Yes Luke had a Son in the Star Was Old Extended universe. His name was Ben Skywalker and his Mom was a Smuggler or Bounty hunter named Mara Jade who later became a Jedi. Also Leia and Han had 3 kids, twins Jacen and Jana and a single named Anakin Solo.

I'm pretty sure it won't. But, and maybe I read too many manga, the tournament this doest really thrill me. So I'm more excited to see what he does post it. Unless Shadow of the Bat causes issues.
    One of the reasons because I prefer the other Robins.. Know that part of his fanbase hates Damian. and because I see Tim as the Smart Robin but nothing more attacts me from the character to became in his fan.

I never added a comment in his topic appreciation and I have been here for YEARS.

Now read his last appreciation page was depressing saying that this.. Bernand? Seems like one Male Steph.. As if the poor girl is not enough hated

Someone made a TERRIBLE WORK... 2 Bens?? Why the Films one had not a different name? They just copied Luke son name.. Wow. Leia had a lot of children in that old universe.

Maybe.... Jason fans felt like that when Tim replaced him because Jason days as Robin were short.. Making it even more unfair kill and replace him.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-16-2021 at 01:07 AM.

One of the reasons because I prefer the other Robins.. Know that part of his fanbase hates Damian. and because I see Tim as the Smart Robin but nothing more attacts me from the character to became in his fan.

I never added a comment in his topic appreciation and I have been here for YEARS.

Now read his last appreciation page was depressing saying that this.. Bernand? Seems like one Male Steph.. As if the poor girl is not enough hated

Someone made a TERRIBLE WORK... 2 Bens?? Why the Films one had not a different name? They just copied Luke son name.. Wow. Leia had a lot of children in that old universe.

Maybe.... Jason fans felt like that when Tim replaced him because Jason days as Robin were short.. Making it even more unfair kill and replace him.
    They keep telling us that Tim is the smart Robin but Damian is smarter than Tim
    They keep telling us that Tim is the detective but Dick is far far superior Detective than Tim.
    Now Tim is the Bi Robin.

The Steph hate was from Tim/Kon shippers who hated her inclusion in YJ by Bendis especially. Now that they are no longer a couple that should ease up.

It's natural for fans of a replaced character to hate on the replacement. In Tim's case because the character has been struggling for years now the resentment persists.

Fantastic Member

I remember the comic where Jason meet Dick for the first time, complete wholesome.

Damian met Tim and he punched him, and in verse Tim almost killed Damian in that story where Ra's al Ghul was going to be resurrected. Then Jason met Damian, and put a bullet in his chest. Him and Dick did have an wholesome first interaction, well surrounded by Ninjas is as wholesome as you can get.

But Jason fans angry that Tim replaced him? No way.

Jason was voted out by the fans when he was Robin, remember that phone vote.

Being replaced by Tim gave the two characters some chemistry interactions, heck I remember the one Batman issue where Batman was drugged on fear toxin and almost killed Tim Drake because he thinking he was Jason. After he was cured, Tim assures that he won't be like Jason. Also, if I recall correctly or not, didn't Jason call Tim replacement?

Jason being replaced is core to his backstory in the modern era, you won't see people complaining on his death cause it was foundation of the Red Hood.

Speaking of replacements, you got Tim replacing Jason, then Damian replacing Tim. While over at the Batgirl corner, you got three Batgirls whose replacements aren't seen today. Well, unless you count Bette Kane as a Bat Girl as she was replaced by Barbara, but I doubt anyone remembers Betty Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    They keep telling us that Tim is the smart Robin but Damian is smarter than Tim
    They keep telling us that Tim is the detective but Dick is far far superior Detective than Tim.
    Now Tim is the Bi Robin.

The Steph hate was from Tim/Kon shippers who hated her inclusion in YJ by Bendis especially. Now that they are no longer a couple that should ease up.

It's natural for fans of a replaced character to hate on the replacement. In Tim's case because the character has been struggling for years now the resentment persists.
    I do not care who is the smartest one(I consider the other Robins smart too).. The only that I dislike is the hate against Damian..

But see Grayson thinking that Tim is "the best Robin" disappointed me. Is the 1ST ROBIN. He should be the BEST OF THEM with his experience.

I am not Tim&Steph biggest fan but... I accept every thing that makes her more relevant.

How bad that DC is unable to make Steph&Cass lesbian. Is something that I would like.. But unfortunately Batwoman is already lesbian.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-16-2021 at 03:00 AM.

Robin Jason had a decent amount of fans who didn't want him killed or replaced.

Poor Damian, Writers and DC have been trying to replace him for a while now. Since Morrison left The main Batman Title. Since Snyder and his co [Tynion, Bendis] with Duke, Tim and Jarro. That didn't work so now he's having to share the role.

I just wish he was given the same breathing space to just have his tenure that Tim had for decades. I just want to enjoy the character in the Role without worrying about behind the scenes shenanigans to replace him.