Page 161 of 259 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I do not care who is the smartest one(I consider the other Robins smart too).. The only that I dislike is find weird options to hate Damian..

But see Grayson thinking that Tim is "the best Robin" disappointed me. Is the 1ST ROBIN. He should be the BEST OF THEM with his experience.

I am not Tim&Steph biggest fan but... I accept every thing that makes her more relevant.

How bad that DC is unable to make Steph&Cass lesbian. Is something that I would like.. But unfortunately Batwoman is already lesbian.
    That was the lowest tier of fanservice by Taylor.

Dick Grayson is the best Robin. That's not even up for debate. Favourite Robin is subjective and fans are welcome to stan whichever Robin but the best is Dick Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Robin Jason had a decent amount of fans who didn't want him killed or replaced.

Poor Damian, Writers and DC have been trying to replace him for a while now. Since Morrison left The main Batman Title. Since Snyder and his co [Tynion, Bendis] with Duke, Tim and Jarro. That didn't work so now he's having to share the role.

I just wish he was given the same breathing space to just have his tenure that Tim had for decades. I just want to enjoy the character in the Role without worrying about behind the scenes shenanigans to replace him.
    Poor Jason...

.... Yes. I heard JARRO name recently(one article praising him) and I got angry.. Is just a STUPID small star.

With Duke the reason because I hate him is Snyder fault.(better than robin, batman does not need a robin) I see him like one insult to all the Robins in general and..... SIGNAL? Again Snyder trying to say that Duke is "Special" compared with the other Robins?
    WHAT?? Tynion tried to replace Damian too??

... Anyway. I hate more the DAMIJONS than this people or their characters.. They only see him as one sexual object.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-16-2021 at 04:03 AM.

BANNED

Dick Grayson is the best Robin. That's not even up for debate. Favourite Robin is subjective and fans are welcome to stan whichever Robin but the best is Dick Grayson.
    Oh boo-hoo.

Try saying that as a Batgirl fan with Barbara. She was the independent ally and not the side-kick, self taught to boot. Get back to me when Dick’s made to sit in the corner with a head-set and sing Tim’s praises, devaluing his own accomplishments and calling both the Nightwing and Robin identities “The costume.” At least Dick gets to suit up and have his own plot.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Oh boo-hoo.

Try saying that as a Batgirl fan with Barbara.
    But Barbara is seen as The Bat Girl. Stephanie and Cass, along with the erasure of Betty Kane as the original Bat-Girl, are secondary to what Babs achieved over the years.

Babs and Dick are recognizable everywhere.

They both started off as side kicks and became their own self heroes: Oracle and Nightwing.

I don't see why Bab fans would be angry when they got over decades of comics of Barbara.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    But Barbara is seen as The Bat Girl. Stephanie and Cass, along with the erasure of Betty Kane as the original Bat-Girl, are secondary to what Babs achieved over the years.

Babs and Dick are recognizable everywhere.

They both started off as side kicks and became their own self heroes: Oracle and Nightwing.

I don't see why Bab fans would be angry when they got over decades of comics of Barbara.

Batgirl was never a side-kick role. She was created as an independent ally equal to Batman: Kelly Puckett retconned it into a sidekick role to better suit Cass.

Thing is? Dick doesn’t change by being Nightwing. Neither do Orphan or Spoiler. But Babs gets no choice as either a paralysed able-bodied hero.

Oracle means sitting behind a desk being a coordinator.
    Tech support. No stories of her own; just supporting other characters. THAT is the issue.

If she got to be a costumed crime-fighter in her own right, sure, and I mean that in either a wheelchair or with the use of her legs. But she doesn’t, so there’s the anger.

And besides: let’s say Nightwing was made to hand over his costume. Without the option of being anything but a supporting role. Those fans would be pissed and expectantly so. But us Barbara fans are just meant to suck it up because it’s more ‘noble.’

Well Steph and Cass had their time too by that logic. And Bruce, time for him to fork his identity over to Jace. No, he’s not too special for it, Jace deserves it more. He deserves to prove it. Hand it over. Bruce has had decades, and so has Dick.

You see how it sounds?

Fantastic Member

Batgirl was never a side-kick role. She was created as an independent ally equal to Batman: Kelly Puckett retconned it into a sidekick role to better suit Cass.

Thing is? Dick doesn’t change by being Nightwing. Neither do Orphan or Spoiler. But Babs gets no choice as either a paralysed able-bodied hero.

Tech support. No stories of her own; just supporting other characters. THAT is the issue.

If she got to be a costumed crime-fighter in her own right, sure, and I mean that in either a wheelchair or with the use of her legs. But she doesn’t, so there’s the anger.

And besides: let’s say Nightwing was made to hand over his costume. Without the option of being anything but a supporting role. Those fans would be pissed and expectantly so. But us Barbara fans are just meant to suck it up because it’s more ‘noble.’

Well Steph and Cass had their time too by that logic. And Bruce, time for him to fork his identity over to Jace. No, he’s not too special for it, Jace deserves it more. He deserves to prove it. Hand it over. Bruce has had decades, and so has Dick.

You see how it sounds?
    Fair point, I can see and somewhat understand why fans are angry. Fair points.

But if I may ask on the origin on Batgirl, and correct me if I'm wrong. When you say Batgirl was created to be an independent ally of Batman:

Wasn't the original Bat-Girl which was Betty Kane who was...the side kick of Batwoman? (Kinda? She wasn't kinda of a Side-Kick more like appeared out of nowhere and helped Batman, Batwoman, and Robin)
    and appeared in a issues in Batman comics, along with Titans West.

And Barbara came along and rebranded it as she was the Bat-Girl who isn't a sidekick but equal and independent to Batman?

Oh boo-hoo.

Try saying that as a Batgirl fan with Barbara. She was the independent ally and not the side-kick, self taught to boot. Get back to me when Dick’s made to sit in the corner with a head-set and sing Tim’s praises, devaluing his own accomplishments and calling both the Nightwing and Robin identities “The costume.” At least Dick gets to suit up and have his own plot.
    Dick was made to do just that in the Tim's Robin solo.
    Babs was having her solo plot till recently, there's nothing to say she won't again.

It suck's when management or entitled fans demand/try to replace a character you enjoy. Any character. This is Damian's thread so I'm sure you can understand why the comments are damian/other Robin focused. Conversations here tend to focus on Damian or Robin related. That doesn't mean that we are not aware of the issues/handling of other non Robin characters or that we think that Babs has it made.

You see how it sounds?
    I don't think many fans expect Babsgirl fans to suck it up.
    I like babs as Batgirl in her own title. I don't think the Oracle function has much justification since all the bats can function without tech support [they have been doing for years now] If that's not noble I don't care. I like what I like.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh boo-hoo.

Dude. People are not even talking about Batgirl. Don't make it about your problem. You already have a thread for that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Dude. People are not even talking about Batgirl. Don't make it about your problem. You already have a thread for that.
    No, because it’s the exact same thing. Sorry Dick, you don’t mean anything in this role, time to **** right off!

If it applies to Batgirl, then it applies to EVERYONE.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't think many fans expect Babsgirl fans to suck it up.
    I like babs as Batgirl in her own title. I don't think the Oracle function has much justification since all the bats can function without tech support [they have been doing for years now] If that's not noble I don't care. I like what I like.
    And that’s where you’re wrong, because that’s absolutely what’s happening. The Oracle function is redundant at this point, but they don’t care, they just want Blandgirls to maybe not be bland.

I did not knew that it was Taylor who made that...

I adore Damian but.. I saw and learned enough about Dick to understand that he is the BEST of the Robins.

I would make one visit to ROBINS topic.. There are some images about that Robins meeting(white&black):

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5684823

Fantastic Member

So he made a cameo in latest nightwing issue.
    Just saying that Dick won in some competition in the Batfamily messenger group.

Guessing the timeline is

Robin issue 4 -> Robin Issue 5 -> Son of Kal-El -> Nightwing Issue 83.

Since I doubt Damian will be in that group chat before the Robin Issue 5

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    So he made a cameo in latest nightwing issue.
    Just saying that Dick won in some competition in the Batfamily messenger group.

Guessing the timeline is

Robin issue 4 -> Robin Issue 5 -> Son of Kal-El -> Nightwing Issue 83.

Since I doubt Damian will be in that group chat before the Robin Issue 5
    BATFAMILY MESSENGER GROUP?? Damian is trying to avoid them.

Maybe that messenger group is something PRE-Robin
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-17-2021 at 12:27 PM.