Page 163 of 259 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3875
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    What do you mean?
    I never new how similar they are

Extraordinary Member

Robin 5 preview:

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/20/dc-preview-robin-5/

I like see Damian trolling Dick...

To pass to the 2ND ROUND everyone had to die... So to pass to the FINAL ROUND everyone(or all minus 1) should die a 2ND TIME too??

I think that Damian will die a 2nd time... To make the final against Connor more exciting.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-20-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Robin 5 preview:

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/20/dc-preview-robin-5/

I like see Damian trolling Dick...

To pass to the 2ND ROUND everyone had to die... So to pass to the FINAL ROUND everyone(or all minus 1) should die a 2ND TIME too??

I think that Damian will die a 2nd time... To make the final against Connor more exciting.
    Damian isn't trolling Dick he's talking to the audience.

To those fans who wonder who is robin and if he is getting a new code name.

He is THE Official Robin in a Robin book wearing an R. He is Robin and he will be Respected.

I hope Damian wins in the fight with Connor

Extraordinary Member

He is THE Official Robin in a Robin book wearing an R. He is Robin and he will be Respected.

It’s kinda been fine before becuase Tim was invisible but I see fuss in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Look at 'em! Look at all my Batchildren together again! So Beautiful!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Look at 'em! Look at all my Batchildren together again! So Beautiful!!!!
    Well, no Cass. But pretty close at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, no Cass. But pretty close at least.
    Do we know which of the Batkids are actually Batkids?

I know that Bruce is legally responsible for or legally the parent of Dick, jason, Tim and Damian.
    Duke has his uncle as a legal Guardian I recall from his mini.

What is Cass' status?

The R could mean Redbird too but.. The Comic is called ROBIN. So he can only be Robin here.

Same here. His last combat against him(november cover) looked like if he was losing.

Fantastic Member

With Mother Soul and her followers using some form of ancient magic, made me remember the time he used a magic wand against Gotham Girl in City of Bane.

You guys think Damian still have some magic wands to spare? More importantly, Damian is one of the Bat family members to somewhat use magic, albeit a magic item not doing magic ala Constantine or Zatanna.

Come to think of it, should Damian in some way learn more about magic?

There was an alternate earth where the gimmick was gender reverse, Damian was a girl and was in a team with female Klarion.
    Thinking of it, yeah Damian and Klarion team-up adventures in the main universe, yeah I dig that, like Stephanie and Klarion in the old Batgirl run.

Hope after the tournament arc it's just Damian going on adventures, maybe can be like Batman the Brave and the Bold. Damian teams up with characters in his crusading adventure.

Astonishing Member

Well, I guess they made it clear, that Tim needs to get something new.
    Hope after the tournament arc it's just Damian going on adventures, maybe can be like Batman the Brave and the Bold. Damian teams up with characters in his crusading adventure.
    His next arc is something to do with Gotham and Bruce, Williamson mentioned that.
    Maybe Damian will leave Gotham with him, though.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

One of the reasons because I prefer the other Robins.. Know that part of his fanbase hates Damian. and because I see Tim as the Smart Robin but nothing more attacts me from the character to became in his fan.

I never added a comment in his topic appreciation and I have been here for YEARS.
    The hate has long since gone down, but the annoyance comes from the fact that Tim keeps getting skills taken from him to service Damian or Jason or another character. He was considered the most detective like of the group but now Bruce says that Duke has that skill, Steph took his hacking, etc. Honestly there's not a lot of Damian hate in Tim's thread mor being upset that DC keeps screwing him over.

Now read his last appreciation page was depressing saying that this.. Bernand? Seems like one Male Steph.. As if the poor girl is not enough hated
    He pretty much seems to be a genderbent version of her, yeah, but likely he will be a villain or something. If not then were gonna have another Stephanie factor playing into him.

Someone made a TERRIBLE WORK... 2 Bens?? Why the Films one had not a different name? They just copied Luke son name.. Wow. Leia had a lot of children in that old universe.
    The reason they used it for Ben Solo was because its an easy name to give. Because Obi-wan is popular and it is dumb. Yup copy paste, might as well just done the old EU. Yes she did and a grand daughter too.

Maybe.... Jason fans felt like that when Tim replaced him because Jason days as Robin were short.. Making it even more unfair kill and replace him.
    As others have said, not as much but people were not happy he died. The issue with Damian was that rather than give Tim time to move to Red Robin Damian crashed in and was a whirlwind. I have to wonder, given Morrison, if I recall right, wanted Damian dead, thus leaving Tim as Robin for a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    They keep telling us that Tim is the smart Robin but Damian is smarter than Tim
    They keep telling us that Tim is the detective but Dick is far far superior Detective than Tim.
    Now Tim is the Bi Robin.
    Tim was supposed to be like Peter Parker. Smart and clever. He was a good detective and computer smart. Dick is good at investigating but Tim was supposed to be a more Holmes type to Dicks Poirot type. They were both supposed to excel at detective work but Tim was supposed to have a leg up on Dick with his computer skills.
    Yup, and I really don't want it to go the way of Iceman.

The Steph hate was from Tim/Kon shippers who hated her inclusion in YJ by Bendis especially. Now that they are no longer a couple that should ease up.
    Always wondered if Cass ever got the hate from them. Eh, it won't because if they can't hat Bernard, which they will, they will end up sending anger at her for nagging him over the break up.

It's natural for fans of a replaced character to hate on the replacement. In Tim's case because the character has been struggling for years now the resentment persists.
    Yup and Damian was getting a push Tim did not get. It would be nice if Tim was given some sort of push just to keep them equal in some ways.

Poor Jason...

.... Yes. I heard JARRO name recently(one article praising him) and I got angry.. Is just a STUPID small star.
    I think Jarro is meant to be a joke, a H.E.R.B.I.E. type character for "kids" (herbie is a robot that replaced Jonny in the Fantastic four cartoon due to fears kids would light themselves on fire.), and a maket toy like Baby Yoda. I don't think it's meant to be serious.

With Duke the reason because I hate him is Snyder fault.(better than robin, batman does not need a robin) I see him like one insult to all the Robins in general and..... SIGNAL? Again Snyder trying to say that Duke is "Special" compared with the other Robins?
    WHAT?? Tynion tried to replace Damian too??
    Snyder wanted to have a character that was different than the Robins we've had before and bring in more diverse characters. I don't think he's meant to be an insult to the Robins. Duke is meant to be special, but in the same way Jean Paul is.

... Anyway. I hate more the DAMIJONS than this people or their characters.. They only see him as one sexual object.
    Jon fans are more pissed that we lost supersons and the like with younger Jon over if Jon and Damian are a pair. Also welcome to the issue of TimKon shipping.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    As others have said, not as much but people were not happy he died. The issue with Damian was that rather than give Tim time to move to Red Robin Damian crashed in and was a whirlwind. I have to wonder, given Morrison, if I recall right, wanted Damian dead, thus leaving Tim as Robin for a bit longer.
    I've understood Morrison doesn't planned that Tim stopped to be Robin. As you mentioned, his plan was to kill Damian permanently.

It was editorial who decided that Tim should change identity. I guess they don't want two Robins at that time.

@ Darkspellmaster you are 1000% wrong

Damian and jason have never taken any skills or traits away from Tim.

tim on the other hand has borrowed from Dick, carrie and Damian

The world's 2nd Greatest dectective -from Dick
    Fanboy who sought out Batman -Carrie
    Robin who juggled a normal life with heroics -Carrie
    Robin who was adopted by Bruce -Jason
    Robin who saved Bruce from a Dark Time -Carrie and Dick
    Smart Kid who can take on adults - Dick
    Ra's interest -Damian and Dick
    Good with tech -Babs
    Batman's heir -Dick and Damian
    Half Asian - Damian
    Robin costume with tights -Dick
    African american skin tone - Duke
    Tim frim BTAS totally jacked no just Jason's personality but his origin and back story.

The hate/salt from tim fans still remain and festers to this day because as Jason and Damian's popularity has sky rocketed Tim has declined remarkably to a point where the character along with 3 other 90's fav's can't even carry a title [something Damian and Jason can do solo]

They are salty because Tim has declined so much that game makers and tv shows have to put him in Damian's skin just to trick casuals [the interest in GK's Robin nose dived once it was revealed that it was Tim not Damian as was previously assumed]

You might have considered Tim the detective but The only one that canon has ever called the 2nd greatest is Dick Grayson. The one in Canon who has the feats to back up the greatest detective aside from Bruce is Dick.

Lets just cut that fanon crap right now and put respect on the Robins on Dick Grayson who was pillaged so Tim Drake can stand. [what is it with fans tearing other characters down to prop up another?]

The Damian hate is still going strong not just on here but on other forums.

There is nothing that anyone has ever taken from Tim aside from a bo Staff.

Tim has gotten more chances than any of the bat boys it's just that he keeps failing or fans keep rejecting it.

Pre Flashpoint - he had the RR solo
    new 52 - DC kicked Terry out of his title for Tim -BB
    New 52 -DC gave Dick history of being a tT founder to Tim and gave him the TT book
    New 52- Tim had a lead role in BRE all the Robins did aside from Damian the actual Robin who only came on in the last few issues

Tim had 3 titles in new 52 while Damian had 1

Rebirth - Tynion screwed over Jason. Giving his starring role in tec [DC 2nd most circulated ongoing] to Tim
    Rebirth -Tim and his gen got YJ and were the face of Wonder comics DC teen imprint. They were given a huge name and a huge PR Push

Rebirth - Tim was the lead in Titans burning by Jurgens

Despite all that Tim is still declining and yet DC is still investing in him. No other Robin has ever gotten anything close to that kind of push or that many chances.

The thing with Tim drake fans is that they seem to lack awareness and are entitled as fuck.

They are the most pandered to out of all the Robins yet they keep calming that dC is screwing Tim over. Jason is far more popular yet Tim gets more push.

Damian is far more popular and sells more yet Dc keeps letting Tim fanboys undermine him for a character that doesn't have the sales or name recognition he has.

The Damian hate is real of course there's little Damian hate on the tim thread. That place was a ghost town until he was outed. However there are many threads started by Tim fans arguing that damian was better off dead

Tim's decline isn't due to lack of push or lack of chances.

It isn't because his skill's were given to anyone
    It isn't because he was screwed over.

Tim's decline is because more choices were added leading to increased competition.
    A lot of people seem to consider him dull and uninteresting even Tynion penned Tim who was brilliant at everything was a dud. skills sets and such aren't actually what makers a characters interesting.

Being the bestest doesn't mean jack.

Damian and Jason are more popular simply because more people prefer them that's all and Tim fans can die mad

Sorry for any mistakes. I typed this pissed now excuse me I've got to catch up on Williamsons Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I've understood Morrison doesn't planned that Tim stopped to be Robin. As you mentioned, his plan was to kill Damian permanently.

It was editorial who decided that Tim should change identity. I guess they don't want two Robins at that time.
    Editorial decided that Tim should change identities and that Duke was to be the new Robin.