Page 164 of 259 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3875

@ darkspellmaster do you know how long the RR solo ran for? WTf do you mean Tim wasn't given enough time to become RR? He was. More than enough Time was given.

Tim was given more time than Jason and Dick before so put it back in the can.

We discuss canon not fanon here.

FYI

Only one person here said that jason fans weren't pissed off so don't do that 'as some people here have said business
    one person said it and that one person wasn't reading comics back in the 80's when Jason was killed so they have no idea what it was like.

Morrison made provisions for Tim as did DC. Morrison gave him a key role in his run and he got a solo that had more than 20 issues. A decent amount of fans loved what was done with Tim in RR and to this day still lament that DC didn't keep up with the RR solo.

They did more than enough to move Tim on. They invested a lot in a character even when his sales no longer justified such investments
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-21-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    The hate has long since gone down, but the annoyance comes from the fact that Tim keeps getting skills taken from him to service Damian or Jason or another character. He was considered the most detective like of the group but now Bruce says that Duke has that skill, Steph took his hacking, etc. Honestly there's not a lot of Damian hate in Tim's thread mor being upset that DC keeps screwing him over.
    I see.. So is not only Damian who is "taking some Tim skills"..

Now read his last appreciation page was depressing saying that this.. Bernand? Seems like one Male Steph.. As if the poor girl is not enough hated
    Yeah... Is something sad. I was involved in one discussion about that.. Fortunately even if it was said that was a terrible ROBIN the persons who said that admitted that as Batgirl was Great and that Steph works well as Spoiler.

The reason they used it for Ben Solo was because its an easy name to give. Because Obi-wan is popular and it is dumb. Yup copy paste, might as well just done the old EU. Yes she did and a grand daughter too.
    Not surprised about it..

As others have said, not as much but people were not happy he died. The issue with Damian was that rather than give Tim time to move to Red Robin Damian crashed in and was a whirlwind. I have to wonder, given Morrison, if I recall right, wanted Damian dead, thus leaving Tim as Robin for a bit longer.
    Probably it was Morrison. I think that I heard that before.

I think Jarro is meant to be a joke, a H.E.R.B.I.E. type character for "kids" (herbie is a robot that replaced Jonny in the Fantastic four cartoon due to fears kids would light themselves on fire.), and a maket toy like Baby Yoda. I don't think it's meant to be serious.
    Maybe I overreacted. Is only a SMALL STAR. Without matter what Snyder makes that small star canīt turn in the new Harley..

Duke is meant to be special, but in the same way Jean Paul is.
    Jean Paul was BATMAN. Of course that is special

Jon fans are more pissed that we lost supersons and the like with younger Jon over if Jon and Damian are a pair. Also welcome to the issue of TimKon shipping.
    I am lost here.. Supersons is not still a comic?? Even if I left it after one Supervillain made Damian a grandpa(it was humiliating how the character was used after that.) I heard about that a lot about Supersons these years.. Like if DC has been releasing Volumes without stop.

Or you are saying that Jon fans(lets ignore that Damijon here) like Wonderwoman fans(with the origin) are pissed because their character was aged in a crazy way? Because is something that I can understand.. I am happy that Damian was not aged in a crazy way without reason.

Anyway to be fair.. Watch AquaLASS made me want to see Andy aged in the normal DC canon
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-21-2021 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I've understood Morrison doesn't planned that Tim stopped to be Robin. As you mentioned, his plan was to kill Damian permanently.
    We were lucky that he Failed here.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I see.. So is not only Damian who is "taking some Tim skills"..

Yeah... Is something sad. I was involved in one discussion about that.. Fortunately even if it was said that was a terrible ROBIN the persons who said that admitted that as Batgirl was Great and that Steph works well as Spoiler.

Not surprised about it..

Probably it was Morrison. I think that I heard that before.

Maybe I overreacted. Is only a SMALL STAR. Without matter what Snyder makes that small star canīt turn in the new Harley..

Jean Paul was BATMAN. Of course that is special

I am lost here.. Supersons is not still a comic?? Even if I left it after one Supervillain made Damian a grandpa(it was humiliating how the character was used after that.) I heard about that a lot about Supersons these years.. Like if DC has been releasing Volumes without stop.

Or you are saying that Jon fans(lets ignore that Damijon here) like Wonderwoman fans(with the origin) are pissed because their character was aged in a crazy way? Because is something that I can understand.. I am happy that Damian was not aged in a crazy way without reason.

Anyway to be fair.. Watch AquaLASS made me want to see Andy aged in the normal DC canon
    DC did release some Super Sons, but they're confined to a very small time frame of before the age-up. But the real kick in the crotch for Jon fans, is that we wanted to watch him grow as a character. The age-up stole that. Years worth of stories are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    DC did release some Super Sons, but they're confined to a very small time frame of before the age-up. But the real kick in the crotch for Jon fans, is that we wanted to watch him grow as a character. The age-up stole that. Years worth of stories are gone.
    I see...

I think that I heard that is DIDIO fault that Bendis had to make that with him.

I am grateful that his plans did not advanced more making Damian a villain..

Hmmm. Maybe I should BLAME DIDIO intentions to make Damian a Villain for that Terrible TTs run.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Tim has gotten more chances than any of the bat boys it's just that he keeps failing or fans keep rejecting it.

Pre Flashpoint - he had the RR solo
    new 52 - DC kicked Terry out of his title for Tim -BB
    New 52 -DC gave Dick history of being a tT founder to Tim and gave him the TT book
    New 52- Tim had a lead role in BRE all the Robins did aside from Damian the actual Robin who only came on in the last few issues

Tim had 3 titles in new 52 while Damian had 1

Rebirth - Tynion screwed over Jason. Giving his starring role in tec [DC 2nd most circulated ongoing] to Tim
    Rebirth -Tim and his gen got YJ and were the face of Wonder comics DC teen imprint. They were given a huge name and a huge PR Push

Rebirth - Tim was the lead in Titans burning by Jurgens

Despite all that Tim is still declining and yet DC is still investing in him. No other Robin has ever gotten anything close to that kind of push or that many chances.

The thing with Tim drake fans is that they seem to lack awareness and are entitled as ****.

They are the most pandered to out of all the Robins yet they keep calming that dC is screwing Tim over. Jason is far more popular yet Tim gets more push.

Damian is far more popular and sells more yet Dc keeps letting Tim fanboys undermine him for a character that doesn't have the sales or name recognition he has.

The Damian hate is real of course there's little Damian hate on the tim thread. That place was a ghost town until he was outed. However there are many threads started by Tim fans arguing that damian was better off dead

Tim's decline isn't due to lack of push or lack of chances.

It isn't because his skill's were given to anyone
    It isn't because he was screwed over.

Tim's decline is because more choices were added leading to increased competition.
    A lot of people seem to consider him dull and uninteresting even Tynion penned Tim who was brilliant at everything was a dud. skills sets and such aren't actually what makers a characters interesting.

Being the bestest doesn't mean jack.

Damian and Jason are more popular simply because more people prefer them that's all and Tim fans can die mad

Sorry for any mistakes. I typed this pissed now excuse me I've got to catch up on Williamsons Robin
    I canīt believe that I forgot this... Yeah it was REALLY WEIRD replace Terry for Tim during some time. Not saying that I hated it. I saw it until the end. Just that I saw it weird because the BB world is Terry timeline.

Yes. DC tried many things with him in the last years.

I gave him a chance in the past too but.... I decided that I liked more the other Robins(Included Steph that I consider a funny and positive character) and nothing changed my mind.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-21-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Robin who juggled a normal life with heroics -Carrie
    Not really, I mean she had a normal family, but she never did the "Peter Parker" thing.

Smart Kid who can take on adults - Dick
    That's something every Robin can.

Pre Flashpoint - he had the RR solo
    after he lost his Robin solo that was still doing OK after more than 180 issues.

New 52 -DC gave Dick history of being a tT founder to Tim and gave him the TT book
    But they also erased completly the history of Tim's incarnation of the Team. DC was basically just continuing with the Teen Titans line up the had before Flashpoint, while completely erasing the history of all incarnations of the team.

New 52- Tim had a lead role in BRE all the Robins did aside from Damian the actual Robin who only came on in the last few issues
    No he had pointless side plot along side Jason in the first half of the series, and was mostly used as jobber after wards. The actual leads were Dick, Harper and Cass.

Tim had 3 titles in new 52 while Damian had 1
    I would claim that Damian had two, Batman and Robin was (appart from the time when he was dead) at least as much his book as Batman's, and he had there at least as much page time as Tim in Teen Titans.

Rebirth - Tynion screwed over Jason. Giving his starring role in tec [DC 2nd most circulated ongoing] to Tim
    ??? I have never heared that Jason was supposed to have a staring role in TEC.

I saw these sketches in Roger Cruz Twitter.

He is one artist that will work in ROBIN ANNUAL 1. They look COOL. I hope that he uses this Costume during some years.

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...-2021-annual-1

Damian Wayne Robin sketches.jpg

Damian Wayne Robin sketches 2.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-21-2021 at 02:59 PM.

All-New Member

@ darkspellmaster do you know how long the RR solo ran for? WTf do you mean Tim wasn't given enough time to become RR? He was. More than enough Time was given.
    IMO its more of Tim fans refusing to move on of him being Robin, a lot want him to be Robin for eternity. Like a lot were happy when he became Robin again. Its like wanting your kid to be in school forever and never graduate.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryrun View Post
    IMO its more of Tim fans refusing to move on of him being Robin, a lot want him to be Robin for eternity. Like a lot were happy when he became Robin again. Its like wanting your kid to be in school forever and never graduate.
    I wonder why they DC donīt call him RED ROBIN again.. Surprised too that some fans are not interested in see their character evolve.

Anyway... Maybe while they decide Damian can change from ROBIN to REDBIRD for example.

Robin 2021 Damian Wayne costumes.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-22-2021 at 07:55 AM.

Well Tim as the Robin is more relevant than Tim as Red Robin.

I think the question is can character really change his codename without losing relevancy these days? Dick did it when comics were still moving forward so someone growing up and changing codename made sense. Jason was dead for a long time and he couldn't really go back to being Robin so DC was forced to come up with new identity and its not like Jason's fans had any alternatives, they were happy that he was back in the first place.

I don't think that Tim and Damian can move out of being Robin without losing something in the process. Unfortunately for Tim, and fortunately for us, DC will pick Damian over Tim most of the time.

I see.

Between 2 ROBINS and 2 SUPERBOYS I hope that DC learned a lesson a donīt create a 2ND Wondergirl too.. I think that TIM GENERATION is cursed somehow.

One Damian fanart with Flatline included:

Robin 2021 Damian Wayne Flatline.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-22-2021 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I see.

Between 2 ROBINS and 2 SUPERBOYS I hope that DC learned a lesson a donīt create a 2ND Wondergirl too.. I think that TIM GENERATION is cursed somehow.
    What? They already have a second Wonder Girl alongside Cassie, it's Yara Flor.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nš8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I thought that this character was only in Future State as Wonder Woman..

Yes. You are right. I visited DC wiki and is considered a Wondergirl in the present.. I feel bad for Cassie.

I was thinking more in for example one Wonderwoman "daughter"(like the Supersons case) that would be bad for Cassie but... It seems that DC made it without give one daughter to Diana. Tim generation is not really lucky these days.

Anyway.. No matter. When I feel bad for Tim his toxic fans ruin it.

These days with the Tim BI thing some Tim fans(in reddit) are pointing out DAMIAN as a better option("with more sense") to be Homo/Bi than their Tim. One of them after apologize for talk like that even said that Dick Grayson coming out would be cool(after mention Damian of course). Yeah. Every option is Cool as long as is not your character.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-22-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Second? Cassie isn't even the first Wonder Girl

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Second? Cassie isn't even the first Wonder Girl
    I'm talking about having two Wonder Girls at the same time, not that she was the first.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nš8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.