Page 166 of 259 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3875
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not really, I mean she had a normal family, but she never did the "Peter Parker" thing.

That's something every Robin can.

after he lost his Robin solo that was still doing OK after more than 180 issues.

But they also erased completly the history of Tim's incarnation of the Team. DC was basically just continuing with the Teen Titans line up the had before Flashpoint, while completely erasing the history of all incarnations of the team.

No he had pointless side plot along side Jason in the first half of the series, and was mostly used as jobber after wards. The actual leads were Dick, Harper and Cass.

I would claim that Damian had two, Batman and Robin was (appart from the time when he was dead) at least as much his book as Batman's, and he had there at least as much page time as Tim in Teen Titans.

??? I have never heared that Jason was supposed to have a staring role in TEC.
    That's a lot of words to not actually make one point that countered Dietrich's arguments.

Aahz what skills did Damian and Jason take from Tim?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Aahz what skills did Damian and Jason take from Tim?
    The whole Idea of tking skills is imo kind of dumb, since they all kind of need the same skill set it is simply a requirement to be robin to be a:
    - detective
    - gymnast
    - martial artist
    - hacker
    - team leader

Extraordinary Member

What excuses did his Batman beyond and YJ book have then? Stop blaming the books.
    Batman Beyond Tim was about as recognizable as Tim as Batman "Ian Wayne" was as Damian.

Extraordinary Member

Outside media Tim had
    2 Arkham Games
    multiple lego Games
    The Unlimited internet series
    The unlimited movie series
    BTAS which is always on repeat
    The lego movies
    2 seasons of YJ

[not counting his d2v movies]

Damian had
    Injustice
    Son of Batman
    BVR
    2 Tt movies and JL AW
    the unlimited movies
    acouple of lego movies
    Batman/Turtles movie
    There is kind of difference between being frequently background character and being the main character in several movies.

The only version of Tim that really got any story focus in outside media is the old BTAS version, and that version was basically Jason with Tim's name.

Extraordinary Member

The whole Idea of tking skills is imo kind of dumb, since they all kind of need the same skill set it is simply a requirement to be robin to be a:
    - detective
    - gymnast
    - martial artist
    - hacker
    - team leader
    They don’t all need to have the same skills, in fact they don’t. Their not clones .

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yara isn't only considered Wonder Girl in the present. She currently has a solo (which Cassie never has).
    Poor Cassie.

They are really pushing Yara for her Wonderwoman role in Future State.

That's true. They could try to justify that another character makes "more sense", but they just don't want their favorite character to be gay or bi.
    Happy that the other person in that discussion understood it. Trying to say that he did not hated Gay people(while he was choosing others) made that Tim fan only ruining himself even more(in the other fan eyes) pointing others and not shutting up and leaving the conversation.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-23-2021 at 01:51 AM.

- detective
    - gymnast
    - martial artist
    - hacker
    - team leader
    so none.

It's good to hear someone who likes Tim more than me admit that.

Also All those skill originate from Dick and Babs so if anyone was stolen from it's those two not Tim
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 08-23-2021 at 02:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They don’t all need to have the same skills, in fact they don’t.
    To a degree they have, since they are all fight crime in a similar way.

I think that overall personality, history, support cast ... are more important than skills, at least for their solo books or their team books outside of the Batman franchise (Titans, Young Justice, Outlaws ...). The differnces in skills are only really important when it comes to team ups and even than it doesn't really matter that much.
    Unless the writer wants to really hammer that one of them is way more awesom than the rest, but that's imo not particularly way of writing them in the first place.

There is kind of difference between being frequently background character and being the main character in several movies.

The only version of Tim that really got any story focus in outside media is the old BTAS version, and that version was basically Jason with Tim's name.
    What are you talking about? The unlimited Tim got focus, Arkham Tim got focus, Lego tim got focus when there are multiple games where fans can play as tim that isn't a back ground character and those games have a far greater audience than the movies with Damian just looking at the numbers they sell.

My interest in Tim might have declined but I know how many times i've played him in the lego games not to mention the Arkham games.

the problem seems to be that of forgetfulness fans of the character seem top forget the things his been in.

A movie that you watch once doesn't compare to a game that takes time to complete. Tim has been in media that requires the user to engage repeatedly so nope he hasn't been neglected in outside media

It seems to me that some fans have ridiculous expectations for Tim.

Tim isn't Robin. he isn't Nightwing, Harley, Batgirl or joker.

It isn't the 90's when the batfamily had less people.
    To expect Tim to enjoy the prominence he once enjoyed is ridiculous.

Tim has never been out of publication, he has never been shelved. Infact DC has keep out long standing favourites to favour Tim so lets stop acting like he gets screwed or has been maltreated he hasn't.

Dc has made some poor choices with tim but DC has made poor choices with every character even characters that are bigger than Tim. it happens

Batman Beyond Tim was about as recognizable as Tim as Batman "Ian Wayne" was as Damian.
    In your opinion. There are threads on this very site where longtime Tim fans express views that are contrary to yours.

Rebirth YJ was also praised as the return of the real Tim alongside 3 other 90's fan favs. neither set the charts on fire.

Extraordinary Member

Also All those skill originate from Dick and Babs so if anyone was stolen from it's those two not Tim
    I would claim they originated with Bruce.

Btw. I'm not even sure Barbara was even the first Bat Character who did computer hacking, even if she is the one who ist most know for it. Tim did it allready quite early in his run. So roughly arround the time Barbara became oracle and way before she got popular in that orle and they labled her "as the world greatest hacker ever".

I would claim they originated with Bruce.

Btw. I'm not even sure Barbara was even the first Bat Character who did computer hacking, even if she is the one who ist most know for it. Tim did it allready quite early in his run. So roughly arround the time Barbara became oracle and way before she got popular in that orle and they labled her "as the world greatest hacker ever".
    the point is they didn't come from Tim end of!

Extraordinary Member

What are you talking about? The unlimited Tim got focus, Arkham Tim got focus, Lego tim got focus when there are multiple games where fans can play as tim that isn't a back ground character and those games have a far greater audience than the movies with Damian just looking at the numbers they sell.
    Did he had any charcter developent there?
    Did they go in anyway in his character history?
    Did his role go in any way beyond being a generic Robin?
    Was he in anyway important for the story, or was it even centered on him?

I haven't played the games or seen all the movies, but I'm pretty sure the aswer is No is all cases. And that is not focus imo, that's just him being there.

Fans are forgetful when it comes to tim.

WE can easily track when writers started twisting the keen eager to please kid into a genius detective hacker. 3 things that were not present in his early days.

No Robins took anything from Tim. The other way round is the case.

Bruce saying what he said about Duke in Secret files is acceptable since that doesn't contradict anything that comes before and isn't something he can say about the rest [none of them are meta humans]

Tim's problem isn't anything to do with his skillset.

Bland, Boring, uninteresting, spare, pointless and redundant are words often used to describe Tim. Unskilled isn't a thing associated with tim rather we are constantly told how great he is.

Tim's problem is much more than skills. He needs a hook.
    Lets hope his least one gimmick works