Page 167 of 259 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Did he had any charcter developent there?
    Did they go in anyway in his character history?
    Did his role go in any way beyond being a generic Robin?
    Was he in anyway important for the story, or was it even centered on him?

I haven't played the games or seen all the movies, but I'm pretty sure the aswer is No is all cases. And that is not focus imo, that's just him being there.
    Tim IS the generic Robin. That was exactly what he was created to be.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Did he had any charcter developent there?
    Did they go in anyway in his character history?
    Did his role go in any way beyond being a generic Robin?
    Was he in anyway important for the story, or was it even centered on him?

I haven't played the games or seen all the movies, but I'm pretty sure the aswer is No is all cases. And that is not focus imo, that's just him being there.
    Maybe you should check out the material before you start critiquing Tim's use in them.

Tim does do more generic Robin stuff, his relationship with Dick does get some focus in one of the movies

On the lego games he gets quite a lot [missions] to do.

He plays important roles in some of the lego gotham movies [not the lead of course since that is batman's]
    There's a few unlimited shots focused on him

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tim's problem is much more than skills. He needs a hook.
    Lets hope his least one gimmick works
    Dick was the Boy Wonder. That alone is enough. Holy Gimmick Batman.

Jason was the Robin fans killed but returned then the fans love because of him being a villain to the Batfamily when he returned. Remember the time when he stripped Dick and Damian naked and almost exposed them to Gotham? Yep, man Pre-New 52 Jason was a wild ride. Now he's the Red Hood.

Damian punches his way to the Batfamily. We all know what happened afterwards, and his gimmick is.

If there's one thing Tim did right was that his Robin outfit removed the short shorts.

He was supposed to be one who was normal, no tragic backstory, but just a kid who had a sense of justice in him.
    That's what I took from Tim.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tim IS the generic Robin. That was exactly what he was created to be.
    Not more than Dick or pre crisis Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Maybe you should check out the material before you start critiquing Tim's use in them.

Tim does do more generic Robin stuff, his relationship with Dick does get some focus in one of the movies

On the lego games he gets quite a lot [missions] to do.

He plays important roles in some of the lego gotham movies [not the lead of course since that is batman's]
    There's a few unlimited shots focused on him
    I have seen most of the movies (including all that aren't Lego) and im at least roughly awaer of the story of the Arkham Games. Lego Games have not really been on my radar sofar.

In can't think of any where he really got character develpoment or was important to the story.

Fantastic Member

Not more than Dick or pre crisis Jason.
    Can't be a generic Robin if you founded the role, Dick's outing as Robin back in the day was...sidekick. Man was the side kick of Batman, you can't be generic Robin if you started the role. He was the first, the student, the boy who solved all those riddles from the Riddler, and the reason why there are gay Batman and Robin jokes.

Man he was kicked out of being Robin just because he was shot by the joker, in the arm. Got pissed off at Bruce and confronted him about it when he learned of Jason.

Jason on the other hand, yeah he came out short which led to his death by the fans.

Which sets the stage for Tim Drake to enter, Bruce was a grieving over Jason's death, begged Nightwing to come back, reluctantly he did but not as Robin. Then Tim Drake entered, got his iconic Robin outfit, and became the new side kick of Batman. Until he made the Robin name more of an independent hero. Can't take that away from Tim, he made the Robin name somewhat independent rather than sidekick.

Anyway, can we stop talking about Tim?

The upcoming Robin issue 5 is almost here, and I'm pretty sure we all don't this thread to be talking about Tim when the latest issue comes up.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

The whole Idea of tking skills is imo kind of dumb, since they all kind of need the same skill set it is simply a requirement to be robin to be a:
    - detective
    - gymnast
    - martial artist
    - hacker
    - team leader
    Those are skills that came from Batman's training. So yeah all Robins and Batkids mostly have all of it. But skills that came from character's origin are something that can't be shared. No Robin should claim that they are better in acrobat than Dick. No Robin should claim that they are better at swordfighting or assassin technique than Damian. No other Batkids should claim that they are better at body language than Cass. Even Jason can be said that he is most familiar with guns because of his past as Gotham street child. Those are skills that was latched to them since childhood before Batman entered the picture and made each Batkids unique from each other.

That's why origin is important, but I don't know why every Tim adaptation always screwed his origin

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post

The upcoming Robin issue 5 is almost here, and I'm pretty sure we all don't this thread to be talking about Tim when the latest issue comes up.
    Or maybe we will be talking about Tim too. All the ROBINS will be here tomorrow. The 5 Robins in ROBIN 5.

JUST Joking. Is Damian comic.. We should focus in him.

New GLEB image posted 1 hour ago.

Robin 2021 Damian Wayne Rose Willson.jpg

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

It's pretty but I got some questions....

1. Clearly we're setting up for a Ravager fight against, shoot what's his name, the guy that killed her, him, so is she going to be the one talking in the box thus why they have it close to her?

2. Is that supposed to Be Flatline holding the heart? Why not show all of her or is it just the heart ripping that is significant?

3. Shadow Conner Hawk, why? Unless he's hiding something (Turns out dude is a monk and he's actually trying to stop it and threw Damian off to save him under Ra's orders or something like that).

4. Who is the guy facing Rose and looking at the reader? It's not flatline, but it doesn't quiet look like Damian.

5. Damian channeling some extra Gendo Ikari with the hands there, what exactly is he looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    It's pretty but I got some questions....
    1. Respawn. Yes he killed her.

2. Watching the gauntlets and jacket is should be her. Maybe the illustrator added her in the last moment.

3. Make his face like that made the illustrator end more easily.

4. XXL or something like this. That boy that Rose described as someone more arrogant than Damian.

5. Who knows? But watching this.. I think that is one Scene with someone talking about this tournament fighters and they appeared like this.

Astonishing Member

Damn, that Damian and Dick scene in latest issue... Just wow.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Damn, that Damian and Dick scene in latest issue... Just wow.
    I agree. It was beautiful.

Jeez I forgot it was out

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

This is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Dick was the Boy Wonder. That alone is enough. Holy Gimmick Batman.

Jason was the Robin fans killed but returned then the fans love because of him being a villain to the Batfamily when he returned. Remember the time when he stripped Dick and Damian naked and almost exposed them to Gotham? Yep, man Pre-New 52 Jason was a wild ride. Now he's the Red Hood.

Damian punches his way to the Batfamily. We all know what happened afterwards, and his gimmick is.

If there's one thing Tim did right was that his Robin outfit removed the short shorts.

He was supposed to be one who was normal, no tragic backstory, but just a kid who had a sense of justice in him.
    That's what I took from Tim.
    The Robin suit that removed the leotards was Dick's for the Burton movies that was handed down to Tim.

Yeah tim was designed to be the perfect insert for the audience. He was the everyman and was supposed to be the most relatable back when most relatable meant middle class white boy from the burbs