Page 18 of 259 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Grant did die but there are a few unknown people revived at the end of Death Metal

Nightwing's old villains.
    Blond guy's Tad, Nightwing fanboy who became Nite-Wing.
    White mask woman is Lady Vic, an assassin.

Blue girl is a new character is called Flatline

Severed = cut
    FLAT-LINE?? WTF... First I heard about one PUNCH-LINE and now this? lol

Yeah. I recognized them in another topic thanks to one user comments..

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So he should be the same age as Tim ?
    Steph is 19 now so Tim should be 18. Not official yet though.

Also in April, Jorge Jimenez is doing a Batman and Robin story in Batman Black & White!

• Superstar Batman artist Jorge Jimenez writes and illustrates a story starring Bruce and Damian Wayne as they try to prepare for a sting operation as Batman and Robin, with Damian questioning Bruce's methods every step of the way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Also in April, Jorge Jimenez is doing a Batman and Robin story in Batman Black & White!
    Batman and Robin
    The dynamic duo is back

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Batman and Robin
    The dynamic duo is back
    If we could replace Bruce for Dick it would be PERFECT.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    If we could replace Bruce for Dick it would be PERFECT.
    Na Damian and Dick have plenty of team ups. It's better if it's Bruce and Damian though this looks like it's following Tomasi's B&R which isn't really a Dynamic duo teaming up working together.

I fear from the solicits that Jorge might not know Damian's character well ... sigh

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    3 Damian stories in April. I must be dreaming.

I wonder was this what glass meant when he said the mandate to remove Damian from Robin was one step back two steps forward?

He did urge readers to wait and see where the story goes.

Lol at Damian fans.

This tweet from Gleb

'guys, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but please, don't dm us your storyline ideas, it doesn't work that way'

https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...04074533642242

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I wonder was this what glass meant when he said the mandate to remove Damian from Robin was one step back two steps forward?

Well, with Didio and 5G gone, plans my have changed.

I don't think that what we'll be seeing in March and April is what Glass was aiming for with his story, as Frontier already pointed out this was all supposed to lead to 5G.

There was already a difference in directions between what Glass wrote and what Thompson wrote, Thompson made Damian kill again, but also tried to (belatedly) explain Damian's actions with what happened with Dick and Alfred, events that Glass simply ignored. Also, Damian was originally not even supposed to be in Thompson's run, the original plan was for Damian to leave after Djinn War before they changed plans and put the second annual after issue #44. We don't know how much Glass was involved in those changes to the plan, perhaps he was even excluded completely.

Tomasi's arc in Detective Comics was mostly damage control. What Damian did in TT was kept pretty vague and the focus was on Damian punching Bruce in the face, quitting as Robin and feeling sad about Alfred. The more controversial and unpopular parts of Teen Titans got swept under the rug. Damian was almost back to normal, didn't try to kill anybody and kinda made up with Bruce by the end of the arc.
    And now we're getting a new Robin ongoing (plus Damian wearing the R again) after only one arc where he wasn't Robin, but helped Bruce with Hush, so he was kinda acting in that position anyway.
    Together with Williamson openly stating that he wants to put Damian back on the heroes journey all of this looks to me like DC wants to put Teen Titans and Damian quitting as Robin behind them fast.

Damian back as Robin is good. The new suit is different, and I don't hate it. Just will take time to put it with the title "Robin". At least one thing is going to be good post-Future State, aside from Super Sons. Even sweeping the last arc or so of Teen Titans under the rug works for me (I stopped with the end of Djinn War anyway).

Speaking of Super Sons; just need to get a certain half-Kryptonian back to the right age and I'll be more relaxed about the future of DC.

Considering it doesn't fit with Didio's typical, depression inducing, Zack Snyder-esque vision for the DC Universe, I doubt it. Everything that's happened with Damian after he left the Titans feels like full on damage control. Especially with Tomasi kinda...sweeping most of his misdeeds under the rug and continuing that nonsense Thompson started about how he's just acting out because Alfred died. Even though Damian was going down this road WELL before Alfred's death.

I'm happy Damian is recovering but I'm still not happy that they seem to be ignoring most of what he'd done and trivialized his falling out with Bruce into teen angst over his grandpa's death. That doesn't really do him any favors.

Kinda hoping Williamson doesn't continue that trend. I don't like mistakes being fixed by acting like they didn't happen. Acknowledge they happened and make the character learn from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Speaking of Super Sons; just need to get a certain half-Kryptonian back to the right age and I'll be more relaxed about the future of DC.
    You probably won't be relaxing anytime soon. Damian may have recovered from Didio's reign but Jon's pretty much a lost cause at this point. Maybe the new writer can make something good out of who we have now. Who knows? I don't really care enough to find out. The Superboy you and I are waiting for is basically dead.
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-16-2021 at 06:10 PM.

Really excited for the first arc, love the whole tournament aspect. Can't wait to see who will all be competing. Hopefully we get some new, interesting, and fun characters out of the gate. Long due Damian got his own personal enemies. Hopefully he smokes the competition