Page 182 of 259 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3875
    Astonishing Member

If they want to attract DamiRae shippers (which is highly unlikely), I doubt they would make it in the book about Raven and Beast Boy.
    Probably the reason is simple - they once again want to push Damian harder, and asked to add him there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by delaviux View Post
    It's Starfire guys. That's why fans speculated that the authors wanted to use Dick as Robin.
    I knew it was Starfire, since they mentioned Dick's personality.

Regarding personality, this Damian would likely be similar to Robin in Teen Titans 2003 animation.

Although that Robin is Dick Grayson, his personality is more similar to Dick Grayson in Mark Wolfman's NTT. So, he wouldn't be so contradictory with Damian in personality.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-11-2021 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If they want to attract DamiRae shippers (which is highly unlikely), I doubt they would make it in the book about Raven and Beast Boy.
    Probably the reason is simple - they once again want to push Damian harder, and asked to add him there.
    I feel like if Damian has enough with what he has...

Anyway. I desire to him good luck and any kind o shipping in that book.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-11-2021 at 08:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by delaviux View Post
    It's Starfire guys. That's why fans speculated that the authors wanted to use Dick as Robin.
    Jesus why, she like 14 years older than him

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Not in the book they're making she isn't. They wanted to use Dick, were told no Robin is Damian, and for their purposes a Robin is a Robin for the Robin x Starfire thing. So Damian is going to be Dick in all but name only, in personality, love interest, and yes age. Because he can be here because out of continuity.

Not in that universe. This is an ageup Damian and as far as can be deduced they are about the same age.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Yes, the Damirae shippers have always hated these graphic novels and they make no secret of it. Whatever the reason they used Damian, it's not because of them.

A bit surprising they would ban Dick from being used in an out of continuity OGN where it is clearly inspired by the Teen Titans cartoon. I guess they have done this a few times in the past with Robin. It is one of those weird things were a DC is very picky about how they can use the character. The Jason/Tim situation for the BTAS was already mentioned, and then they also didn't want Dick to be in Justice League United because he was appearing as Robin in the TT cartoon. I wonder if there is some quota where they don't want a Dick appearing as Robin more than the current Robin (Damian) in other projects. So this was one of those projects where they ruled it had to be Damian and not Dick. No idea.

This is one of those situations where Dick giving up the Robin identity originally I think hurts him. Since Nightwing will never be what Robin is as a brand probably. It's worked out great for DC with them now having so many Robin characters they can use from Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian, but for Dick's individual character it has caused the Robin identity to be diffused quite a bit where a DC feels like they can just replace Dick with Damian and use Dick's history for him. I kind of feel like this is going to happen more and more the longer Dick is removed from being Robin originally. We are approaching 40 years soon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not in the book they're making she isn't. They wanted to use Dick, were told no Robin is Damian, and for their purposes a Robin is a Robin for the Robin x Starfire thing. So Damian is going to be Dick in all but name only, in personality, love interest, and yes age. Because he can be here because out of continuity.
    I still don’t get why, be more compelling to just will they won’t they with Damian and Gar

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    A bit surprising they would ban Dick from being used in an out of continuity OGN where it is clearly inspired by the Teen Titans cartoon. I guess they have done this a few times in the past with Robin. It is one of those weird things were a DC is very picky about how they can use the character. The Jason/Tim situation for the BTAS was already mentioned, and then they also didn't want Dick to be in Justice League United because he was appearing as Robin in the TT cartoon. I wonder if there is some quota where they don't want a Dick appearing as Robin more than the current Robin (Damian) in other projects. So this was one of those projects where they ruled it had to be Damian and not Dick. No idea.

This is one of those situations where Dick giving up the Robin identity originally I think hurts him. Since Nightwing will never be what Robin is as a brand probably. It's worked out great for DC with them now having so many Robin characters they can use from Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian, but for Dick's individual character it has caused the Robin identity to be diffused quite a bit where a DC feels like they can just replace Dick with Damian and use Dick's history for him. I kind of feel like this is going to happen more and more the longer Dick is removed from being Robin originally. We are approaching 40 years soon.
    I don’t belive that he is slowly creeping in a direction that makes him a brand, now that diddo is out of the way

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    A bit surprising they would ban Dick from being used in an out of continuity OGN where it is clearly inspired by the Teen Titans cartoon.
    Although the Robin from Teen Titans certainly took elements from Dick, he was pretty clearly a composite character - his personality was much closer to Tim's, for example.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Although the Robin from Teen Titans certainly took elements from Dick, he was pretty clearly a composite character - his personality was much closer to Tim's, for example.
    How ? In what way and please don’t say the bow staff

I still don’t get why, be more compelling to just will they won’t they with Damian and Gar
    Because they want to do the whole Teen Titans and want Robin and Starfire ala the cartoon. It's not that complicated, some comic fans just don't like that Damian is subbing for Dick's role, but that's not really fair on the writer's. Blame DC's weird character rules or whatever.

Spectacular Member

How ? In what way and please don’t say the bow staff
    Dick Grayson is fun-loving, chatty, wholesome guy, with a permanent smile on his face. Tim Drake is stoic, quieter, more introverted, prone to obsession, and focused on intellectual pursuits. I love them both as characters, but Teen Titans's Robin was much closer to Tim personality-wise, though as I said, he did have plenty of Dick Grayson elements.

I don't think the bow staff or any design choice have anything to do with it.

Extraordinary Member

Dick Grayson is fun-loving, chatty, wholesome guy, with a permanent smile on his face. Tim Drake is stoic, quieter, more introverted, prone to obsession, and focused on intellectual pursuits. I love them both as characters, but Teen Titans's Robin was much closer to Tim personality-wise, though as I said, he did have plenty of Dick Grayson elements.

I don't think the bow staff or any design choice have anything to do with it.
    He was not always like especially during the new teen titans
    He could be a real sourpuss most days

The true fun dick is either his Robin days year one Nightwing into Dixon era

Outside the costume and staff I don't think he was much like Tim. There were similarities of course, but Robin's personality in the cartoon was more like Dick from the NTT era of comics who was written a lot more seriously back then. He was a lot like Cyclops from the X-Men. Because the NTT team had characters like Wally and Gar on it to take up the comedic role Dick kind of became the more serious leader. This was the era of stories like Who is Donna Troy? where Dick was a lot more analytical as well.