Page 192 of 259 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3875
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    He was amnesia. Their only confrontation Post Flashpoint as far as I remember was Lazarus Contract, both present and flashback.
    Even then Robin was showing the most animosity directly for slade due to previous run ins.
    This followed up in Teen Titans , then again batman vs deathstroke

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Even then Robin was showing the most animosity directly for slade due to previous run ins.
    This followed up in Teen Titans , then again batman vs deathstroke
    Priest himself wrote that he wanted both Dick and Damian in his Defiance team. Also, he said that he had a kind of editorial mandate to use Damian instead of Dick in his run.
    Still, he wrote about the deal between Dick and Slade, and showed us Dick training Rose.
    DiDio did everything he could (even with Tim, back then) to made meaningless their rivalry and putting Damian instead of Dick, but in others media things were different.
    Tynion acknowledging their rivalry again in comics can be a sign that things will be different after Infinite Frontier.

Also, in Titans: Future State Dick has Deathstroke mask, and the dialogues between him and Kori made clear that they're going to meet again and probably work together, probably in Teen Titans Academy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Priest himself wrote that he wanted both Dick and Damian in his Defiance team. Also, he said that he had a kind of editorial mandate to use Damian instead of Dick in his run.
    Still, he wrote about the deal between Dick and Slade, and showed us Dick training Rose.
    DiDio did everything he could (even with Tim, back then) to made meaningless their rivalry and putting Damian instead of Dick, but in others media things were different.
    Tynion acknowledging their rivalry again in comics can be a sign that things will be different after Infinite Frontier.

Also, in Titans: Future State Dick has Deathstroke mask, and the dialogues between him and Kori made clear that they're going to meet again and probably work together, probably in Teen Titans Academy

It is what it is.
    Glad they didn’t end up in defiance. Did the editorial mandate include the films too. It’s not so much their rivalry made meaningless but For Deathstroke to elevate himself to A status meant him going after the big bad bat instead. The only persona he bothered more then Damian was Bruce.

Teen titans academy is awfully, and with Sheridan leaving who knows what direction it will go in.

It is what it is.
    Glad they didn’t end up in defiance. Did the editorial mandate include the films too. It’s not so much their rivalry made meaningless but For Deathstroke to elevate himself to A status meant him going after the big bad bat instead. The only persona he bothered more then Damian was Bruce.

Teen titans academy is awfully, and with Sheridan leaving who knows what direction it will go in.
    Ok, if you think Deathstroke is elevating himself, that's it.

I was just pointing out what really happened, 'cause you said he didn't bother Dick for ten years, but I think stealing money still counts as bothering and being animous, you know. Also, making a deal and choosing him to train your daughter has to mean something.

I get you don't like Teen Titans Academy, but this doesn't change what already happened in Future State.
    I don't like DCAU, but I don't erase it just to prove my point.
    And in Lazarus Contract Slade was what he is, a Titans enemy, not a Damian's villain.

Still, you forgot others media, like TV series, live action or not, where Slade is still a Titans villain (even in Young Justice he is working against the Team), as he was in The Judas Contract movie, Titans, and even Teen Titans Go! (but I bet you don't like it, so it doesn't count).

That said, do you think he is better as a Batman's villain? Good for you. But this doesn't change who Slade really is.
    Last edited by L.H.; 09-27-2021 at 02:08 AM.

No Priest himself never said either of those.

What he said was that Damian was off limits due to editorial being worried that he was becoming over exposed. That was why he couldn't use Damian in Defiance [this was also echo by Orlando]

He said he had to fight to be allowed to use Damian at all with various pitches rejected.

He said he was was forced to change his draft of Judas contract a few times because editorial wasn't happy with his Damian.

he said some derogatory things about Dick. Said he was boring and white bread.

It was nothing to do with Didio
    It was nothing to do with an editorial mandate that forced him to use Damian and not include Dick. The opposite is actually true.

Priest was obsessed with Damian and had no interest in Dick. Editorial had to reign him in and keep him away from Damian

At the time when Judas contract came out we discussed his thoughts on Nightwing extensively on this very site. and on Priest's blog

https://lamerciepark.com/wp/

The above blog is Priest's personal Blog that detail everything about his Deathstroke run and more. He goes into detail on Dick, Damian as Characters
    his Plans for Defiance and why he couldn't have Damian in on the team
    He talks about Judas contract and he also talks about the restrictions and ban that editorial put on using Damian.

It's the source of all the information coted in this comment.

Fans having been using didio as a fall guy and scapegoat for time now. The dude had nothing to do with this.

I was just pointing out what really happened, 'cause you said he didn't bother Dick for ten years, but I think stealing money still counts as bothering and being animous, you know. Also, making a deal and choosing him to train your daughter has to mean something.

I get you don't like Teen Titans Academy, but this doesn't change what already happened in Future State.
    And in Lazarus Contract Slade was what he is, a Titans enemy, not a Damian's villain.

Still, you forgot others media, like TV series, live action or not, where Slade is still a Titans villain (even in Young Justice he is working against the Team), as he was in The Judas Contract movie, Titans, and even Teen Titans Go! (but I bet you don't like it, so it doesn't count).

That said, do you think he is better as a Batman's villain? Good for you. But this doesn't change who Slade really is.
    My guy that isn't what happened. You are making assumptions. Incorrect assumptions. We know for fact what happened [at least for the time period when Priest was on deathstroke] he told us.

There has been this trend of having Slade arch Bruce and Damian since before Son of Batman [in Damian's case]

I will admit that I enjoy their interactions and dynamic however as a Dick Grayson fan whose upset at writers giving away all his decent foes [Raptor, Pyg, COO etc] I'd rather Slade be left arching Dick and the Titans. His OG foes
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-27-2021 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    My guy that isn't what happened. You are making assumptions. Incorrect assumptions. We know for fact what happened [at least for the time period when Priest was on deathstroke] he told us
    What didn't happened? I get I can misremember what Priest wrote, and I apologize about that, but Batman Secret Files #3 still happened, Dick training Rose happened in Priest's Deathstroke, as much as Future State and Lazarus Contract.

So DiDio wasn't the one who planned New52? Erasing the Titans from history?
    Last edited by L.H.; 09-27-2021 at 03:19 AM.

Incredible Member

What didn't happened? I get I can misremember what Priest wrote, and I apologize about ithat, but Batman Secret Files #3 still happened, Dick training Rose happened in Priest's Deathstroke, as much as Future State and Lazarus Contract.

It was Higgins who wanted to do a Nightwing-Deathstroke crossover -
    https://www.cbr.com/higgins-takes-ni...-to-his-roots/

I also think that lately it seems like the Nightwing-Deathstroke connection became a thing again.
    Dick wore Deathstroke's mask in future state and was accused of sounding and behaving like him. In the present TTA, Dick's past as Red X and his fight with Deathstroke is now canon, and the fact that Deathstroke agreed to go to Gotham just to get Nightwing's share of the money suggests that they have a past rivalry.

All those things kind of add up. They didn't even meet lately, but all those references remind us that the rivalry/connection is there.

It makes sense that if Priest didn't like Dick, their relationship wasn't really explored as long as he got to wrote Deathstroke, but now with Williamson, we may see more of it.
    Last edited by Lal; 09-27-2021 at 03:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I was just pointing out what really happened, 'cause you said he didn't bother Dick for ten years, but I think stealing money still counts as bothering and being animus, you know. Also, making a deal and choosing him to train your daughter has to mean something.

Well If Dick was Rick then its not truly an interaction, he never approached him did he. Their last interaction of any meaning was lazarus contract.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...oke-Archrivals I made a thread few years ago that compiled all there interactions over the last decade.

Yes Deathroke did have nightwing work with rose but that's a story from before new52. Future state is subject change, nothing is set in stone with that. Deathstroke has yet to appear or prove any connection to the current redX. I am not erasing anything, I just saying nothing has come to fruition. Did slade himself appear in that future state issue?

As far as other media goes, Slade was more focused on Damian in his two appearances then he was dick Grayson. They let Damian defeat slade whereas, he mocked and brushed grayson aside. Titans did have a great portrayal of the terminator, they got his madness just right, I love the show but the route it took to get Dick to nightwing for the final battle with Slade gave me a headache,

Its not about what I like it about what happened. I know when we think of Nightwing's rouges gallery the first one we want to name is Deathstroke, but the truth is they dont interact enough. He is either the protagonist of his own story or he's an antagonist for bruce and as of the last decade Damian. He has more or less ascended as breakout chracter leaving most of the titans in the dust. He is once again about to get his own book. Perhaps the titans or Nightwing will appear. I doubt it. Deathstorke had a whole series where he just fought A listers in the DCuniverse, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Harley Quinn even RedHood, but not Nightwing.

Mabey that will change in the future but for now , it is what it is.

Incredible Member

Well If Dick was Rick then its not truly an interaction, he never approached him did he. Their last interaction of any meaning was lazarus contract.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...oke-Archrivals I made a thread few years ago that compiled all there interactions over the last decade.

Yes Deathroke did have nightwing work with rose but that's a story from before new52. Future state is subject change, nothing is set in stone with that. Deathstroke has yet to appear or prove any connection to the current redX. I am not erasing anything, I just saying nothing has come to fruition. Did slade himself appear in that future state issue?

As far as other media goes, Slade was more focused on Damian in his two appearances then he was dick Grayson. They let Damian defeat slade whereas, he mocked and brushed grayson aside. Titans did have a great portrayal of the terminator, they got his madness just right, I love the show but the route it took to get Dick to nightwing for the final battle with Slade gave me a headache,

Its not about what I like it about what happened. I know when we think of Nightwing's rouges gallery the first one we want to name is Deathstroke, but the truth is they dont interact enough. He is either the protagonist of his own story or he's an antagonist for bruce and as of the last decade Damian. He has more or less ascended as breakout chracter leaving most of the titans in the dust. He is once again about to get his own book. Perhaps the titans or Nightwing will appear. I doubt it. Deathstorke had a whole series where he just fought A listers in the DCuniverse, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Harley Quinn even RedHood, but not Nightwing.
    Mabey that will change in the future but for now , it is what it is.
    There's no doubt that the Damian-Deathstroke connection was highly emphasized during the Rebirth era, but I think we also see now an acknowledgment of the Nightwing-Deathstroke rivalry as well.

The Dick-Deathstoke connection when Dick was Red X was recently confirmed in TTA 1 (not future state), so it's now canon.
    So now they have history both when Nightwing was Red X and when he was Renegade and trained Rose.

I think that in Batman Urban legends 6, the prelude to Deathstroke 1, we see Talia watching screens showing Black Canary and someone who looks like Nightwing. It could be a complete coincidence, or it could mean something. Too soon to tell (unless it looks to you like someone else?)

I actually think it would be interesting to see Deathstroke as an adversary to both Nightwing and Robin. I can see them both being super protective of each other and going all "stay away from my brother".

nightwiing slade.jpgtalia nightwing.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    There's no doubt that the Damian-Deathstroke connection was highly emphasized during the Rebirth era, but I think we also see now an acknowledgment of the Nightwing-Deathstroke rivalry as well.

The Dick-Deathstoke connection when Dick was Red X was recently confirmed in TTA 1 (not future state), so it's now canon.
    So now they have history both when Nightwing was Red X and when he was Renegade and trained Rose.

I think that in Batman Urban legends 6, the prelude to Deathstroke 1, we see Talia watching screens showing Black Canary and someone who looks like Nightwing. It could be a complete coincidence, or it could mean something. Too soon to tell (unless it looks to you like someone else?)

I actually think it would be interesting to see Deathstroke as an adversary to both Nightwing and Robin. I can see them both being super protective of each other and going all "stay away from my brother".

nightwiing slade.jpgtalia nightwing.jpg

Sure its acknowledged, but as a past event. I was never saying its not cannon but I am fine saying any idea of them being nemesis's would be false. They are not relevant in each other stories. As i mentioned Deathroke Inc will be starting this week. I feel its far more likely we see future robin issue, crossover with that book since rose is the closest person we have to a deuteragonist in that book. I for one would actully like Deathroke to stay away from Nightwing and Robin

It was brave of DC to do this after trying to scrub it from his history, in fact its probably best Sydner version of JL did not proceed, because this would have certainly blown up

Thanks to other media and recent stories, Deathstroke has drifted from a Teen Titans villain to Damian and Batman villain.

The animated movies which made Slade's rivalry with Damian personal and the DCEU which promoted and teased Deathstroke as Batman's Foe.

The TtGO! Movie did push the Deathstroke Terminator v TT's rivalry.

The Dick Slade Rivalry was highlighted in Judas Contract by Priest but his whole Slade really loves Damian and push to have Damian be Slades Kid undermined what ever he did restabilising the Dick and Slade Rivalry.

It made Slade's interest in Damian different from his usual interest in Robin. A member of the Teen titan's.

Everyone seems to have forgotten Renegade.

Slade right now is a DCU villain.
    Last edited by Fergus; 09-27-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Thanks to other media and recent stories, Deathstroke has drifted from a Teen Titans villain to Damian and Batman villain.

The animated movies which made Slade's rivalry with Damian personal and the DCEU which promoted and teased Deathstroke as Batman's Foe.

The TtGO! Movie did push the Deathstroke Terminator v TT's rivalry.

The Dick Slade Rivalry was highlighted in Judas Contract by Priest but his whole Slade really loves Damian and push to have Damian be Slades Kid undermined what ever he did restabilising the Dick and Slade Rivalry.

It made Slade's interest in Damian different from his usual interest in Robin. A member of the Teen titan's.

Everyone seems to have forgotten Renegade.

Slade right now is a DCU villain.
    People have their favorite characters, and some lucky few get the chance to write them. And that's fine.

But Priest pushing the whole "Damian is Slade's son!" crap when Slade is already a terrible dad to 3 kids, was pretty bad.

Astonishing Member

Priest liked to see Damian more like anti-hero persona, I guess that was the reason, why he wanted to do it this way.

What didn't happened? I get I can misremember what Priest wrote, and I apologize about that, but Batman Secret Files #3 still happened, Dick training Rose happened in Priest's Deathstroke, as much as Future State and Lazarus Contract.

The behind the scenes stuff about there being an editorial mandate re Priesr using Dick and events that lead to Slade and Dick getting distanced. Those are assumptions.