Page 196 of 259 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    The webcomic is gold. loved Damian's Birthday

Also note that on Dick's phone it's a picture of him and Damian wearing party hats

Nine? So Damian there is five years younger than in main continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Respawn is for rose to deal with
    Yeah, can see him defeating Damian (putting him down to his last life), only to lose to Rose.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

New issue is doing really well on Amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I really hope Respawn isn't the son of Slade and Talia. I wish i never see any of the plans that Priest had for Damian being revisited.
    On the other hand, if this happens, Al Ghuls will finally get their heir, who does not turn back from this, and Damian will choose the path of a hero along with his father and family, and this question will be closed. Maybe that's the point, if it's indeed Williamson plan for Respawn.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 09-28-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

https://www.comicsbeat.com/joshua-wi...athstroke-inc/
    Island arc will continue till issue #12. And it seems like Respawn is really some big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Momentarily steering the conversation away from Damian's shitty parents (Yes. Plural. They both suck.)

He has a way bigger role in the Beast Boy and Raven book than I thought he would. And, as far as alternate character takes go, he's actually pretty damn great. The book itself was already really enjoyable, but seeing him as a supporting character, as set up for his and Dick's book, was a nice surprise.
    I've been intending to read those books because I love Picolo's art and have been a fan of his for a long time, and if the next installment features one of my favorite characters, I'll be sure to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/joshua-wi...athstroke-inc/
    Island arc will continue till issue #12. And it seems like Respawn is really some big deal.
    That's good to hear. I thought this arc was going to be much shorter and at first I thought 12 issues was too long, but given how excellent the past six have been, I can't wait for more.

I was reading the interview and I came across this:

Williamson: Thank you. It’s a book I wanted to do for the last 10 years. I pitched it to them so many times. So then they finally gave it to me, and they leave me alone on it, so I get to just have some fun and just tell some cool Damian stories. Him on the island, the stuff with the family, the stuff with Ravager and everything, it’s all connected. The stuff with Respawn, you’ll see, it’s all gonna keep connecting.

Grunenwald: Respawn seems like– is that a character that we know who it is?

Williamson: Maybe.

Grunenwald: Have we met them before?

Williamson: Maybe. Yeah, yeah, they’ll be important next year. I will say this, you’re not gonna find out who they really are in the Robin book. You’ll find that out in another book.
    Please, for the love god, I don't care how or why, but please let Respawn be Jon Kent. I know before and after this excerpt they're talking about Deathstroke, Inc., Batman, and Justice League Incarnate, so that "other book" could be one of them, but it could also mean any book, maybe even one of the Superman books.

Maybe Jon got ninja training in space and became Space Beth from Rick and Morty. He really came into his own during and helped define Rebirth, and even though technically Jon came from Convergence, he's synonymous with Rebirth and Respawn could just be a reference to that. Whereas his father had the Return of Superman after his death, this will be the Respawn of Superboy because Jon's a kid and likes video games and his death was mostly metaphorical.

I don't know, I'm grasping at nothing here, but I'm allowed to be as delusional as any other fan on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post

Please, for the love god, I don't care how or why, but please let Respawn be Jon Kent. I know before and after this excerpt they're talking about Deathstroke, Inc., Batman, and Justice League Incarnate, so that "other book" could be one of them, but it could also mean any book, maybe even one of the Superman books.

Maybe Jon got ninja training in space and became Space Beth from Rick and Morty. He really came into his own during and helped define Rebirth, and even though technically Jon came from Convergence, he's synonymous with Rebirth and Respawn could just be a reference to that. Whereas his father had the Return of Superman after his death, this will be the Respawn of Superboy because Jon's a kid and likes video games and his death was mostly metaphorical.

I don't know, I'm grasping at nothing here, but I'm allowed to be as delusional as any other fan on this forum.
    That would make absolute ZERO sense and now I want it to be true. Thanks a lot XD

It's Clownhunter

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    It's Clownhunter
    That's. Even. Better!

Just some of my thoughts about issue 6

spoilers:
    I really like how the vast majority of the preliminary fights were relegated to being the preview pages so the rest of the issue could be really character focused. Plus this is officially the half-way point of the first arc of Williamson and Melnikov's Robin, so if the the set-up was this good, then the pay off is going to be amazing.

Barring the obvious parallels between the manga and Damian and Flatline, because I hate the romantic implications, I'm curious as to XXL's whole deal. Why'd he try to steal the manga? Seems like a Respawn-type thing to do, given how he's used later in the issue and Williamson's interview about how interconnected Respawn is with everything Williamson is currently spinning. Could be nothing, like how lackadaisical Damian is with his secret identity, or it could be something, like how interconnected everything is.

I doubt we'd be getting the Damian vs. XXL fight I wanted because Damian has to fight Connor for round 2 and Connor has to go through XXL in order to get there. I wanted the Damian/XXL fight because XXL reminds me so much of Nick Diaz, with his shaved head and Capcom-sized MMA gloves emphasizing his fists because Nick was known as a striker, and I just wanted to see Damian get ****-talked and beat on.

This book is well and truly the spiritual successor to RSoB and by the look of things, it'll be around for a helluva lot longer. I'm celebrating when we hit 30 issues.
    end of spoilers

Just some of my thoughts about issue 6

spoilers:
    I really like how the vast majority of the preliminary fights were relegated to being the preview pages so the rest of the issue could be really character focused. Plus this is officially the half-way point of the first arc of Williamson and Melnikov's Robin, so if the the set-up was this good, then the pay off is going to be amazing.

Barring the obvious parallels between the manga and Damian and Flatline, because I hate the romantic implications, I'm curious as to XXL's whole deal. Why'd he try to steal the manga? Seems like a Respawn-type thing to do, given how he's used later in the issue and Williamson's interview about how interconnected Respawn is with everything Williamson is currently spinning. Could be nothing, like how lackadaisical Damian is with his secret identity, or it could be something, like how interconnected everything is.

I doubt we'd be getting the Damian vs. XXL fight I wanted because Damian has to fight Connor for round 2 and Connor has to go through XXL in order to get there. I wanted the Damian/XXL fight because XXL reminds me so much of Nick Diaz, with his shaved head and Capcom-sized MMA gloves emphasizing his fists because Nick was known as a striker, and I just wanted to see Damian get ****-talked and beat on.

This book is well and truly the spiritual successor to RSoB and by the look of things, it'll be around for a helluva lot longer. I'm celebrating when we hit 30 issues.
    end of spoilers
    Lmao love the Diaz comparison (also my heart still hurts from what happened to him on saturday)

Quote Originally Posted by Murrocko View Post
    Lmao love the Diaz comparison (also my heart still hurts from what happened to him on saturday)
    Thanks. I've only recently become an MMA fan, but I love the Diaz brothers, especially Nick.

Lawler was the better fighter that night, but Diaz kept up with him. He proved he still had it, even after not fighting for so long.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

https://www.comicsbeat.com/joshua-wi...mpression=true

Williamson interview.

I appreciate him coming clean on the whole Damian slitting Tim's neck and it turns out it was just like @Restingvoice said. Dubious art making it unclear especially decades down the line. It was a punch with spikes.

Batman, Deathstroke Inc and Robin are connected. Yay!

Checkmate will come up in Robin. Boo!

Great to know that Robin will keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/joshua-wi...mpression=true

Williamson interview.

I appreciate him coming clean on the whole Damian slitting Tim's neck and it turns out it was just like @Restingvoice said. Dubious art making it unclear especially decades down the line. It was a punch with spikes.

Batman, Deathstroke Inc and Robin are connected. Yay!

Checkmate will come up in Robin. Boo!

Great to know that Robin will keep going.
    These writers who write multiple books incorporating decades of DC lore are only human. I get forgetting details. Happy he brought the Damian incident up here and cleared it up.

Good to know that the editor was competent enough to the error and challenge Williamson in his error. That's an editor who knows their job.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    These writers who write multiple books incorporating decades of DC lore are only human. I get forgetting details. Happy he brought the Damian incident up here and cleared it up.

Good to know that the editor was competent enough to the error and challenge Williamson in his error. That's an editor who knows their job.
    In all honestly, it's all I could ever want from a writer, for them to just simply admit that they made a mistake and it's on them. "Apologies for the error. I can't promise it will never happen again, but I'll double check my work more often."

In all honestly, it's all I could ever want from a writer, for them to just simply admit that they made a mistake and it's on them. "Apologies for the error. I can't promise it will never happen again, but I'll double check my work more often."
    Exactly. Can't stand the writers who either don't care/are so arrogant they twist characters or simply handwave or ignore blatant errors.