Page 197 of 259 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    The sexism.

Talia isn't the only one who creates problems for Damian.
    Would you like Damian better if he had zero problems?
    SEXISM?? MAN.. Complain about one Evil woman because is one woman is always sexism?? I dislike Flashpoint Batman as grandfather too.

I am only saying that she is even worse than Bruce as parent.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryrun View Post
    All the problem that Talia created was trying to get her son back, even when he died it was out of her control. People seem to forget that Bruce was willing to give him to Talia so that she can leave Gotham alone rather than fighting for both the city and his son, he chose to give him up. Non of his parents are saints but Bruce is the only neglectful parent here and the reason for many of Damian problems if not most of them not Talia.
    When HERETIC killed him?? She killed Heretic but... When Bruce accused her of killing her son she did not sounded too good making Bruce look like the only victim here who lost his son.. She put even a Price for his head.

I even heard that in Supersons she gave problems to him when Damian was in one academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I really hope Respawn isn't the son of Slade and Talia. I wish i never see any of the plans that Priest had for Damian being revisited.

Also, can you image Talia choosing Bruce as the father of her child, who is not the best father around and then going from that to Slade for her next one? Slade, maybe the worst father in the whole DCU? Talking about bad decisions!
    Watching Respawn I think that he is older than Damian.. It would only make Bruce look like Talia 2ND option..

This rumour is even here.. I am not sure if I prefer this or one Damian Clone. I am tired of that system.

Hoping that is as easy as one DAMIAN cousin like Mara case.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-29-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    SEXISM?? I am only saying that she is even worse than Bruce as parent.
    Is she?

Talia having other relationships isn't her making problems for Damian. Talia having a kid with other villains who then go on to target Damian isn't her making problems for Damian. She is entitled to live her life

I don't think you were being sexist. This thread is pretty consistent in calling out both Bruce and Talia.

However I have to point how you blatantly ignored everything we learned in RSOB [a title I know you read] about Talia during the Batman inc events
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-29-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/joshua-wi...athstroke-inc/
    Island arc will continue till issue #12. And it seems like Respawn is really some big deal.
    Good thing.. I like Connor and for this I prefer have a different character as enemy.. The Lazarus devil will probably be here during 2 issues as much. Despite after Robin 6 I am not surprised about it.

SOOOO.. We maybe met him before

Now is when the people will say GRANT wilson but... Rose knows him? She said that Respawn voice was familiar.

...... Respawn could be one YOUNG SLADE clone? If we follow The Pre-Priest deathstroke run he turned young during some time.. So maybe Slade voice was different.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-29-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Is she?

Talia having other relationships isn't her making problems for Damian. Talia having a kid with other villains who then go on to target Damian isn't her making problems for Damian. She is entitled to live her life

I don't think you were being sexist. This thread is pretty consistent in calling out both Bruce and Talia.

However I have to point how you blatantly ignored everything we learned in RSOB [a title I know you read] about Talia during the Batman inc events
    I'm kinda on the fence about that little revelation in RSoB. Like, on one hand, I'm glad she's not actually so deranged that she'd put a bounty on her kid's head and then get upset when he dies (like...what the **** did you think would happen). But like also....I feel like that was a little...too convenient of a method to explain her actions in Batman Inc. I think I still would have preferred if she had just admitted she fucked up and went a little mad over the thought of losing her son to Bruce. Let her work a little more for a better relationship with Damian.

((Unrelated note, make some space in your inbox, dude. Tried to message you yesterday and it didn't go through lol))

Astonishing Member

Talia having other relationships isn't her making problems for Damian. Talia having a kid with other villains who then go on to target Damian isn't her making problems for Damian. She is entitled to live her life.
    Are we sure the bolded part isn't making problems for Damian?

I mean, I suspect the other kid will target Damian, because Talia raises the kid for that.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-29-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Talia should never have been turned into a villain in the first place. Morrison ignored what Talia went through in Death and the Maidens and just acted like she had always been a crazy villain which is simply bullshit. She was created in 1971, not in 2006, read up on her original stories people.

Williamson has said that he wants to write her as more as Ra's daughter or Damian's mother, that he thinks she is great and DC has undervalued in recent years. He has read Death and the Maidens and he pushed for her to be on the Totality (aka helping the multiverse). He's already worked on redeeming Ra's and Thomas Wayne.
    The backup stories before Robin literally ended with Talia being happy that Damian was making his own choices.
    I really don't see Williamson making her into a huge problem for Damian.

Loved the latest issue. Great display of Damian's tactical intelligence. Can't wait to see what happens next.

It seems that I was not the only who was thinking that Kid Flatline was similar to Hana in design(of course. It was made in purpose ) and about parallels between them. Damian saw himself as Ren in Robin 4.

DC Robin comic Flatline kid hana manga.jpg

Astonishing Member

SEXISM?? MAN.. Complain about one Evil woman because is one woman is always sexism?? I dislike Flashpoint Batman as grandfather too.

I am only saying that she is even worse than Bruce as parent.

When HERETIC killed him?? She killed Heretic but... When Bruce accused her of killing her son she did not sounded too good making Bruce look like the only victim here who lost his son.. She put even a Price for his head.

I even heard that in Supersons she gave problems to him when Damian was in one academy.

Watching Respawn I think that he is older than Damian.. It would only make Bruce look like Talia 2ND option..

This rumour is even here.. I am not sure if I prefer this or one Damian Clone. I am tired of that system.

Hoping that is as easy as one DAMIAN cousin like Mara case.
    I suspect Respawn is Grant Wilson revived in a younger and possibly modified body.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I suspect Respawn is Grant Wilson revived in a younger and possibly modified body.
    Younger?? Grant was not superyoung(teen-young adult) when he died??

Despite I continue without understand in this case why he dislikes Damian... He talks like if he saw Damian many years ago while he was still in the League and wanted to fight against him for years.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I hope so, please let it be

Fantastic Member

So Robin issue 6 is a nice set-up, nothing much happened but a set-up. Wish this was bi-monthly like everyone here says.

Anyway, I did read the Beast Boy/Raven graphic novel. Gotta say, Damian might be OOC in that novel but it was fun.

Got guts to declare himself the boyfriend of Max, as well as cuddling with her at the end.

Was he OOC? Yep, but considering he's going to have a graphic novel with Dick. Eh, I'll put it to Dick influencing him.

Astonishing Member

Younger?? Grant was not superyoung(teen-young adult) when he died??

Despite I continue without understand in this case why he dislikes Damian... He talks like if he saw Damian many years ago while he was still in the League and wanted to fight against him for years.
    Grant was late teens- early twenties when he died.

Incredible Member

Is she?

Having sex/children with know assassins/mercenaries who then go on to pose a threat to your current child is pretty bad. I would say that is the definition of creating problems for your kid. Its def not sexist. If Bruce slept with Deathstroke I think he would probably say the same thing.

Kind of like saying hooking up with a known drug dealer creates problem for your children. Its in bad taste. Not to mention it`s not like Bruce knew he had a son to begin with. Talia kept it from him. And then allowed assassins to raise him to be a killer. Bruce is not the best dad but I think it is pretty clear he is the superior parent out of the two.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 09-29-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Having sex/children with know assassins/mercenaries who then go on to pose a threat to your current child is pretty bad. I would say that is the definition of creating problems for your kid. Its def not sexist. If Bruce slept with Deathstroke I think he would probably say the same thing.

Kind of like saying hooking up with a known drug dealer creates problem for your children. Its in bad taste. Not to mention it`s not like Bruce knew he had a son to begin with. Talia kept it from him. And then allowed assassins to raise him to be a killer. Bruce is not the best dad but I think it is pretty clear he is the superior parent out of the two.
    Being a vigilante like Batman can and does create problems for his kids.
    Kind of like how Bruce's decision to get into a serious relationship during King's run created problems for his kids. 3 of his sons have died and Damian has died so many times under Bruce's watch.

Bruce knew he had a son when he sent him into Gotham alone to face off against Bane, Thomas, GG and a city full of baddies. He allowed that knowing there was a very high possibility he'd get killed. Someone did get killed afterall.

Bruce is as bad as Talia especially since he is supposed to be a good guy hero.

Talia's future kids may or may not create issues for Damian [depends in if their goals collide] Deathstroke's son had issues with Damian in Rebirth and that was nothing to do with Talia.