Page 2 of 247 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 3693
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    7,645

    Default

    This is weird... Not Robin appreciation?? Only Damian Wayne?

    I would had added Robin and maybe even Batman(as reference to another universes) appreciation..

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Happy New Year! I think a part 3 of DCeased is definitely a possibility later in the year, and, contrary to most people, I do think there's a strong possibility Damian will be in an book. And I'm also really excited to finally find out what happened with him in Future State, because I've been wondering since they announced it.
    Also curious to find out what happened to him. It's so strange that he's absent from it all. What is Dc thinking? It's like they hate money and success

  3. #18
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    This is weird... Not Robin appreciation?? Only Damian Wayne?
    I felt Damian doesn't need all that. Everyone knows Damian is also Robin. I know the other threads have alias but do they need them? We all know their history plus i was in a hurry

    I don't know if I can edit the title but can try and Robin if you like?

  4. #19
    Spectacular Member the1&onlyE.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'll start with some of Damian's Classic Hits:
    "Father I imagined you taller"
    "Don't patronize me or I'll break your face"
    "WHERE'S MY LAPTOP"
    Attachment 103815
    I looove, Batman and Son. It's really sad that some people don't appreciate it just because of what happened to Tim - though, to be fair, it that happened with my fave I would be pretty pissed too. Personally, I think it's great, hilarious, over the top and a pretty unique introduction.

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Also curious to find out what happened to him. It's so strange that he's absent from it all. What is Dc thinking? It's like they hate money and success
    I mean, something definitely happened to him, but it's very weird. I think he was obviously meant to be a villain in 5G, but it seems even DC realized fans weren't very pleased with this direction, so maybe they changed direction? Or he might still be a villain, who knows, though, based on Tim’s line in Robin Eternal, it doesn’t seem like it.

  5. #20
    Incredible Member Astralabius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I hope so but DC seems to be going for saver menu [unproven/fresh cheap talent and slashed no of on-going's]
    Odd choices when it comes to approving pitches [I'm not Starfire. Just why?, Tim drake as Robin but not? Red Hood and Grifter both in the Batfamily corner of titles?]

    Damian has good sales but lets be honest, DC plays favourites and Damian isn't high on that list.

    I don't want to get my hopes up. DC messed too much with Damian during Rebirth. They really did him dirty.

    I hope you are proven correct and Damian gets a title.
    Can't fault you for that, before the solicitations for March came out I felt pretty disappointed and hopeless myself. Yeah, we got that arc in Detective Comics, but with Tomasi leaving the book I was kinda expecting for Damian to get stuck in limbo for some time since the Batman books pretty much ignored him for the past few years.

    The announcement of the back up stories and Gleb's tweets gave me some hope again that if nothing else DC must have put at least a little thought into this, which is more than I can say for the past 2-3 years.

  6. #21
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    918

    Default

    I think he's either dead or in the League of Assassins. I'm sure he had something to do with Magistrate initially, but then they changed plans because of the fans backlash. And they could not leave everything as it is, because they present the Future State as a future that is possible, even if it does not come true eventually. Most likely for this reason Damian is not here, they simply did not have time or did not know what to do with him here.
    Regarding predictions, it's hard to say. On the one hand, I am sure that nothing drastically bad will happen to him, because, as I understand it, the reaction to Glass's TT clearly influenced the plans for Damian. They had a chance to do something bad to him, send him down the path of a villain or something else, but in the end they changed direction, that is, there is simply no point in going back to it now. On top of that, Williamson loves Damian, and if he really writes his ongoing after the back-ups, that's very good news. And he's even on the cover of Infinity Frontier, that's a good sign too.
    On the other hand, DC always know how to somehow unpleasantly surprise.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 01-01-2021 at 11:38 AM.

  7. #22
    Incredible Member Astralabius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Also curious to find out what happened to him. It's so strange that he's absent from it all. What is Dc thinking? It's like they hate money and success
    DC seems to want to keep that a secret for now.
    In the preview for Robin Eternal Tim tells us that Dick is "ranting and raving" in Arkham (which apparently isn't exactly true, so maybe Tim doesn't know everything), Jason betrayed them to work for the people that killed Bruce and when he's about to talk about Damian he conveniently stops to throw a bomb. It's just "Damian...". I'm pretty sure that's on purpose.

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'll start with some of Damian's Classic Hits:
    "Father I imagined you taller"
    "Don't patronize me or I'll break your face"
    "WHERE'S MY LAPTOP"
    Attachment 103815
    He's such a little shit and in the best possible way. I normally hate kid characters like this but Damian is so much fun and funny with it. But it's not just his way with words or attitude. He's also very interesting. His journey has been a joy. I hope we get more development and growth form the character..

    I need more Damian and Drake. not the hair ruffling pod people that Tynion gave us in Rebirth Tec but this pair.

    Damian trolling Tim into almost throttling him

  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    7,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I felt Damian doesn't need all that. Everyone knows Damian is also Robin. I know the other threads have alias but do they need them? We all know their history plus i was in a hurry

    I don't know if I can edit the title but can try and Robin if you like?
    OK.. Don´t worry about it.


    I think that is not possible. I think that I tried it once and failed.. Maybe only Frontier and other admins can make it.

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,498

    Default

    I think Future State was all crafted around the time when some where attempting to get rid of Damian and replace him [think BRE/RSOB era] but plans changed so now they are scrambling.

    He wasn't a part of the initial plans clearly. I just hope however they explain his absence they make it a good one.

  11. #26
    Spectacular Member the1&onlyE.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I think he's either dead or in the League of Assassins. I'm sure he had something to do with Magistrate initially, but then they changed plans because of the fans backlash. And they could not leave everything as it is, because they present the Future State as a future that is possible, even if it does not come true eventually. Most likely for this reason Damian is not here, they simply did not have time or did not know what to do with him here.
    Regarding predictions, it's hard to say. On the one hand, I am sure that nothing drastically bad will happen to him, because, as I understand it, the reaction to Glass's TT clearly influenced the plans for Damian. They had a chance to do something bad to him, send him down the path of a villain or something else, but in the end they changed direction, that is, there is simply no point in going back to it now. On top of that, Williamson loves Damian, and if he really writes his ongoing after the back-ups, that's very good news. And he's even on the cover of Infinity Frontier, that's a good sign too.
    On the other hand, DC always know how to somehow unpleasantly surprise.
    Yeah, I honestly think Damian might just be dead in FS or something like that. I do wonder though, if they made all of that just so that he couldn't be Batman in the future, which, to me, seems really over the top. There's just so many ways of doing it, no need to ruin a character for that.

    And I also get the feeling Williamson likes Damian, which is honestly a huge relieve. But I gotta admit that he being in Infinite Frontier gives me some flashbacks of No Justice, and we all know how well that one ended. lol But Williamson is a good writer, so I have hope.

  12. #27
    Incredible Member Astralabius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I think Future State was all crafted around the time when some where attempting to get rid of Damian and replace him [think BRE/RSOB era] but plans changed so now they are scrambling.

    He wasn't a part of the initial plans clearly. I just hope however they explain his absence they make it a good one.
    5G (FS seems to be what 5G turned into after they scrapped it) was Dan Didio's baby, wasn't it?
    Maybe I remember this wrong, but Rebirth was Geoff Johns' idea and since he stepped down in 2018 Dan Didio was completely in charge of DC's direction. 2018 was also the year Dick got shot, Jason had his falling out with Bruce and Glass took over Teen Titans. So at least to me it sounds more like they were preparing for 5G only since 2018.

  13. #28
    Incredible Member Astralabius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Yeah, I honestly think Damian might just be dead in FS or something like that. I do wonder though, if they made all of that just so that he couldn't be Batman in the future, which, to me, seems really over the top. There's just so many ways of doing it, no need to ruin a character for that.

    And I also get the feeling Williamson likes Damian, which is honestly a huge relieve. But I gotta admit that he being in Infinite Frontier gives me some flashbacks of No Justice, and we all know how well that one ended. lol But Williamson is a good writer, so I have hope.
    I wouldn't be suprised if they wanted Damian as a supervillain so the person who took over the cowl could have a "Batman shouldn't be inherited, it should be earned" arc.
    Basically a foil to the next Batman to highlight how much more worthy than Damian Bruce's replacement is because DC knows a lot of people are annoyed that they didn't pick one of the many sidekicks Bruce has as his successor.

  14. #29
    Spectacular Member the1&onlyE.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I wouldn't be suprised if they wanted Damian as a supervillain so the person who took over the cowl could have a "Batman shouldn't be inherited, it should be earned" arc.
    Basically a foil to the next Batman to highlight how much more worthy than Damian Bruce's replacement is because DC knows a lot of people are annoyed that they didn't pick one of the many sidekicks Bruce has as his successor.
    Honestly, makes sense. Also considering how Dan Didio loves legacy characters and, as someone pointed out, uses Damian to create drama for Bruce, it's not suprising at all. Now that he is gone, at least, I feel the aproach to a lot of characters will change, and hopefully Damian will be one of them.

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,621

    Default

    Ah, new year. New thread. Glad things are finally looking pretty good for my second youngest "son". Honestly things are looking good for all my favorites but Jon.

    Bart's apparently still gonna be around in Flash books. Gar had a GREAT moment in Death Metal and DC seems to have finally embraced the fact that he's just as much an adult as the other veteran Titans. And Damian seems to be on a path that, while not the one I would have wanted for him just yet, is still a lot better than where he was with the Teen Titans. Added bonus: He gets an awesome new costume.

    So far so good. I'm not really all that interested in any Future State books, save for Titans and Wonder Woman, so I don't really have anything more than a mild curiosity as to where Damian is in those stories. So once all that's over and done with, here's hoping he has a bright year ahead of him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •