Page 208 of 259 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3875
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I never liked the idea of Damian being in a relationship, but it never crossed my mind until now of codifying that into making him asexual, which I'm totally on board for.

Some may say that just because Damian may not have been ready to explore relationships a few years ago doesn't mean he can't start exploring them now, but I disagree. Any other character that was introduced as young as Damian, thus leaving no opportunity or need to explore romance with them, who grew as a character a comparable amount in a comparable amount of time, I'd be OK with them exploring romantic relationships because they aren't Damian. I believe it is endemic to Damian's character that he has no desire to have a relationship with someone. If we were to apply Damian's publication history in terms of his aging and growth to the other Robins, now would be a good time to start telling stories about potential romances and love interests, not because they should, but because it would be the natural progression for the other Robins' characters, but not Damian's.

Funnily enough, a lot of Damian's stories already deal with relationships, platonic ones. Damian doesn't have love interests, he has friend interests. Colin, Maya, Jon. Those are the characters whose relationship with Damian people want to see explored because Damian's journey has been all about developing his social and people skills, not romantic skills, and no, romantic skills are not covered by those other two. If you want to read stories of Damian exploring his romantic feelings, there's a thing called fanfiction. Make them yourself.
    I think this is an important factor, the only character he ever showed interest in, and it was more possibly a crush if anything, was Kara, and even then it seemed more kid thinks girl 8s pretty and went no where.

Elseworlds explorations are fine to me, we've seen a few of them so far, but I agree that Damian is more the Platonic type 9f person and not interested in romance. I would honestly say making him asexual, would be a better move as it becomes a more interesting story to tell and teens that are Ace, that struggle with the "why am I not into anyone " aspect and unsure about themselves would have a character to look to, other than reboot version of Jughead.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    I'll throw my coin into this regarding Damian and romantic interests.

1.) If the gods of Editorial DC decided to let Damian have a main verse love interest, let's be honest it'll sink. Dick has Babs, Starfire and etc. Jason has Rose, Artemis, and etc. Tim has Steph, Kon, and etc. And you really want Damian to odd on that list? The love interest they're going to pair him up will just be love interest#1, to replaced by another writer with love interest#2. Really depending on the writer, and editorial. A love interest in comics won't last unless they're super popular. Unfortunately, the Robins has popular relationships but won't last. He'll be like the rest of brothers, which, let's be real, we don't want.

Another way, is basically, letting Damian have one love interest. And that's it. No replacement by a writer, and mandated by the higher ups. Damian has a single love interest, just not to lob him with his brothers. But this is comics, Damian having a replaceable is more likely than having one.

2.) Just don't have him in relationship. Damian so far is just a kid who wants to have friends, and stable family bonding. Like the other guy said.
    On the plus side writers never have to worry about replacing others and just build up friendships.

I'm not opposed to Damian having a love interest at this point in his life. But if he still went a long time without having one, I wouldn't be complaining either. Frankly, I'm not a huge fan of them already doing something with him and Flatline. Like Eckri said, I'd rather they focused first on fixing Damian's messy family situation and giving him a more stable circle of friends (Come oooonnnn. Bring Colin and Maya back already). Then we can worry about who he's hooking up with. If they really want him to be with Flatline and these solicits haven't just been teasing, I'd rather she at least start out as just a friend. So far I'd hardly even call them that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm not opposed to Damian having a love interest at this point in his life. But if he still went a long time without having one, I wouldn't be complaining either. Frankly, I'm not a huge fan of them already doing something with him and Flatline. Like Eckri said, I'd rather they focused first on fixing Damian's messy family situation and giving him a more stable circle of friends (Come oooonnnn. Bring Colin and Maya and real Jon back already). Then we can worry about who he's hooking up with. If they really want him to be with Flatline and these solicits haven't just been teasing, I'd rather she at least start out as just a friend. So far I'd hardly even call them that yet.
    Fixed the bold for posterity.

Anyway; Damian being asexual, eh don't know. Sure, he has issues going on, but that never stopped his Robin predecessors from finding at least a temporary significant other. Hell, it never stopped Bruce. Besides which, Damian is just getting into his teen years with hormones. And with his personality/background, I can't help but see him with one of two extremes; the regular "good girl", but has spunk (Maps could easily fit this, and to an extent, Djinn could fit this as well) or someone with a darker background like Flatline.

I'm not necessarily saying it has to be one of those two, just along those lines.

Of all the people Damian's been shipped with, either by the fans or DC, Maps has my vote. That would be such a fun dynamic. But then, my favorite DC ship is BBRae so clearly I just like the dark and serious characters being paired with their opposites lol

I like Djinn. I liked the relationship Djinn had with him at the start. But even if they had become official, there's no way in hell it would have lasted and I don't think I'd have wanted it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Fixed the bold for posterity.
    I thought about including him but right now I'm just gonna operate under the assumption that he won't be come back from his ill advised space trip. Especially since recent developments mean that we might not be seeing him for a long, loooooooooooooong time. If ever (unless DC's brave enough to acknowledge the fact that younger people can be LGBT too. A lot of media tends to gloss over that)
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-12-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Of all the people Damian's been shipped with, either by the fans or DC, Maps has my vote. That would be such a fun dynamic. But then, my favorite DC ship is BBRae so clearly I just like the dark and serious characters being paired with their opposites lol
    I keep forgetting maps the one who started it all

BBrae was cute, it was nice to see damian have a complete arc, after all the sabotage we had to endure over the last 3 years

but I'm ready to give something a chance, and im glad it has a chance

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I keep forgetting maps the one who started it all
    Maps is a fan favorite, rightfully so.

If I'm remembering my Pre-New 52 fan history right.

Maps brought the ship into popularity post Flash point. Certainly a contender, and fan favorite. Honestly, can't wait for her to be back.

But before that Damian's options ships by the fans were:
    Nell Little (Side note, I don't know if that chick in that one Batgirl issue was her, but I'm guessin it was her)
    Mari Grayson (Basis was literally on Kingdom Come)

And we got two gingers

Collin Wilkes (Yep that was a thing, and by gods they were cute) & Irey West (Based on the cancelled Young Justice comic)

really.jpg

Could Have.jpg

Maps just sweep into the field with the hand holding.

Though, I personally want Irey and Damian to have some sort Superson-isque adventure just to have Dick and Wally's reaction.

Ha! I love that! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Jon would initially be a bit jealous of Colin XD

Extraordinary Member

81E1EB0E-5D53-4C49-8BBB-AD7FA76B4395.jpg

Still wishing this book was bimonthly

Same. The monthly waits for this, Nightwing, and Static are killing me.

I would like a BI-Monthly Robin too but... Sadly Williamson is too busy with other series too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I expect him to at least keep Damian involved in it. Not sure how many characters he's going to bring over. While I think it's one of the best reviewed books, the fact that the Webtoon series is pulling in a lot of readers too. As for how many Damians there are.

Animated SuperSon's movie

I'm not sure if we can count it, but the version that was going to be part of an animated show that got cancelled. but I'm counting it
    Damian on the animated show that never came out

So we actually have 11 versions of Damian that exist.
    Wait.. What? A supersons movie?

Superkid can have a Ship but the people is against Damian having one?? Weird.

In the end the fans will be who will destroy the Ship without matter how good makes Williamson this. I hope be wrong.

He can resolve his problems with the Batfamily later.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-12-2021 at 09:38 PM.

1 of the BEST MOMENTS of that film according youtube.

Screen Shot 10-13-21 at 08.58 AM.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-13-2021 at 12:20 AM.

Would love to see Maps or Irey as a option. Also Lian Harper.

Hell id just like to see a team of younger kids, around Damians age having fun adventures over like Teen Titans situations. Paging Peter David to write it.

If we ever get Jon back, or even an else worlds tale of s YJ like group you could have a good group of friends for him.

Nell from the Batgirl comic
    Irey and Jae west
    Jon and Chris Kent (yes I still want Chris as part of the Kent family)
    Lian Harper
    Sin(Black Canary's daughter)
    Helen and Harold (Hal) Jordan, neice and nephew of Hal, Helen has cosmic powers, Hal is Airwave
    Collin coming back.

Let the boy have friends his own age.

Yes a supersons movie. Its going to be animated

No one said they're okay with Jon already getting a ship person. As with Damian but for different reasons Jon needs to grow before we jump into the deep end with this.

Reason regarding Damian having a love interest is odd is because of his personality. He's not a flirt like Dick, he's not a romantic like Tim or Jason. He's more invested in his friends and getting better than who he's linked to romantically. So it sort of makes sense that one could read him as Asexual. Doesn't mean he can't think a girl (or guy) is pretty, just means he's not really into being attracted in a sexual way to them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    1 of the BEST MOMENTS of that film according youtube.

Screen Shot 10-13-21 at 08.58 AM.jpg
    Definitely, one of the best. It wasn't faithful to the comics but I heard a theory that they're going to connect the injustice films with the other recent DC films in a multiverse like series.

Would love to see Maps or Irey as a option. Also Lian Harper.

Reason regarding Damian having a love interest is odd is because of his personality. He's not a flirt like Dick, he's not a romantic like Tim or Jason. He's more invested in his friends and getting better than who he's linked to romantically. So it sort of makes sense that one could read him as Asexual. Doesn't mean he can't think a girl (or guy) is pretty, just means he's not really into being attracted in a sexual way to them.
    Personal fav is Irey, just because of Wally and Dick's reaction, there's just something entertaining about it. Could be a good substitute with Irey's speed force powers coming into hijinks, sorta like Supersons. Also, weird enough, I could see their interactions like....Darien and Serena.

Regarding on how Damian might show romantic interest, agreed. Anyone could mistake him as an asexual. Which is another option, and a good alternative, because his other brothers are all hogging the place with their 1+ selection of love interest. Can't be flirtatious as Dick, can't be...whatever Jason is, and can't be Tim's oblivious but cute ordinary way.

The way of handling on how Damian could be attracted to someone needs to be....unique, or un-orthodox. Like he interacts in a way, that distinguishes him from his brothers. Something like, he interacts but it isn't too romantic but not too platonic. Something in between. Dunno, I can be fine if he's asexual.

If we ever get Jon back, or even an else worlds tale of s YJ like group you could have a good group of friends for him.
    I am sorry for you but... I see it hard. They make him grow, choose his sexuality and even started a ship. All that development would be lost making him a Kid again.

MAPS. I miss her too. She will appear again but sadly we should not wait someting big.

Did not knew that Black Canary had a daughter.
    Yes a supersons movie. Its going to be animated

No one said they're okay with Jon already getting a ship person. As with Damian but for different reasons Jon needs to grow before we jump into the deep end with this.

I see. OK. I will not see The film but... Knowing this the images will not surprise me later.

Damian existed for 15 years. He did not had time to Grow as character? 3 lustrums of existence against... 6 years?

Superboy is who received a Crazy growing since was introduced. Despite I do not envy him.. I would not like see Damian suddently reach 18 or 20 years for No Reason. Neither be Batman watching Damian avoiding the Batfamily.. Be Batman is a curse.

I also though that he was Asexual. Others said that to me. But when it was said that Emiko Queen was his first love I saw that there was more in Bruce in him than what I was expecting..
    Is only that I am interested in see how this will happen. Is his first Ship IN CANON. Dick has Barbara and Starfire as girlfriends option.. I know that this will not be forever.

PERSONAL QUESTION.. Is your avatar Spiderman hugging Green Goblin?

Regarding on how Damian might show romantic interest, agreed. Anyone could mistake him as an asexual.

The way of handling on how Damian could be attracted to someone needs to be....unique, or un-orthodox. Like he interacts in a way, that distinguishes him from his brothers. Something like, he interacts but it isn't too romantic but not too platonic. Something in between. Dunno, I can be fine if he's asexual.
    After the DAMIRAE I think that is too late to think that he is Asexual. The person who reads him should had ignores the previous universe films and Damirae fanarts.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-13-2021 at 08:02 AM.