Page 253 of 259 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 3875

Does Damian see Dick as a father figure similar to how Dick sees Bruce?

I have been thinkin how much similar both relationships are plus the similar age gaps. Obviously they're different in their own way but the parallels are noticeable to me.

Dick a very gifted child loses his parents in a traumatic event and is taken in by a young billionaire bachelor who gives him a chance to be his partner while also taking responsibility in helping him work his issues. Same description for Damian with the difference that he only had one parent "dead" at the time while the other was busy leading a terrorist organization.

Of course later Bruce comes back and builds a deeper connection with Damian and is now the primary father figure. Dick is Nightwing which kinda makes him seem younger but even so I s till get some young uncle vibe whenever is around Damian.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post

I have been thinkin how much similar both relationships are plus the similar age gaps. Obviously they're different in their own way but the parallels are noticeable to me.

Dick a very gifted child loses his parents in a traumatic event and is taken in by a young billionaire bachelor who gives him a chance to be his partner while also taking responsibility in helping him work his issues. Same description for Damian with the difference that he only had one parent "dead" at the time while the other was busy leading a terrorist organization.

Of course later Bruce comes back and builds a deeper connection with Damian and is now the primary father figure. Dick is Nightwing which kinda makes him seem younger but even so I s till get some young uncle vibe whenever is around Damian.

It was somthing dick worried about when Bruce died too

I've always interpreted their relationship as being a little bit of both in terms of "brothers" and "father/son". We know they consider themselves to be brothers. We also know, from Nightwing Rebirth, that Dick did seriously consider taking Damian with him after he stopped being Batman, and that he specifically says that he didn't think he was ready to be a father. So he probably also thought/thinks of Damian as being like a son to him.

I don't know how many people have read The Outsiders (the S.E. Hinton novel. Not the comic), but I've always kinda seen their relationship as being like the one that the main character has with his oldest brother.

EDIT:

Rac beat me to it lol

I know Damian and Bruce need some time together to reconcile...but I'm really hoping we get more adventures with Damian and Dick in the future. Either in Williamson's Robin or Taylor's Nightwing. Those two said it, themselves. They were the best.
    Last edited by Blue22; 12-14-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post

Yes I believe he does.

A big part of the appeal [for me] in Dick and Damian is the fact that it mirrors Bruce and Dick's relationship.

Dick made Damian family was his care giver and mentor. Dick is more than Damian's brother. He is a father figure.

Just my continued efforts to say that I like how tall Damian looked in Superman: son of kal-el

He can be shorter then Jon without being a munchkin.
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-17-2021 at 10:35 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It seems that, besides Shadow War and Robin, Damian will be in Monkey Prince in March!

MONKEY PRINCE #2
    Written by GENE LUEN YANG 楊謹倫
    Art and cover by BERNARD CHANG 張伯納
    Variant cover by EJIKURE 吳偉傑
    1:25 variant cover by MICHAEL CHO
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | $4.99 US Variant (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/1/22

Batman and Robin fight with Pigsy over…a part of Monkey Prince's body that fell off and is rolling around moving on its own? And Pigsy better grab it quickly, before Monkey Prince transforms back into Marcus Sun, because there's no way a regular teenager could survive that!

From Roger Cruz

https://twitter.com/rogercruzbr/stat...58763531907078

There is 1 more. But is only his head with him smiling:

Damian Wayne Robin 2021 Roger Cruz.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-17-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Last edited by adrikito; 12-17-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    It seems that, besides Shadow War and Robin, Damian will be in Monkey Prince in March!

MONKEY PRINCE #2
    ON SALE 3/1/22

Batman and Robin fight with Pigsy over…a part of Monkey Prince's body that fell off and is rolling around moving on its own? And Pigsy better grab it quickly, before Monkey Prince transforms back into Marcus Sun, because there's no way a regular teenager could survive that!
    The Monkey Prince is looking to be a fun run in general. And now to have a crossover with Damian? Sweet.

MONKEY PRINCE #2
    ON SALE 3/1/22

It's really not Chang's fault, but seeing Damian in his style again is making me feel a bit annoyed. I get flashbacks to the Glass run.

One image from ROBIN 11... How Damian can be this calmed surrounded of Lazarus Island people?

About that.. Roger Cruz is NOT the only artist from ROBIN 10.. Apparently there is another called Norm Rapmund who is in Action Comics... Don´t tell me that we will need the New Superman to stop the Lazarus Devil?? This is not Damian problem?

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/people/915/norm-rapmund
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-20-2021 at 10:14 AM.

MONKEY PRINCE #2
    ON SALE 3/1/22

This is like a dream for me.

Journey to the West is probably my favourite piece of fiction. It's a big part of my childhood. Damian interacting with Sun and Pigsy is something amazing news.

I can't wait.

ROBIN 9 Sneak Peek.. Like Goku tired after one victory

ROBIN 2021 9 Damian Wayne.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-22-2021 at 01:05 PM.