Page 256 of 259 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259 LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 3875

Great issue. Really loved Damian's ultimate premise

spoilers:
    ALFRED IS THE BEST. Thanks for your help Penyworth. I think that is his last appearance like this..

Unlikely allies fighting together thanks to Damian..

I missed Hawke when they made the Devil lose his head.

I think that Mother Soul could hate Damian more than the rest of his Maternal family after this
    end of spoilers

Last page was unexpected. Nobody could had predicted this..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-28-2021 at 11:00 AM.

I'm glad that you guys like it, but I'm probably dropping it by #12. Every issue has things that annoy me and this one was no different.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm glad that you guys like it, but I'm probably dropping it by #12. Every issue has things that annoy me and this one was no different.
    I'm guessing you're not big on Shonen Manga then. Because this series has taken a lot of inspiration from it.

spoilers:
    MY! BOY!

I really liked the sequence of Damian reenacting Year One. Honestly exceeded my expectations.

I also really liked the callback to that one Streets of Gotham story where Damian wiped blood across his eyes for a temporary mask. To me, this is the first time Damian has shown real confidence. Before, his confidence would come from a place of superiority. But here, his confidence comes from being self-assured and reaffirmed. Goes to show just how important and vital Alfred is to the Batfamily and the Bat mythos.

With everyone teaming up to take down the Lazarus Demon, now we know why they're seen hanging out and chumming it up at a beach party in a future issue.

First, Williamson demonstrated Damian's connection to his father through the Year One sequence. Next, we'll be exploring his connection to his mother's side of his family. Demon. Detective.

And how could I forget my obligatory tirade against romance? I'd be kind of OK if what happened is everyone around Damian and Flatline keeps insinuating they're boyfriend and girlfriend, much to his annoyance, when in actuality they continue to just be friends/friendly rivals.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by garazza; 12-28-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah Williamson really gets Damian and gives him excellent moments in this most recent issue. It was great especially with the ghost of Alfred.
    Indeed. You can tell when a writer truly cares for a character but isn't a full on fanboy. Williamson's love and understanding of the character is plain to see without crossing over into over the top character worship, or wanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'm guessing you're not big on Shonen Manga then. Because this series has taken a lot of inspiration from it.
    I'm not sure. For example what really bugs me is stuff like the sequence with Respawn's chain around demon's head. At first we can see that it starts to burn and Respawn obviously won't be able to hold it for long, but then Damian grabs it too (and then other characters as well) and it stops burning. Why? I guess power of friendship.

But now I'm looking at the pages again and it is not even clear if chain is still burning or not.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure. For example what really bugs me is stuff like the sequence with Respawn's chain around demon's head. At first we can see that it starts to burn and Respawn obviously won't be able to hold it for long, but then Damian grabs it too (and then other characters as well) and it stops burning. Why? I guess power of friendship.

But now I'm looking at the pages again and it is not even clear if chain is still burning or not.
    That’s how anime works

Watching people still mentioning Shiva I am not surprised about it(I suppose that other things will exist to make someone complain). Despite sometimes I wonder why they continue reading. She will appear in the next arc but is not like she can randomly appear in this tournament anymore to continue mentioning her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Watching people still mentioning Shiva I am not surprised about it(I suppose that other things will exist to make someone complain). Despite sometimes I wonder why they continue reading. She will appear in the next arc but is not like she can randomly appear in this tournament anymore to continue mentioning her.
    Why do people want shiva here? Tournaments are for people to prove themselves why would she be here?

Yeah I'm overjoyed that a lot of the big name fighters like Shiva, Cass, Black Canary, or Bronze Tiger aren't here. Honestly, I'm kind of annoyed Tiger even entered in the first place.

All-New Member

I think people are upset because the tournament fighters are supposed to be the best in the world yet the most skilled ones aren't participating which is cool since it made Damain and Hawke being the final two believable but I think Williamson could have solved this issue by mentioning that they got invited but they declined to join.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harryrun View Post
    I think people are upset because the tournament fighters are supposed to be the best in the world yet the most skilled ones aren't participating which is cool since it made Damain and Hawke being the final two believable but I think Williamson could have solved this issue by mentioning that they got invited but they declined to join.
    He did. iirc Shiva refused, Bronze Tiger was paid to not participate, Black Canary and Cass will refuse tournament that force you to kill your opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why do people want shiva here? Tournaments are for people to prove themselves why would she be here?
    You are right here..

For this Rose fits more than Slade who the League of Lazarus wanted here

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    He did. iirc Shiva refused, Bronze Tiger was paid to not participate, Black Canary and Cass will refuse tournament that force you to kill your opponent
    Shiva got paid off, Bronze Tiger entered and lost the preliminary because his opponent cheated.