Page 26 of 259 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Beautiful art.

The black, red and white really make this pop.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Do you think so? I wonder what Damian is doing in Future State?
    My personal theory is that Damian is dead. No one is mentioning him, he has made no appearance, and what I consider especially important is that he has made no effort in challenging a stranger (Tim Fox) who is dressed up like Batman which would be in character to go "who the hell are you and why are you wearing my 'dead' fathers uniform". Not to mention that if the Magistrate knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, then they would clearly know Damian Wayne is Robin.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I still feel like his storyline was simply cut out due to changes in plans for him. It's just too weird, he is one of the main Bat-characters and is barely even mentioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I still feel like his storyline was simply cut out due to changes in plans for him. It's just too weird, he is one of the main Bat-characters and is barely even mentioned here.
    Maybe there were plans for him to be a villain, that certainly seemed to be their plan for 5G, but with Joshua Williamson kinda being in charge of Infinite Frontier and him repeatedly stating he will put Damian back on the hero's journey it wouldn't be suprising if DC thought that it wouldn't fit with their new plans. But we can only speculate.

Anyway, I feel like revealing that he's dead would make the most sense.

Exactly, I think it's just very weird not even mention him. I even tried asking Joshua Williamson on twitter, but no one answers.

On one hand, DC could just be playing dumb and Damian won't be in the story at all for whatever reason. On the other hand, it that's really the case, why not just say it right away? Why not just say he is dead and settle this? I don't know if I'm tripping, but to me this is just really really suspiscious.

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Exactly, I think it's just very weird not even mention him. I even tried asking Joshua Williamson on twitter, but no one answers.

On one hand, DC could just be playing dumb and Damian won't be in the story at all for whatever reason. On the other hand, it that's really the case, why not just say it right away? Why not just say he is dead and settle this? I don't know if I'm tripping, but to me this is just really really suspiscious.
    If they were playing dumb they just shouldn't have mentioned his name in Robin Eternal #1.

Maybe they were hoping that by not saying it right away they could get some Damian fans to buy Teen Titans to see if he's Red X or to buy other titles in hopes of him getting mentioned somewhere.
    Admitting that he's not going to be in this and what happened to him is not going to be important in any story would have killed more interest in Future State than keeping it a mystery. At least for Damian fans.

Astonishing Member

Why not just say he is dead and settle this?
    Probably because they didn't want to cut ties. They're still playing with Future State universe, maybe they want to use him there later. For example, I think there's a good chance for his appearance in Future State: Gotham.

So, Damian's supposed to fight in some tournament to decide who's the best fighter in the DC Universe? Cassandra Cain fans are gonna be mad!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    So, Damian's supposed to fight in some tournament to decide who's the best fighter in the DC Universe? Cassandra Cain fans are gonna be mad!
    No madder then they were at her BOP debut into the mainstream

They already were when the solicitations came out, for some reason a few acted like Damian "stole" Cassandra's arc, which was kinda ridiculous.
    It's a tournament arc, very common in shounen. And the best fighter part is just to hype it up, I doubt it's going to be matter much in the end. Williamson wants to show Damian kick lots of ass and that's an easy way to do it.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I'm not sure what that's about. It's all kicking off on tumblr with Cass blogs attacking Damian. Saying he's taking everything from Cass.

Claiming that they've been asking for a tournament arc for 15 years.

They should get over it. Why attack Damian a fictional character rather than focusing their ire on DC. The very real people who make the decisions

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    My personal theory is that Damian is dead. No one is mentioning him, he has made no appearance, and what I consider especially important is that he has made no effort in challenging a stranger (Tim Fox) who is dressed up like Batman which would be in character to go "who the hell are you and why are you wearing my 'dead' fathers uniform". Not to mention that if the Magistrate knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, then they would clearly know Damian Wayne is Robin.
    I'm hoping that now that they've expanded Future state and plans have changed there might be a mention of Damian. He's most likely dead. Which is sad because it means that he dies quite young.

Astonishing Member

Either he leads the League of Shadows or part of Totality. It doesn't make much sense to just kill him, well, at least if they intend to develop this universe.

Either he leads the League of Shadows or part of Totality. It doesn't make much sense to just kill him, well, at least if they intend to develop this universe.
    Why wouldn't it make sense? Lots of other characters are dead and they have tons of Batman characters to work with.

Astonishing Member

Well, they have almost entire Bat-family there, except him, and he's one of most important bat-characters. Not to mention his character's potentital and his popularity. So, yeah, it's pretty weird just to kill him off and that's it.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 02-09-2021 at 07:13 AM.