Page 29 of 259 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    So DC finally acknowledged Damian's Asian and Arab heritages... now they just need to stop whitewashing him!
    I really doubt they will stop to whitewash him, since they still want the mini Bruce look.

I guess you can say Damian is white passing

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm fine with that, given the time from Rebirth to now, the fact that a character like Aquaman has a baby who is now a couple months old, I would assume that Damian at this point has to be at least 14 nearly pushing 15.
    Yeah, but time in comics never makes that much sense. Bruce had a birthday at the start of Tomasi's Tec run and Damian was already 13 years old at that point, then Bruce had another birthday in Tec #1027 and a few issues later Bruce still says Damian is 13.
    Either time in DC makes no sense or Damian actually turned 14 at some point and Bruce seriously hasn't noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Nah, not what I meant. Damian being 13 means he never could've been made into Batman after the event ended.

But, uh, Damian has never beaten Tim Drake in a fair fight, by the way.
    Yeah I agree that Damian being Batman in future state wasn't what I'd expect.

And I do agree that Damian hasn't beaten Tim in a straight fight, but the brat knows he's at a disadvantage against him so he cheats. Would you expect Batman to beat Superman without Kryptonite?

Don't answer that

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I really doubt they will stop to whitewash him, since they still want the mini Bruce look.

I guess you can say Damian is white passing
    Sadly yes, but I wish he wasn't. Gleb sometimes paints his skin darker, so let's see if he carries this to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Huh. He's drawn older. He actually looks 14
    Until DC states otherwise, I'll consider him as still 13, tho. But this is just a cover, to me the inside is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Yeah, but time in comics never makes that much sense. Bruce had a birthday at the start of Tomasi's Tec run and Damian was already 13 years old at that point, then Bruce had another birthday in Tec #1027 and a few issues later Bruce still says Damian is 13.
    Either time in DC makes no sense or Damian actually turned 14 at some point and Bruce seriously hasn't noticed.
    Lol, I know he tries but Bruce actually might not have noticed - dude's had a lot happening lately but still. Perhaps it's to drive the plot forward and add more to Damian's angst.

Son of Batman - The Eternal 13/14 year old.
    Last edited by Shen; 02-12-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member

At least they acknowledged he’s Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Lol, I know he tries but Bruce actually might not have noticed - dude's had a lot happening lately but still. Perhaps it's to drive the plot forward and add more to Damian's angst.

Son of Batman - The Eternal 13/14 year old.
    Damian already got his angst moments when Bruce ignored his 13th birthday at the start of Teen Titans 2016, he might be more suprised if Bruce actually remembered for his 14th.

Alfred promised to bake him a cake with blood and sulfur for his 14th birthday, but I guess that's not going to happen now.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Alfred promised to bake him a cake with blood and sulfur for his 14th birthday, but I guess that's not going to happen now.
    Maybe he'll revive him after winning Lazarus tournament for the occasion

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Damian already got his angst moments when Bruce ignored his 13th birthday at the start of Teen Titans 2016, he might be more suprised if Bruce actually remembered for his 14th.
    At this point Damian will have to associate his birthday with angst. Year 1 possibly swimming on pool of blood, year 2-9 defeated by his mother, year 10 meet your father, but one day after got blown by torpedo and having some organ replacement, year 11 possibly in hell, year 12 Bruce is possibly amnesic, year 13 Bruce forgot but not because of amnesic plus his grandpa sent him bird corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    At this point Damian will have to associate his birthday with angst. Year 1 possibly swimming on pool of blood, year 2-9 defeated by his mother, year 10 meet your father, but one day after got blown by torpedo and having some organ replacement, year 11 possibly in hell, year 12 Bruce is possibly amnesic, year 13 Bruce forgot but not because of amnesic plus his grandpa sent him bird corpse.
    Damn man, and these are just his birthdays. It's no wonder the kid is borderline homicidal, considering he's mostly seen the darker side of the world in his short lifespan.

Well, I'm sure there's a fanfic out there that corrects all this.

So DC finally acknowledged Damian's Asian and Arab heritages... now they just need to stop whitewashing him!
    I'm typically okay with him looking white passing. He is 50% Bruce after all and this is the guy whose genes are so strong that even his adopted kids look like him lol

But yeah, darker skinned Damian is definitely welcomed.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

DC FESTIVAL OF HEROES: THE ASIAN SUPERHERO CELEBRATION #1

Written by GENE LUEN YANG, RAM V, GREG PAK, ALYSSA WONG, AMY CHU, MINH LE, DUSTIN NGUYEN, and others

Art by MARCUS TO, BERNARD CHANG, DUSTIN NGUYEN, MARCIO TAKARA, TRUNG LE NGUYEN, FRANCIS MANAPUL, and others

Cover by JIM LEE

Variant cover by STANLEY "ARTGERM" LAU

Grab your favorite boba and pull a chair up to the dim sum table as we celebrate Asian Heritage Month with all your favorite Asian DC characters, old and new! Join Cassandra Cain, Katana, Green Lantern Tai Pham, the Atom, Dana Tan (a.k.a. Batman Beyond), Red Arrow, Lady Shiva, Damian Wayne and the al Ghul clan, New Super-Man, and more as we present new tales of these characters from their thrilling history! Plus, Cheshire Cat's relationship to Cheshire is revealed as Shoes asks Selina Kyle to take her under her wing as Cat Girl. And that's just the start!

96 pages, $9.99, available on May 5

I'M SO EXCITED!
    This is cool. I hope they add Tai to the main dc universe.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm typically okay with him looking white passing. He is 50% Bruce after all and this is the guy whose genes are so strong that even his adopted kids look like him lol

It's kinda creepy how there's an unwritten law for robins to have dark hair and blue eyes (ironically excluding Damian).
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

And Bruce looks like a clone of his dad most of the time (DC can't even keep Martha's hair color consistent). So almost everyone in the batfam looks like Thomas Wayne in a way.