Page 30 of 259 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Attachment 105986
    ROBIN #2

Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON

Art and cover by GLEB MELNIKOV

Card stock variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL

After the shocking events of Robin #1, Damian has learned the deadly rules of Lazarus Island the hard way! Now he must prove that he belongs in the tournament and uncover its secrets! But his only ally is the daughter of one of his greatest enemies: Ravager! In this tournament, only one fighter can get out alive -- ready for round two? Fight!

32 pages, $3.99 (card stock variant, $4.99), available on May 25.
    It scares me a little see this kind of cover with Damian grave...

Damian allied with ROSE?? PERFECT.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Huh. He's drawn older. He actually looks 14
    I am perfectly fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    And Bruce looks like a clone of his dad most of the time (DC can't even keep Martha's hair color consistent). So almost everyone in the batfam looks like Thomas Wayne in a way.
    I always ending talking about it, but inconsistency of characters do bother me, height, colors, shapes, body type, chess size, when someone need to say a name of a character for they be recognized there is a problem.

I think even in the dark skin Damian still looks like a mini-Bruce.... but I am ok with the white skin, just take out all Arabic/Asiatic culture of Damian take a lot of the character :/

With all the discussion of time travel to connect Future State to Infinite Frontier, such as Simon Saint/Peacekeeper 01, could it be possible that the Damian of that era is time travelling as well, and the Batfamily is assuming the worst?
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    With all the discussion of time travel to connect Future State to Infinite Frontier, such as Simon Saint/Peacekeeper 01, could it be possible that the Damian of that era is time travelling as well, and the Batfamily is assuming the worst?
    Joshua Williamson said that Damian is not in FS at all and that the Robin ongoing is completely disconnected from FS in a recent interview. Since he's the writer of Robin and the head behind Infinite Frontier I assume he knows what he's talking about.

So while we're of course free to come up with reasons for Damian's disappearance, I wouldn't expect any detailed answers from FS.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    It's kinda creepy how there's an unwritten law for robins to have dark hair and blue eyes (ironically excluding Damian).
    Damian has dark hair and blue eyes in Tomasi's Detective Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I think even in the dark skin Damian still looks like a mini-Bruce.... but I am ok with the white skin, just take out all Arabic/Asiatic culture of Damian take a lot of the character :/
    Technically, Damian will still be Arabic/Asian if he looks like a white kid. Even if Damian has white milk skin, this wouldn't change that her mother isn't white.

The issue is comics are a visual media. So, many people expect the diversity is reflected in the character look.

Comics being a visual media is also the reason why Damian needs white skin to look like mini Bruce.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-15-2021 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Damian has dark hair and blue eyes in Tomasi's Detective Comics.

Technically, Damian will still be Arabic/Asian if he looks like a white kid. Even if Damian has white milk skin, this wouldn't change that her mother isn't white.

The issue is comics are a visual media. So, many people expect the diversity is reflected in the character look.

Comics being a visual media is also the reason why Damian needs white skin to look like mini Bruce.
    about the Asian/Arabic thing is how there is almost any element that categorizes Damian as a no American, he could have dark skin and still be like this, Damian could for example has books in Arabic/Chinese in his room, or eat Arabian food some times, or talk in Chinese with Round House, or play/have a Tar, I don't like when they do this as a stereotyped way when there are characters that remember they are a foreigner in each 10 minutes....
    Representation goes very beyond a physical characteristic. It's like Mille Morales, We can see he is black by his skin and hair, but there are cultural elements of where he lives, he calls his mother speaking in Spanish and don't need to wear a Mexican t-shirt for we got he is mixed race.
    I know many Japanese downward that call them grandmothers of obaa-chan XD, and I love fics that Damian calls Bruce "baba" accidentally XD, details are what make a good representation in characters....
    So, I still prefer Damian in dark skin and I think he can look like a tiny-Bruce just by his black hair and proportions, but I agree he could've born with milk-white skin, but since Damian is mixed-race and I think it is interestanting and very unique for the character, I would like to see a little more of this.

Astonishing Member

So while we're of course free to come up with reasons for Damian's disappearance, I wouldn't expect any detailed answers from FS.
    Maybe tomorrow's Catwoman issue will have some Damian's mention, since Talia will meet Bruce there.

Maybe tomorrow's Catwoman issue will have some Damian's mention, since Talia will meet Bruce there.
    I know, but even if that happens I don't expect to get a long and detailed explanation. It's the Catwoman book and she has nothing to do with Damian.

Nope, no mention of Damian in FS: Catwoman either unless I missed something.
    For some strange reason Tim Drake is the only one who seems to remember he ever even existed in Future State.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Yeah I agree that Damian being Batman in future state wasn't what I'd expect.

And I do agree that Damian hasn't beaten Tim in a straight fight, but the brat knows he's at a disadvantage against him so he cheats. Would you expect Batman to beat Superman without Kryptonite?

Don't answer that
    Damian has beaten Tim in a fair fight. Robin War and Deathstroke.

Good serious fighters always cheat aka strategy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Nope, no mention of Damian in FS: Catwoman either unless I missed something.
    For some strange reason Tim Drake is the only one who seems to remember he ever even existed in Future State.
    Yeah, that's funny, from all people Tim Drake is one only one, who mentioned him.
    I think he'll appear in anthology, it seems like that's where all of that Resistance vs Magistrate story is going. If he was dead, they would say about it, so there is a reason. And given that Williamson is a fan of Damian, most likely he will not miss the chance to introduce the FS version in his story.

Yeah, that's funny, from all people Tim Drake is one only one, who mentioned him.
    I think he'll appear in anthology, it seems like that's where all of that Resistance vs Magistrate story is going. If he was dead, they would say about it, so there is a reason. And given that Williamson is a fan of Damian, most likely he will not miss the chance to introduce the FS version in his story.
    Maybe, but I'm not gonna be checking that out. I'm over Future State.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian has beaten Tim in a fair fight. Robin War and Deathstroke.

Good serious fighters always cheat aka strategy
    I don't doubt Damian can break Tim Drake's patronizing face, but some people will always downplay his 'victories' to luck or cheating - or the opponent going easy on him.

Meh, to each their own.

But remind me, because my memory seems foggy. Did people downplay Cass when she showed up and took down fully trained fighters twice her size like Dick?

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I don't doubt Damian can break Tim Drake's patronizing face, but some people will always downplay his 'victories' to luck or cheating - or the opponent going easy on him.

Meh, to each their own.

But remind me, because my memory seems foggy. Did people downplay Cass when she showed up and took down fully trained fighters twice her size like Dick?
    Nope. Comic fans are funny that way.