Page 38 of 96 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 1429
  1. #556
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,022

    Default

    Damian is the funniest Batkid







  2. #557

  3. #558
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,022

    Default

    Looking forward to more Talia from Williamson


  4. #559
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,022

    Default

    Saw this post and thought how true

    All Damian vs Bruce fights: always end up with Damian accidentally slipping and falling from a high place and making Bruce jump behind him to shield him from the fall.

    All Damian vs Dick fights: always end up with Dick trying to restrain Damian instead of hitting him back.

    All Damian vs Jason fights: always start with Jason saying that he will not fight a child, but always end up with him fighting a child.

    All Damian vs Tim fights: always start with Tim saying that he WILL fight a child and always end up with him fighting the said child.

  5. #560
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian is the funniest Batkid






    Damian is a very funny kid. Forgot about that Damian had a story in that Robin Annual

  6. #561
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Saw this post and thought how true

    All Damian vs Bruce fights: always end up with Damian accidentally slipping and falling from a high place and making Bruce jump behind him to shield him from the fall.

    All Damian vs Dick fights: always end up with Dick trying to restrain Damian instead of hitting him back.

    All Damian vs Jason fights: always start with Jason saying that he will not fight a child, but always end up with him fighting a child.

    All Damian vs Tim fights: always start with Tim saying that he WILL fight a child and always end up with him fighting the said child.
    One of the many reasons why Dick Grayson is simply the best. You'll never catch him throwing hands with a child.

    He acts like a grown up, never getting down to Damian's level of childish behaviour. Takes control of the situation and diffuses the situation. This is why Damian and DC heroes have such respect for him.

    Bruce his parental instincts kick in regardless of how pissed off/bratty Damian gets.

    Jason and Tim, Damian is always able to get to them. He controls the situation so their confrontations always go the way Damian planned. The situation escalates to throwing hands and nothing ever gets resolved. Kiddy frolics

  7. #562
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Saw this post and thought how true

    All Damian vs Bruce fights: always end up with Damian accidentally slipping and falling from a high place and making Bruce jump behind him to shield him from the fall.

    All Damian vs Dick fights: always end up with Dick trying to restrain Damian instead of hitting him back.

    All Damian vs Jason fights: always start with Jason saying that he will not fight a child, but always end up with him fighting a child.

    All Damian vs Tim fights: always start with Tim saying that he WILL fight a child and always end up with him fighting the said child.
    There's another one where he tallied all the Damian and Dick hugs and half of it is just Dick restraining Damian from beating up someone

  8. #563
    Incredible Member Astralabius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    506

    Default

    We're getting solicitations on friday, right?

    Williamson said he's writing the solicitations for Robin himself and he doesn't want to spoil too much through them, but I'm still curious.

  9. #564
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    I wish these two interacted more often



    Their interactions are always packed with comedy gold.

    Side note The Signal writer is savage.

  10. #565
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    We're getting solicitations on friday, right?

    Williamson said he's writing the solicitations for Robin himself and he doesn't want to spoil too much through them, but I'm still curious.
    I believe so. What are your thoughts on the back up?

    Williamson proved a long time ago that he's got a good handle on Damain's character so I wasn't worried.

    His Talia was a surprise and a delight.

    I feel the Robin title is going to strike the right balance between humour, action and emotion.

    I have high hopes.

  11. #566
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    There's another one where he tallied all the Damian and Dick hugs and half of it is just Dick restraining Damian from beating up someone
    I can believe that. Dick puts him in a bear hug to calm him. Like parents swaddle very young babies.

  12. #567
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Looking forward to more Talia from Williamson

    Glass houses Talia, because Ra's and Talia aren't known for theatrical antics.

    Toss in Dick Grayson's influence Damian wasn't ever going to be anything but OTT levels of dramatics.

    i wonder if we'll get Talia and Bruce interactions in Robin? I enjoy their bickering

  13. #568
    Incredible Member Astralabius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I believe so. What are your thoughts on the back up?

    Williamson proved a long time ago that he's got a good handle on Damain's character so I wasn't worried.

    His Talia was a surprise and a delight.

    I feel the Robin title is going to strike the right balance between humour, action and emotion.

    I have high hopes.
    It was only 8 pages long, so jury is still out. I'm waiting for the second part.

    I thought the cliffhanger could have been better though. We know Talia is not going to die here, in fact the blood is probably from her killing the guy who threatened her.
    If the cliffhanger was supposed to make me wonder if Damian killed him then the only thing I can say is that it doesn't matter. Damian already threw all of his character developement out the window in Teen Titans when he killed Brother Blood and he didn't have an arc that made him re-learn that he shouldn't kill since then.
    Didn't really make me feel any suspense.
    I know it's difficult to tell a story in 8 pages though, so I'm not too bothered by it.

  14. #569
    Incredible Member Astralabius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Glass houses Talia, because Ra's and Talia aren't known for theatrical antics.

    Toss in Dick Grayson's influence Damian wasn't ever going to be anything but OTT levels of dramatics.

    i wonder if we'll get Talia and Bruce interactions in Robin? I enjoy their bickering
    Damian gets his theatrical side from both his parents, but Bruce and Talia love to blame everything they don't like about their son on the other parent, even when the flaw in question applies to themselves too.

  15. #570
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,022

    Default

    So Bendis is doing a Checkmate book that features Robin. here's hoping it's not Damian.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •