Page 39 of 259 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    There's another one where he tallied all the Damian and Dick hugs and half of it is just Dick restraining Damian from beating up someone
    Yeah I've seen that post and it's funny and factual.

So, it seems Bendis will write Damian again. Joy. At least he's just a guest.

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post

Oh yay. More Bendis stuff to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Oh yay. More Bendis stuff to ignore.
    Couldn't agree more.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Nice Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Nice Avatar
    Thanks! It's from an old Gleb Melnikov drawing: https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...46349906223104

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    So Bendis is doing a Checkmate book that features Robin. here's hoping it's not Damian.
    I kinda hate that we're still at a point where we sometimes have to wonder whether or not "Robin" means Damian or Tim XD

Oh my God, Bendis! Just write Tim! You've already admitted you like him more. And your Damian is is ****. Just. Write. TIM!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I kinda hate that we're still at a point where we sometimes have to wonder whether or not "Robin" means Damian or Tim XD

Oh my God, Bendis! Just write Tim! You've already admitted you like him more. And your Damian is is ****. Just. Write. TIM!
    Yeah, I am a little worried about how Damian will be depicted after how much of a stinker Event Levithan turned out to be. No more, not now that Damian finally has a less-edgy direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

Having two Robins just leads to confusion.
    I hope Tim's story in Urban Legends will lead to him finding a new purpose and finally a good identity that is just his own.
    I don't think 40 year old Tim as Robin like in FS: Justice League is something any reasonable fan of Tim wants for him.

I really don't get why he insists on writing Damian. He neither likes nor gets him. And I will never forgive him for comparing Damian to Adolf Hitler.
    I hope that since Talia switched from being a main character in the original Checkmate story Bendis had planned to guest star in this new version that Damian's involvement in this has gotten smaller too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    Yeah, I am a little worried about how Damian will be depicted after how much of a stinker Event Levithan turned out to be. No more, not now that Damian finally has a less-edgy direction!
    I remember how absolutely dumb Damian's accusations against Jason were. Then again, Batman went along with them. Every "detective" in that book was an idiot.

I don't need more of that.

I guess I'm slightly curious to see how he plans to explain that Damian is in Checkmate in the first place.
    Unless it takes place in the past or between Damian's meeting with Talia and Damian taking part in the League of Lazarus tournament that could be hard to explain.
    Williamson said the tournament arc would be rather long, longer than six issues and I doubt Damian will be able to leave during the tournament. I also wouldn't be suprised if he wants to investigate this new unknown part of the League of Lazarus sooner rather than later.

Then again, Bendis is not known to care about continuity. Not even his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I guess I'm slightly curious to see how he plans to explain that Damian is in Checkmate in the first place.
    Unless it takes place in the past or between Damian's meeting with Talia and Damian taking part in the League of Lazarus tournament that could be hard to explain.
    Williamson said the tournament arc would be rather long, longer than six issues and I doubt Damian will be able to leave during the tournament. I also wouldn't be suprised if he wants to investigate this new unknown part of the League of Lazarus sooner rather than later.
    It sounds like Robin is just one of many Guest characters not an actual member of the Spy group.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It sounds like Robin is just one of many Guest characters not an actual member of the Spy group.
    I know, I meant the book not the organization.
    I just don't see how Damian could make even a meaningful guest appearance.
    Why not just leave him out of this completely.

Hey, everyone! Reminder that Challenge of the Super Sons is back!