Page 4 of 259 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Maybe some mix between Robin suit and his new look.
    Tynion said in his newslatter, that back-ups can lead to mini-series and ongoings, so with Melnikov and Williamson words I think it's pretty much confirmed some Damian series, maybe in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    However, Robin is the only identity tha he's been using for more than 10 years.

I think it will be good to include Robin in the title.
    But it's not like "Damian Wayne" alone isn't recognizable.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Joshua Williamson is writing "Robin" backups, so take from that what you will.

Until we have someone else firmly using the Robin identity in a prominent way, I think there's still a possibility Damian will become Robin again in a year or two.
    At least it doesn't look like Bruce has given up on Damian as Robin. But DC loves ignoring what Tomasi has done so that doesn't have to mean much.

DC still referring to Damian as Robin in interviews, stories and on the covers for the backup stories in March months after he quit as Robin makes me feel like this might end up being far less permanent than we thought at first too.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 01-02-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    They've already said Damian will have another suit. So, I wouldn't hope he will mantain it.

PS: I suspect the new suit will be a Robin suit.
    Someone asked Gleb how he would do a Damian Robin suit if he had the chance and he said he couldn't answer because of spoilers. This doesn't necessarily mean he's doing Damian a new Robin costume, but it raises suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    At least it doesn't look like Bruce has given up on Damian as Robin. But DC loves ignoring what Tomasi has done so that doesn't have to mean much.

DC still referring to Damian as Robin in interviews, stories and on the covers for the backup stories in March months after he quit as Robin makes me feel like this might end up being far less permanent than we thought at first too.
    I think they got to a point in wich they were more dealing with the consequences of what they did in TT than actually moving forward, you know? They wanted to take Damian out of Robin for 5G and changed their minds, but they can't ignore everything - though they have already ignored a big part -, and now are dealing with it. We will see where that end up at.
    Last edited by the1&onlyE.; 01-02-2021 at 07:39 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    But it's not like "Damian Wayne" alone isn't recognizable.
    Damian and Jon will probably be getting more notice once they end up in Young Justice, or if they show up in some form on a CW show at some point. I can easily see DC wanting to sell a kids show with those two for HBO Max.

I think keep just "Damian Wayne Appreciation" is better, there is many Robins, but just one Damian Wayne <3<3<3

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Damian and Jon will probably be getting more notice once they end up in Young Justice, or if they show up in some form on a CW show at some point. I can easily see DC wanting to sell a kids show with those two for HBO Max.
    I am dreaming with it too =u= can be in Clark and Louis series, new animation movies about they two, new super pets movies, YJ s4 aaany place, but I think it will happens

There is one more thing, DC Super Hero Girls appeared in Teen Titans GO! Last month, Since Shazam appearance in TTGO! This really became a show for show Warner Bros projects, I still think Damian can show up in some episode.
    Would be fun and many many peoples would know the character.

I think no one ever commented about Tiny Titans's Damian, but too much adorable for not being mentioned.

6542fd3d7ca11503d5626d888ca3bfba.jpg

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    LMAO okay didn't expect that to be the first pic on the thread
    That kind of edit happens a lot... sometimes... once or twice
    It is kind of a shipper joke. They're usually gone within a day. People just wait to see how long before someone notice and edit it back. So enjoy it while you can
    I'm saving it
    It's gone ^^

Astonishing Member

My favourite Damian Wayne was with Dick Grayson's Batman. That Batman and Robin by Grant Morrison plus Batman #666 was special followed by his banter with Superboy in Peter J Tomasi's Super Sons.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Happy 2021 Everyone. What do you think is in store for Damian Wayne this Year?
    Can you include link of past year thread as well? So new fans can read all of past discussion.

What I think is in store for Damian :
    - Magic or Al Ghul related business and away from Batman and Batfam (which is weird because he's freaking 13 Bruce you can't leave him be and think "now he will search for his own path and I respect his opinion". At least he has his mother on future issues).
    - From Gleb twitter looks like there will be new support/villains character for him. And I like how he draw Damian.
    - I think he will get mini book kinda similar with 'Robin Son of Batman'.
    - Of course, Supersons. If there's miracle, I hope we will get Supersons animated series this year, or maybe just announcement for next year.
    - I really really don't want it, but there's possibility that he occasionally will appear as cameo on Titans Academy.
    - Hope that we will get some closure about Book of Damned, Black Casebook, and Heretic's fate (I know that his death is not as iconic as Jason's but I think it should be a big deal if Damian's killer merged alive again? There's so many potential stories about it? Damn Glass and your unsatisfying storytelling, your take of Heretic is so lame)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I think no one ever commented about Tiny Titans's Damian, but too much adorable for not being mentioned.

6542fd3d7ca11503d5626d888ca3bfba.jpg
    Tiny Titans gave me this adorable Jason&Damian interaction, bless that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    - Hope that we will get some closure about Book of Damned, Black Casebook, and Heretic's fate (I know that his death is not as iconic as Jason's but I think it should be a big deal if Damian's killer merged alive again? There's so many potential stories about it? Damn Glass and your unsatisfying storytelling, your take of Heretic is so lame)
    I fear there will be no more closure to these things than was already given.

Book of the damned: Just a plot device to get the team from plot a to plot b I'm afraid. Which is kinda funny considering Glass' "big bad" the Other aka Heretic turned out to be not much more than a plot device to give Damian this plot device.
    I would be suprised if another writer uses it again.

Black Casebook: I feel like at the end of the day the only purpose of this was to give Bruce a reason to start looking for Damian (since his thirteen year old kid being missing was apparently not reason enough) and for Damian to have something to do while Tomasi had Bruce deal with the anti-vigilante movement. Also I'm pretty sure Bruce took it back when he found Damian's base and considering how much he stressed that the book was important for his work I don't see why Bruce should have given it back to Damian.

The Heretic: Well, his whole plan was to get Damian to take over for him because his resureccted body was dying. So if Crush making him fall down that hole didn't kill him he might have died because of his body failing him by now.

I know none of this sounds satisfying, but it's probably enough closure in DC's eyes.

Guys, there's something that is kind of in my mind. In the first part of Demon or Detective, the solicitation says:

Plus, the backup story "Demon or Detective" begins as Damian Wayne is on the run! After everything Damian has gone through, can he escape Gotham and find his way back to where his journey started—to his mother, Talia al Ghul? This two-part tale concludes this month in Detective Comics #1034!
    This raised many questions in my mind. Why is he running away? From whom? Do you guys think this is just meant to mislead us or did something happen?

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Guys, there's something that is kind of in my mind. In the first part of Demon or Detective, the solicitation says:

This raised many questions in my mind. Why is he running away? From whom? Do you guys think this is just meant to mislead us or did something happen?
    When the solicitations for March came out I thought something would happen in Detective Comics #1033 that would force Damian to escape from Gotham, but that didn't happen. Bruce has no reason to capture him right now.

Joker is going to attack Gotham in Infinite Frontier #0, so that might be a reason.
    It might have to do with the League of Lazarus that was mentioned in the solicitations.
    It could also be someone completely new that Joshua Williamson plans to use later in whatever story Damian will be involved in.
    It could be nothing too. Solicitations are often more dramatic than the actual issue and sometimes they are straight up lying.
    Maybe "After everything he went through Damian missed his mom and left the city to find her" simply didn't sound epic enough.