Page 41 of 259 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Around the time when bendis posted that tweet about damian being the 5th best Robin, He did mention the only pro to Damian being that he had less restraints. Which I took to mean Damian as a mouth piece for the author like we see Taylor do often Eg
    in Tec when Damian called Bruce out for collecting orphans and neglecting his kids.

Or in Injustice 2 where Damian calls Bruce out on his double standards and ego

Bendis hasn't don that ever with Damian though.

Agreed on the bad detective part. Bendis has Damian as part of the DCU detectives and then proceeds to write him being dumb. Just don't use him.

No Robin should be on that team
    Ah, okay. I didn't know the context and his wording was pretty vague. Thanks for the clarification.

I hope DC's attempts at damage control after Teen Titans mean editorial will keep a closer look at what Bendis is doing with Damian in Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    We need a show
    I really don't understand why we don't have a super sons cartoon yet. It would be such an easy way to introduce kids to the DC universe.

I just realized that both Robin #1 and the Batman and Robin story with Bruce and Damian in Batman: Black and White #5 come out on April 27th.
    April will be a long month for me.

I'm going to assume that since its Talia on the team, that the Robin on this team is Damian. Also if Oliver is forming his own secret team with Batman's son on it, that can't end well.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dcs-event...-indefinitely/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

Is Talia still going to be in Checkmate? I thought she was moving to other stories more related to the broader DCU?

Originally I know she was working with Checkmate to be released from Prison but last time we saw her, she was in a chic, hotel in Markovia.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Is Talia still going to be in Checkmate? I thought she was moving to other stories more related to the broader DCU?

Originally I know she was working with Checkmate to be released from Prison but last time we saw her, she was in a chic, hotel in Markovia.
    In fairness it might have played into Checkmate because I remember that Leviathan bought Markovia.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I really don't understand why we don't have a super sons cartoon yet. It would be such an easy way to introduce kids to the DC universe.
    Batwheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I also think that's a no-brainer, so I hope they have plans for the future. I also believe it might be possible to get Jon and Damian animated in Young Justice, if it survives one or two more seasons. It's pretty much setted up.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post

She will be there, but I think that her role might have been reduced. I wonder if Checkmate will somehow influence Robin, or at least be mentioned somehow.

Besides, I think that initially Checkmate was supposed to have a big influence in the DCU and it was going to set things for 5G, so I also wonder how much was altered given recent events.

Damian is so annoying in Super Sons, I love Damian being a brat, but this is not being fun in the last editions, I like when he is also quite and make sarcastic/smart comments, but I don't think that is what is happening :/

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Batwheels.
    Don't remind me T_T

I don't know why, but the only thing that kinda annoys me from Challenge of the Supersons is that Rora calls Jon Superman instead of Superboy.

Otherwise, I love it - especially the Hawkgirl issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I don't know why, but the only thing that kinda annoys me from Challenge of the Supersons is that Rora calls Jon Superman instead of Superboy.

Otherwise, I love it - especially the Hawkgirl issue.
    That wouldn't bother me as much if it weren't for Jon's....current status

Astonishing Member

Robin #3

written by Joshua Williamson
    art by Gleb Melnikov
    cover by Gleb Melnikov
    card stock variant cover by Francis
    Manapul
    ON SALE 6/22/2021
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover $4.99 US| FC | DC

It’s a beach party from hell! Robin’s mission to get to the heart of the League of Lazarus's inner workings has left him once again locked in combat with his fellow fighters, but never did Damian Wayne think it would lead to a beach-blanket cookout. What’s more dangerous than a life-or-death struggle for the all-or-nothing prize of immortality? Well, for Damian, it’s acting like a normal teenager for five minutes. And don’t miss the surprise confrontation with Damian’s number 1 competition, a mysterious fighter trained by the League of Shadows!

I'm loving the covers!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Robin #3

written by Joshua Williamson
    art by Gleb Melnikov
    cover by Gleb Melnikov
    card stock variant cover by Francis
    Manapul
    ON SALE 6/22/2021
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover $4.99 US| FC | DC

It’s a beach party from hell! Robin’s mission to get to the heart of the League of Lazarus's inner workings has left him once again locked in combat with his fellow fighters, but never did Damian Wayne think it would lead to a beach-blanket cookout. What’s more dangerous than a life-or-death struggle for the all-or-nothing prize of immortality? Well, for Damian, it’s acting like a normal teenager for five minutes. And don’t miss the surprise confrontation with Damian’s number 1 competition, a mysterious fighter trained by the League of Shadows!
    The solicitation is very... interesting, I guess. Really hard to understand what's going on, but it seems there's a lot happening. There's:
    - a beach party?;
    - he's fighting people;
    - he needs to act his age?;
    - confrontation with a big fighter.

No idea how this all fits together, but I really want to read it!